Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Free View Box

• 09-05-2011 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

I'm sure this has been discussed but I cannot find the forum so you're welcome to move it.

I had Chorus digital. Then I switched to SKY HD. I would like to get a Free View box for the bedroom. Can I use the Chorus dish (which is still attached to my chiminea) for a Free View box in my bedroom?

Also, I have an old Sky box (the standard one). Could I hook this up to the Sky dish?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Timewaster wrote: »
    I'm sure this has been discussed but I cannot find the forum so you're welcome to move it.

I had Chorus digital. Then I switched to SKY HD. I would like to get a Free View box for the bedroom. Can I use the Chorus dish (which is still attached to my chiminea) for a Free View box in my bedroom?

Also, I have an old Sky box (the standard one). Could I hook this up to the Sky dish?

The chorus aerial is useless for any purpose other than receiving chorus(UPC now).

You can connect your old sky box to the sky dish for fta no problem.

Freeview is the UK digital service available via aerial,quite a few people along the East Coast with an aerial pointed towards Wales can pick it up,if you could receive the UK analogue signal in the past then you can get Freeview.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

zerks wrote: »
    The chorus aerial is useless for any purpose other than receiving chorus(UPC now).

You can connect your old sky box to the sky dish for fta no problem.

Freeview is the UK digital service available via aerial,quite a few people along the East Coast with an aerial pointed towards Wales can pick it up,if you could receive the UK analogue signal in the past then you can get Freeview.

This would be unlikely I reckon unless there was a deflector serving his locality in Limerick. Parts of North Cork around Fermoy and Kilworth used to receive the UK Analog channels but I am not sure if it was deflected or not, perhaps it had something to do with the defunct SCTV.

As Zerks said, the Chorus/UPC equipment is good only for UPC and what you need is to do is connect the old Sky box with additional cabling running to the LNB on your satellite dish and you will receive a good range of FTA channels then once you remove the old Sky card.

Advertisement