Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

boarding kennels mayo

• 09-05-2011 1:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

hi, i am looking for boarding kennels in the mayo area... i was thinking of these guys

http://www.lodgevethospital.com/index.html

they are based just outside Westport. Anyone have any experience of them? I just want to find a place where the dogs will be clean, fed, bit of excercise, bit of attention, and will be alive upon my return!

Anyone got any other recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Hiya I am actually just about to call them now to book mine in for two nights in August. Have had really good reports from a friend that puts her dog in all the time.

There is also a place called Canine Manners near Clonbur if that suits you? Very nice lady called Sarah I am going to be going to her for training shortly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

My lot go to Massbrook Kennels between Foxford and Swinford. Really good place and nice people owning/running it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

I rang both places mentioned and Massbrook is cheaper by €20, this is for three dogs in two kennels for two nights.

Going to see massbrook on sunday, its nearer as well so might only need to put them in for one night which would be brilliant.

TillyGirl wrote: »
    I rang both places mentioned and Massbrook is cheaper by €20, this is for three dogs in two kennels for two nights.

Going to see massbrook on sunday, its nearer as well so might only need to put them in for one night which would be brilliant.

I really like the people there, they took 8 of my dogs for two nights and when we arrived to collect them, there wasn't a sound out of any of them, which I think is a good sign. Even though they had 8 dogs, it was obvious they had spent time with them, as they had got their little quirks right:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭dillodaffs

ISDW wrote: »
    I really like the people there, they took 8 of my dogs for two nights and when we arrived to collect them, there wasn't a sound out of any of them, which I think is a good sign. Even though they had 8 dogs, it was obvious they had spent time with them, as they had got their little quirks right:D

im not sure that its a good sign that there wasnt a sound out of any of them... i have heard bad reports about that place so will be avoiding it im afraid. probably try the westport place.

I will add a huge vote of confidence for doris and henry out in headford to, the only problem is that they get booked up very quickly and very far in advance. i do leave my two there but need another place to as back up!

• Advertisement

dillodaffs wrote: »
    im not sure that its a good sign that there wasnt a sound out of any of them... i have heard bad reports about that place so will be avoiding it im afraid. probably try the westport place.

I will add a huge vote of confidence for doris and henry out in headford to, the only problem is that they get booked up very quickly and very far in advance. i do leave my two there but need another place to as back up!

Well, as I used to own and run a boarding kennels, and run a rescue for huskies, yes, the fact that when we turned up, my dogs were quiet is a very good sign in my opinion. The minute they realised I was there, the husky howl started:D

• Registered Users Posts: 28 newtowheels

Hey, there is also a place in the North West of Mayo, in Belmullet, its pretty new I think so I don't think it has a website. But the name is Doggy Styling. Its a dog grooming business which now also offers Boarding.

Regina 0877521893

Advertisement