Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NHK HD now on Freesat

• 09-05-2011 11:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭

Just a quick heads up that NHK HD launched today on Freesat HD on channel 209. Picture looks great.

That makes 5 HD channels on the platform, BBC HD, BBC1 HD, ITV 1 HD, Ch4 HD and NHK HD.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

mjsmyth wrote: »
    Just a quick heads up that NHK HD launched today on Freesat HD on channel 209. Picture looks great.

That makes 5 HD channels on the platform, BBC HD, BBC1 HD, ITV 1 HD, Ch4 HD and NHK HD.

Its been FTA for a while already, its the first FTA HD News station, I really can't see Sky's logic in keeping Sky News HD encrypted, they beam the SD version out FTA all over Europe, if it was FTA I reckon it would actually help improve their HD sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Pat Gleeson

NHK World HD now also on Sky EPG 507

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

NHK World HD now also on Sky EPG 507

It's on 518.

zerks wrote: »
    It's on 518.

Is your box a HD one? On my Sky HD box it's on 507

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭John mac

Just checked mine. 518.

I have a 1st edition Tompson hd box (can't run the new Darwin software)

I also dont have a hd sub.

• Advertisement

Confirmed 507 on Sky HD EPG, 518 on SD EPG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭chalkitdown

Confirmed 507 on Sky HD EPG, 518 on SD EPG.

Thanks, you just have the channel order reversed.

Thanks, you just have the channel order reversed.

eh?

The EPG number it appears on depends on whether you have a HD or SD box. NHK along with some other channels give the HD variant precedence on the HD EPG.

http://www.digitalspy.ie/digitaltv/news/a292944/sky-to-introduce-new-hd-epg-system.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭John mac

eh?

The EPG number it appears on depends on whether you have a HD or SD box.

Should that no be non hd epg and HD epg.

eh?

The EPG number it appears on depends on whether you have a HD or SD box. NHK along with some other channels give the HD variant precedence on the HD EPG.

http://www.digitalspy.ie/digitaltv/news/a292944/sky-to-introduce-new-hd-epg-system.html

If you have the HD box but no HD sub the SD channels get first preference like on the SD boxes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement