Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2011 (UK show)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

lizt wrote: »
    Is there going to be a week by week prediction thread this year? I don't mind setting one up (as reigning champion :P) but I am pretty crap with excel spreadsheets but if no one else wants to do it, I will!

Who did it last year?

Was just checking out the DS X Factor forum and saw this thread.
    Apparently Kelly Rowland and X Factor people were seen around where Jade lives. Someone in the thread suggested that maybe 4 wildcards will sing on Sunday night and one of them will be voted into the live shows. That seems like a credible enough idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,560 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

There is rumours 4 wildcards return and 1 is voted in by the public or judges prefer the judge swap myself

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

Who did it last year?

Handsome Bob but he doesn't have time this year. I'd offer too but apart from hating Excel, I have a new(ish) baby so may not have the time to go through the thread each week to work out peoples results and update the spreadsheet.

Would the reigning champion be interested? :D

I wouldn't mind doing it but I'm not sure if I'd have the time every week. I'm good with Excel though. Maybe lizt and I could do it together or would that make things too confusing?

• Advertisement

I wouldn't mind doing it but I'm not sure if I'd have the time every week. I'm good with Excel though. Maybe lizt and I could do it together or would that make things too confusing?

Sounds grand no objections from me thanks ;)

Well I'll wait and see what lizt says :) She said she wouldn't mind setting it up so if she wants to do that, then I can be in charge of the spreadsheets or something!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

There was some showbiz reporter on Xpose on Monday and he said the twist is NOT wildcards and it's not Cheryl coming back.

He said something like it's the most exciting twist ever seen and will shock (or something to that effect).

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭coolabula

can someone explain something to me?
    how come last year they changed the overs from over 25 to over 28, was this just to accomadate Matt Cardle?
    did they not think he would win if he was classed as "old" or did they not want Louis getting his hands on him :D

no mention of it reverting back to normal this year, or have I missed something?

There was some showbiz reporter on Xpose on Monday and he said the twist is NOT wildcards and it's not Cheryl coming back.

He said something like it's the most exciting twist ever seen and will shock (or something to that effect).

Oh hopefully judge swap so

• Advertisement

coolabula wrote: »
    how come last year they changed the overs from over 25 to over 28, was this just to accomadate Matt Cardle?
    did they not think he would win if he was classed as "old" or did they not want Louis getting his hands on him :D

no mention of it reverting back to normal this year, or have I missed something?

Yes that was to accommodate Matt. It didn't really make a whole lot of sense to me when they did it. If they had left him in the over 28 group, Louis might have had a chance at winning but that doesn't seem to be allowed on Xfactor!

On the subject of predictions, are we better of waiting until the second week just in case another contestant is brought back? Or will it still work considering nobody can predict the wildcard in advance?

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭coolabula

egan2020 wrote: »
    Yes that was to accommodate Matt. It didn't really make a whole lot of sense to me when they did it. If they had left him in the over 28 group, Louis might have had a chance at winning but that doesn't seem to be allowed on Xfactor!

yeah i remember thinking that Louis had a shot of winning again last year but then it changed.
    Really hate all this talk of the show being rigged but stuff like this is hard to ignore.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

coolabula wrote: »

I assumed it was based on the amount of over whatever who got through. If only six people over the age of 28 made it through, you'd kind of have to drop it to 25 and like wise if 30 people over 25 got through but only 15 of them were over 28, you'd raise it to 28.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Livvie

Johnny is surely a reincarnation of Kenneth Williams.

I hope he does well. He seems very sweet natured.

James will get the shallow votes. If he performs as well as he looks he could walk it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

Has anyone seen what they have done to Janet? They have totally change her look. I loved her style ad think it was wrong for them to change her

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

Livvie wrote: »
    Johnny is surely a reincarnation of Kenneth Williams.

I hope he does well. He seems very sweet natured.

He reminds me of Paul O'Grady

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/x_factor/3853389/X-Factors-Craig-Colton-loses-a-stone-in-a-WEEK.html

Craig Colton has lost a stone in a week after X Factor mentor Gary Barlow put him on a strict diet :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Janet: annoying, affected singing voice (so unique :rolleyes:) incredibly false, a carbon copy of 'little' Diana from Blackburn. 'I prefer wearing no shoes it makes me feel more grounded', **** off. Put your shoes on.

Same pained expressions and mannerisms straight from the Andrea Corr school of acting the sausage.

Frankie: Weak singer, annoying and dresses like a 20 stone woman with poor taste in clothes. Nearly all the tops/vests he wears are meant to contain breasts.

That's enough for now. :cool:

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    wrote:
    Size 20 Sami Brookes, 31, revealed Louis told her NOT to trim down, adding: "People like me because I'm real."

:rolleyes:

I don't like her. She also needs to discover sleeves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

Livvie wrote: »
    James will get the shallow votes. If he performs as well as he looks he could walk it.

I have a feeling he won't last very long. However, Gary Barlow has mentioned a few times that he is more comfortable with a guitar so he might be a bit more interesting if he plays during the live shows.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/x_factor/3853389/X-Factors-Craig-Colton-loses-a-stone-in-a-WEEK.html

Craig Colton has lost a stone in a week after X Factor mentor Gary Barlow put him on a strict diet :eek:

Hmmm, Iit's almost as if Barlow is taking this show seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Well I'll wait and see what lizt says :) She said she wouldn't mind setting it up so if she wants to do that, then I can be in charge of the spreadsheets or something!

Sounds good!
    I've set up the thread here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=74773761#post74773761

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

I saw that but maybe these links contain the twist that will shock.

I don't know how to do spoilers so don't click on the link if you don't want to know, it may not be the twist but it's :D:D:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGKWz34way4&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQCxAx_7j5o&feature=share

• Registered Users Posts: 14,283 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

The-Rigger wrote: »
    wrote:
    Size 20 Sami Brookes, 31, revealed Louis told her NOT to trim down, adding: "People like me because I'm real."

I don't like her. She also needs to discover sleeves.[/Quote]

I like Sami but I hate when people say things like "I'm real" - what does that even mean? You're overweight so that means you're a real woman? Riiiight...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

leahyl wrote: »

I don't like her. She also needs to discover sleeves.

I like Sami but I hate when people say things like "I'm real" - what does that even mean? You're overweight so that means you're a real woman? Riiiight...[/QUOTE]

Ya, or when kelly told her 'You size Sexy'

No no... 'You Size 50'!

Did anyone see Xpose last night? Apparently Louis said that we will have to watch on Sunday night for the twist. That means that it's not wildcards. I'm thinking more and more that we're going to be voting one of the rejects in.

Doesn't seem fair on the contestants that have to perform this weekend and one or two of whom will be voted out of the contest. Then again, it's xfactor so fairness hardly comes into the equation.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I think there will be a "swap" of sorts and the two acts who go on Sunday will be replaced by a two that are voted back in by the public.

As long as its not Cheryl Cole in any way I won't have any issues with anybody :) or Simon fir that matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

ziedth wrote: »
    I think there will be a "swap" of sorts and the two acts who go on Sunday will be replaced by a two that are voted back in by the public.

As long as its not Cheryl Cole in any way I won't have any issues with anybody :) or Simon fir that matter.

Simon Cowell is what make this show watchable. It will go downhill without him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dee47

I agree with you ...I miss simon

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement