Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2011 (UK show)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

Simon Cowell is what make this show watchable. It will go downhill without him.

I would have agreed with this statement up until two or three years ago. The last two series were more about the judges, i.e. Simon and Cheryl and the public were getting sick of it and I've no doubt Simon Cowell realised this and hence the revamp of judges.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

egan2020 wrote: »
    I would have agreed with this statement up until two or three years ago. The last two series were more about the judges, i.e. Simon and Cheryl and the public were getting sick of it and I've no doubt Simon Cowell realised this and hence the revamp of judges.

Ditto, Simon was crap the past couple of years, especially last year. He just seemed so bored with the whole show. He lost credibility for me when he would praise acts who did terrible performances, just because he was trying to push the public to vote for them as he knew he could make money out of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Ditto, Simon was crap the past couple of years, especially last year. He just seemed so bored with the whole show. He lost credibility for me when he would praise acts who did terrible performances, just because he was trying to push the public to vote for them as he knew he could make money out of them.

This!!! I have either wised up in my old age or he has become plainly see through but the Cher Lyod shíte last year drove me nuts. I'm glad he's gone TBH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

How ye can say yer glad Simon is gone..but yet nothing said about Louis Walsh?????

come on

Simon and his brutally honest opinions def makes this show.
    Should have been Barlow replacing the clown walsh.

egan2020 wrote: »

The revamp of judges was because Danni moved on. Simon and Cheryl were planned to judge for Xfactor USA.
    USA is much bigger market and Simon was allways gonna play a part in xfactor usa ahead of the UK version.

Didnt see much difference in the show, as in how you put it 'more about the judges'? it was allways the same imo.

• Advertisement

How ye can say yer glad Simon is gone..but yet nothing said about Louis Walsh?????

come on

Simon and his brutally honest opinions def makes this show.
    Should have been Barlow replacing the clown walsh.

Simon hasn't been "brutally honest" in a couple of years. Last year he was sickeningly uncritical to most of the contestants during the live shows, I actually thought there was something wrong with my TV as he was definitely hearing something different to me! Even during the auditions last year he wasn't half as scathing as he used to be.

Again, I think he was just bored with the show. Whereas Louis lives for the X Factor, you can see how much he loves the show and how passionate he is about it, even if he makes questionable choices sometimes. So many times last year acts that weren't even in his category spoke out about what a good mentor he was. Cheryl's girls said he was a better mentor to them than Cheryl was!

Who else could have done what Louis did with Jedward and Wagner? He gets people talking about the show, he raises controversy...and he has a lot of fun while doing it!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Does anyone else really like One Direction's song? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Yes :o I've been driving around town singing it, looking like a mad woman!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

jaffa20 wrote: »
    Kitty looks like a tranny:eek:

She does :eek: I cant stand her, she is suppose to be the one everyone wants to see and what she will do with her mad behaviour. I dont find her entertaining I find her disturbing :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

oh thank god. :D:D i'm not the only one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

I'm guessing because of the "BIIIIIIG TWIST" we probably won't get a song list this week.

A list would usually be out by now, wouldn't they?

Was doing some creeping online and I found a very credible source for the twist this weekend. If it's true - Major spoiler!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

lizt wrote: »
    Was doing some creeping online and I found a very credible source for the twist this weekend. If it's true - Major spoiler!!

You wagon :D PMSL though

Justask wrote: »
    You wagon :D PMSL though

Couldn't resist! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

This is apparently the big twist :rolleyes:
    with FOUR of the finalists leaving in the first week! OMG! And what’s worse, it’ll be the JUDGES making the decisions, as the mentors are asked to pick their top acts in the category!

The judges delivered the news to the contestants earlier today, and told them that their future in the competition would be based on Saturday night’s performance alone!

Read more: http://xfactor.tellymix.co.uk/news/51176-x-factor-2011-big-twist-revealed-four-finalists-to-leave-in-first-week.html#ixzz1a2rb26Y2

If this is true it is a rubbish twist and boring.They said not something anyone would expect.That is something i would expect of the x factor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Why bother taking them through til now then? Ridiculous.

• Advertisement

caseyann wrote: »
    This is apparently the big twist :rolleyes:
    with FOUR of the finalists leaving in the first week! OMG! And what’s worse, it’ll be the JUDGES making the decisions, as the mentors are asked to pick their top acts in the category!

The judges delivered the news to the contestants earlier today, and told them that their future in the competition would be based on Saturday night’s performance alone!

Read more: http://xfactor.tellymix.co.uk/news/51176-x-factor-2011-big-twist-revealed-four-finalists-to-leave-in-first-week.html#ixzz1a2rb26Y2

If this is true it is a rubbish twist and boring.They said not something anyone would expect.That is something i would expect of the x factor.

Well that's going to mess up the prediction league :rolleyes:

edit. If that's true, I called it! My X factor prediction powers are back!!

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nommm

I am seriously not here for that twist. Ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭keps

Anyway - I've put a fiver on Craig at 16/1 to win:)

but my judgment might be suspect as I've also put a fiver on Terry Wogan to be the next Countdown compere:D

That twist is crap :mad: That means they'll be getting rid of at least two really good people who should be staying longer. We'll have to change the prediction league :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Ugh, what a terrible twist. The worst part is it's already fairly obvious who's going to be leaving.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Wait, so if that many are going tomorrow does that mean there won't be any double eliminations?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

My outlook for the competition;

Janet Devlin (bookies favourite) - Pretty good but cant see her winning it, might scrape the top 4 i think.
    Amelia Lily (2nd fav) - one of the strongest singers. Good for the top 3 i think. Not quite up to the standard of other winners though.
    Frankie Cock - Girls will love him, but thats about it. Reminds me of Lloyd 2 years ago. No chance of winning imo, voice aint strong enough.
    Misha Bryan - Strongest singer imo and my favourite to win (11/1 a great price), could get stronger with each round and a certain finalist i think.
    Sophie Habibis - Dark horse this girl, has talent in spades. I see her as the main danger to Misha.
    Marcus Collins/James Michael. Neither are quite there imo, might crack the top 6 but no further.
    The risk the best of the bands, semi finalists at best.
    The rest have no chance, Craig has serious talent but doesnt have the full package needed to win this.

Prediction;

Misha - Sophie - Amelia

A good first year for Kelly i think.

Whereas Louis lives for the X Factor, you can see how much he loves the show and how passionate he is about it, even if he makes questionable choices sometimes. So many times last year acts that weren't even in his category spoke out about what a good mentor he was. Cheryl's girls said he was a better mentor to them than Cheryl was!

Who else could have done what Louis did with Jedward and Wagner? He gets people talking about the show, he raises controversy...and he has a lot of fun while doing it!

This is actually laughable!
    Why do you think Louis never gets the massive reaction when people find out hes their mentor?
    He did what he did with jedward and wagner, because the public voted for them becuase they were so bad in their performances.
    Show me a quote where someone says louis walsh is a better mentor then any of the others?
    He constantly picks the wrong songs for his acts and puts them in the daftest senarios. This is why he allways gets the worst category. If he was such a good mentor he would have won it by now.I Dunno what your talking about tbh.

He also gives the worst comments when it comes to after the songs.

'Youve got the likeability factor'
    'I love your voice'
    'I think you could sell records'
    'I think you could be a popstar'
    'love it'

These lines and few others are all he can come out with.He has no real points to make. Actually really annoying at this stage.

Show me a quote where someone says louis walsh is a better mentor then any of the others?

Sure.

From http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1336321/Katie-Waissel-struggling-cope-X-Factor-death-threats.html#ixzz17QKsjHOx
    Katie added that she tried to turn to mentor Cheryl Cole for help, but felt the judge was too wrapped up in her own problems, so she instead asked Louis Walsh for help.

She said: 'Cheryl told me not to read the papers and she was nice but she had her own problems. This show has been tough for her.
    'Cheryl and I didn’t have long chats - she would just advise me not to read the papers and say she had had a hard time too. She’s very focused, which you have to be. I don’t have her mobile number so I don’t know if we will keep in touch. I admire her.

'But Louis was my absolute favourite. He gave me his mobile number and I’ll definitely keep in touch. He understood how awful it was for me to be painted in a way I could do nothing about.'

From http://xfactor.tellymix.co.uk/judges/22591-rebecca-ferguson-begs-louis-walsh-to-mentor-her-instead-of-cheryl.html

The source continued: “Rebecca turned to Louis as he has always been such a big fan of hers. He gave her some advice and helped her get her confidence back.
    “Louis would love to mentor her but it’s not in the rules.”

In an interview with Nicolo from a Closer magazine from last year he said:
    Louis eats with the contestants; hangs out. He's so nice! He's like your best friend slash Father Christmas."

(I don't have a link as it's not online but I posted about it here)

I disagree with you that the public voted for Jedward because they were so bad. Maybe to an extent it was like that last year with Wagner, but Louis has the capability of turning these underdog, novelty acts into something likeable that the public want to get behind and not necessarily as a "f*ck you" to Simon Cowell and the X Factor. I think he gets the worst category because he's the only one who'd be able to handle them tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

That better not be the twist. I have a nice amount of money put on Rythmix to go out first.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement