Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cleaning White Wool Carpet

• 09-05-2011 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭

Hi,
    I'm living in rented accomodation and the the carpet in the living room is a white wool type. I'm gonna be moving out in a couple of months and the carpet is looking kinda dirty. I've tried using vanish and some other similiar products on it but they have no impact on the tougher stains. Has anyone any ideas whats good? I'm mostly looking to protect my deposit.
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

tjc28 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm living in rented accomodation and the the carpet in the living room is a white wool type. I'm gonna be moving out in a couple of months and the carpet is looking kinda dirty. I've tried using vanish and some other similiar products on it but they have no impact on the tougher stains. Has anyone any ideas whats good? I'm mostly looking to protect my deposit.
    Thanks in advance

Contract a professional carpet cleaner to do the job. He should have the necessary knowledge and experience dealing with wool carpets, and make sure he is fully insured should it all go pear-shaped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

tbh, I wouldn't bother with it unless the landlord wants it done. It could easily be classed as normal wear and tear on the carpet.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭tjc28

Thanks for the replies.
    Money is tight as I'm out of work so getting professional cleaners would be the last option but I may have to weigh up the costs in relation to my deposit. Would rather get it all back but some is better then none if it comes to that.
    I had thought about the normal wear and tear thing and ideally this is what it would fall under but I'm just unsure of how the process workd so I'll be investigating further.
    Thanks again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Irish Fire

I clean carpets but to save yourself a few bob go to Woodies/B&Q and hire a cleaner........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭antiskeptic

tjc28 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Thanks in advance

A landlord who puts a white carpet into rented accomodation hasn't got a leg to stand on.

• Advertisement
Advertisement