Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2011 (UK show)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

It is the twist, it was posted on the official X Factor FB page.

I still think that the public are going to vote in wildcards. I can't imagine them wanting to lose out on a whole weekend of public votes. I reckon 4 acts will go, but two will be voted back in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Sure.

From http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1336321/Katie-Waissel-struggling-cope-X-Factor-death-threats.html#ixzz17QKsjHOx

From http://xfactor.tellymix.co.uk/judges/22591-rebecca-ferguson-begs-louis-walsh-to-mentor-her-instead-of-cheryl.html

[/COLOR][/LEFT]

In an interview with Nicolo from a Closer magazine from last year he said:

(I don't have a link as it's not online but I posted about it here)

I disagree with you that the public voted for Jedward because they were so bad. Maybe to an extent it was like that last year with Wagner, but Louis has the capability of turning these underdog, novelty acts into something likeable that the public want to get behind and not necessarily as a "f*ck you" to Simon Cowell and the X Factor. I think he gets the worst category because he's the only one who'd be able to handle them tbh.

Dont think them sources or quotes are anything to go by to be honest.
    Kate didnt like C.Cole because she concentrated more on her other acts id say. Maybe they just clashed.
    The public definitly voted Jedward because they were so bad it was funny and entertaining.Like Wagner. (Louis couldnt even get Wagners name right ffs on the show!?) how is that good?!

How do you explain Louis putting the Chinease one through this year?He is a joke of a judge.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

As far as the prediction league goes, are we better off putting it on hold for a week? If four acts go this week, then I reckon it will be single eliminations each week until the end.

Dont think them sources or quotes are anything to go by to be honest.

Eh you asked me for quotes, I gave them to you. Apart from bringing these people to you and having them say it to your face, I can't do much more. I'm backing up my opinion properly!

Kate didnt like C.Cole because she concentrated more on her other acts id say. Maybe they just clashed.

Cheryl was a terrible judge, all the quotes I posted above have people criticising her judging. Mary Byrne and others came out and said the same last year (and no I'm not going to go looking for more quotes!)

The public definitly voted Jedward because they were so bad it was funny and entertaining.Like Wagner. (Louis couldnt even get Wagners name right ffs on the show!?) how is that good?!

Louis turned the public from hating Jedward to, by and large, loving them. They used to get booed every week and then towards the end the whole studio would be chanting "Jedward Jedward" and they'd be getting the biggest cheers. Louis knew what to do with them, sure he picked a Vanilla Ice song for them to do during Queen week and look how that turned out, they went on to record the song with Vanilla Ice! They're one of the most successful acts to ever have come out of X Factor and there's not a chance they would be where they are today without Louis.

As for getting Wagner's name wrong...I thought it was fairly obvious that that was just an ongoing joke...
    How do you explain Louis putting the Chinease one through this year?He is a joke of a judge.

I agree that Goldie shouldn't have got through but I think he was just hoping to have the same success and controversy as he had with Wagner. Sami is the best singer in his group but in fairness, there is no market for her, she's going to fade into oblivion when the show is over. Louis likes to get the acts that everyone will be talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

newballsplease you seem to just hate Louis Walsh for no apparent reason, did he do something to you? He's probably the most successful judge from the X Factor (Simon aside obviously) because he's savvy and knows how to market an act. He hasn't been in the business this long by luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,560 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The X Factor judges will each have to eliminate one of their own acts after the first live show this weekend, it has been revealed.

The surprise twist will see Gary Barlow, Tulisa Contostavlos, Kelly Rowland and Louis Walsh vote off one of the four artists in their respective categories on Sunday night, following Saturday night's performances.

There will consequently be no viewer vote for the first weekend, where the final 16 will become the final 12.

The judges informed the acts of the twist on Thursday, with Rowland telling the hopefuls: "We want you to put your best foot forward, make the decision hard for us and let us know why you need to stay."

Contostavlos assured the finalists that the judges' decisions will be based solely on Saturday's performances.

"Please understand all of you that none of us have made our decision," the N-Dubz singer said. "It's a clean slate and we are making our decision as if we have never seen you before."

Walsh added: "It's a level playing field - we want to see your passion, we want to see a star, it's all to play for."

Barlow explained: "We thought rather than wait until Saturday night we'll talk about the twist. This is the X Factor stage - it's one thing singing by the pool but it all changes here. This is where stars are born, like Leona. It's all going to feel very different on Saturday."

In this year's series, Barlow will oversee the Boys, Rowland will look after the Girls, Contostavlos has been given the Groups, and Walsh has landed the Overs.

He hasnt done anything to me, i just cant stand him!

Dont think him getting Wagners name was a joke? It was certainly rude if not anything else if it was.

Its a singing competition and he puts these clown acts through just for entertainment purposes...maybe thats good for the show i dont know.
    Louis didnt make Jedward- Jedward made themselves. As far as i can remember i thought they got the most Boo's off the crowd? Dunno where your getting they got cheers?

His opinions are meaningless...same comments ALL the time. I doesnt add anything valueable to it.
    Im sure all acts are gonna be listening to what Gary Barlow has to say way ahead of what he says.
    His constant bickering and bitching with Simon was like a child in a playground.

Him crying at Jades audition?? wtf was that about!? was it because Kelly cried also?!

The above quotes/'Sources' mean nothing and could be just a comment made by acts in a moment. Im sure Louis is the least favored mentor out of the whole show.
    No one wants him coz they know they wont win it with him.
    Why wouldnt Xfactor gie him the groups instaed of over 28s? Since he was so succesful with Boybands?

Was he mentor of JLS? i cant remember? Def not One Direction anyway.

Hes got lucky with Jedward because they appeal to the children. But they shouldnt ahve be on a TV for a recording contract to sing in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Paddy power better refund the bets is all I'm saying. I'm surprised they are giving up the revenue of a whole weeks voting.

I'm just after reading that Marcus was in the group Eton Road who came 5th in the third series (Leona's year)...I never knew this!

Edit: Actually just read further that he joined the group AFTER they were on X Factor :o Stupid Daily Mail!

eton-road.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

[QUOTE=ibarelycare;7480387 Eton Road

Who? :pac:

• Advertisement

Hes got lucky with Jedward because they appeal to the children. But they shouldnt ahve be on a TV for a recording contract to sing in fairness.

Is that a light or dark share of green :pac:

Those kids that they appeal to have made them rich boys and fair bloody play to them!

Justask wrote: »
    Is that a light or dark share of green :pac:

Those kids that they appeal to have made them rich boys and fair bloody play to them!

Im not dissing them?

Im not dissing them?

I am joking :pac: relax :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Hey people, the prediciton league is still going ahead, see the thread for further details. Remember you need to post your predictions BEFORE 7.30 tomorrow! Thanks and good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

lizt wrote: »
    Maybe the twist will be each category loses one act?

I AM PSYCHIC!! Bow to me, minions.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

lizt wrote: »
    I AM PSYCHIC!! Bow to me, minions.

I'm just going to wait for you to post your predictions each week and then copy and paste :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Thats a lame twist anyway. Was hoping for the judges being swapped around or something, you know, actually intresting. Gary getting stuck with Louis' lot would have been hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

A Judge who is getting screwed over with this twist is Kelly. She has 4 that could really make the top 6. The rest have 1 or or even 2 acts that could be cut handily enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    "Please understand all of you that none of us have made our decision," the N-Dubz singer said. "It's a clean slate and we are making our decision as if we have never seen you before."

liar-liar.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Really looking forward to this. Hope she will be singing on the show. http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/15179033

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Stacey.

jaffa20 wrote: »
    Really looking forward to this. Hope she will be singing on the show. http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/15179033

Is Rebecca even gonna be a guest on there?

I thought this week it was gonna be Matt Cardle and Cee Lo Green :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Stacey. wrote: »
    Is Rebecca even gonna be a guest on there?

I thought this week it was gonna be Matt Cardle and Cee Lo Green :confused:

She will probably be on in november when her single is out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Thats a lame twist anyway. Was hoping for the judges being swapped around or something, you know, actually intresting. Gary getting stuck with Louis' lot would have been hilarious.

he would walk away

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

Rumoured song list
    Amelia Lily – Who Knew by P!nk
    James Michael – A Drop in the Ocean by Ron Pope
    2 Shoes – Something Kinda Ooh – Girls Aloud
    Johnny Robinson – Believe – Cher
    The Risk – She Said by Plan B
    Kitty Brucknell – New York by Paloma Faith

kevin12345 wrote: »
    Rumoured song list
    Amelia Lily – Who Knew by P!nk
    James Michael – A Drop in the Ocean by Ron Pope
    2 Shoes – Something Kinda Ooh – Girls Aloud
    Johnny Robinson – Believe – Cher
    The Risk – She Said by Plan B
    Kitty Brucknell – New York by Paloma Faith
    Good song choice for The Risk. Don't know how Johnny will do with "Believe" D:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Mixed feelings about the song list, there. Tissues and Kitty are going to be unbearable, I reckon, the other bands will be very forgettable.

Johnny's and Two Shoes's songs seem like awful choices :/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Mixed feelings about the song list, there. Tissues and Kitty are going to be unbearable, I reckon, the other bands will be very forgettable.

I'm dreading Kitty but I do love 2 shoes :D the other bands do nothing at all for me totally forgettable!!

I think Johnny will be popular just because he's like the joke act of this year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Full list of songs just released by the official site:
    Nu Vibe – Beautiful People

Johnny Robinson – Believe (Cher)

Amelia Lily – Billie Jean

Janet Devlin – Fix You

Sami Brookes - Free

Craig Colton – Jar Of Hearts

Marcus Collins – Moves Like Jagger

Misha B – Rolling In The Deep

The Risk – She Said

2 Shoes – Something Kinda Ooh

Rhythmix – Superbass

Sophie Habibis – Teenage Dream

Frankie Cocozza – The A Team

James Michael – Ticket To Ride

Kitty Brucknell – Who Wants To Live Forever

Jonjo Kerr – You Really Got Me

I don't want to see
    Frankie
    sing tbh, I can imagine how hes going to sing it and I don't think I'll like it...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement