Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suited young people in parkmore

Options
  • 09-05-2011 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭

Every so often, there is a load of youngsters (17-20 year olds) standing outside the spar shop in parkmore. Have seen this quite a lot over the year.

Any idea what they are at? Are they doing a training course or starting up a new cult or something (they are usually all dressed in black).
    Im just been nosey today!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Every so often, you should ask them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭LowOdour

snubbleste wrote: »
    Every so often, you should ask them.

Are you mad?
    I dont even make eye contact with them.....not until i get answers to what they are up to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 tumblywumbly

I had an interview with a company there before. If I'm not mistaken, I'd say it'd be those that are employed there. Everyone is young enough and dressed in suits or other such attire. It's door to door stuff but they are in the office above Spar for a few hours in the morning before they drive out to whatever area to sell their product.

Awful job.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭HeisenbergBB

What time does this usually happen?

If its around lunch I'd imagine its just the people who work near there eating a sandwich from spar on their lunch break.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭LowOdour

I had an interview with a company there before. If I'm not mistaken, I'd say it'd be those that are employed there. Everyone is young enough and dressed in suits or other such attire. It's door to door stuff but they are in the office above Spar for a few hours in the morning before they drive out to whatever area to sell their product.

Awful job.

That makes sense, they all started to get into a people carrier when i came out of the shop

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Had a job interview there. Basically they work upstairs and yes they sell door to door but in Mayo and Galway City. ****ing terrible job but very nice people.

Usually around 12 they would be waiting to leave so they wait outside for the cars.

So basically nothing sinister just people trying to make a bit of money. They won't bite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Are they the ones wearing the few-sizes-too-big-suits that walk around with 3-4 suitcases each?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Are they the ones wearing the few-sizes-too-big-suits that walk around with 3-4 suitcases each?

No suitcases just gearbag looking things with Airtricity on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Or actually black gear-bags rather yeah, they have them on wheels. Useta often hear them rumbling their way through Shop Street in the mornings, n all the teddies n stuff would fall outta the bags. They used to sell pretty decent stuff - well sometimes, they'd call into place of work out near Ballybrit with their wares n they would have made a few sales on occasion so they did get some business after their trekking around.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Yeah they used to come into pubs years ago before they were told **** off.

• Advertisement
Advertisement