Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2011 (UK show)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

WatchWolf wrote: »
    Hate to be tardy to the party.

Is it just me, or is there hardly any memorable acts this year?

So far a terrible lot of the same old, same old blandness and hype.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Kitty Brucknell
    Johnny Robinson
    JonJo Kerr
    2 shoes
    Nu Vibe
    Rhythmix
    Amelia Lily
    Frankie Cocozza
    James Michael

For the love of God just get rid of all of the above and leave us with some talent.

Did anyone see that girl from Dublin that was on 'skype' on the xtra factor asking a question to the judges... my god she really wanted to show off her boobs!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

it happens every so often. this is the week year. the year (had to look up wiki, because i couldn't remember his name) leon jackson won, fairly shocking bunch, your man with the opera voice was lovely, but his attitude sucked.

any way, there's definite room for improvement.

but i'm backing janet,sami and james to be in the final

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭YumDeiseMum

Man, I want my 2 1/2 hours back......

All I can say is thank God for Sky+ and i only lost 1 1/2 hours of my life to that crap!

It has to be the worst opening night of the show's history. The only performance that stood out as being anyway good was Misha.

As for Kitty, the make up crew should be shot, I'm sure there were children all over the country screaming with fear and hiding behind their parents!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gulliver

What a load of crap.

When the Essex ones were singing, the blonde one took the mic away from her mouth and the harmony kept going.
    Mophead (Frankie) couldn't hit the high notes.
    Louis is out to sabotage his acts again.
    Diana Vickers has dyed her hair.
    There's a girl in one of the groups that freaks the hell out of me. The one with the teacosy head.

Waste of film and airtime really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭dee.

I hope Kitty, 2 Shoes, Mischa and James go tonight but I have a feeling it will be Amelia/Sophie, Nu Vibe, Marcus and Jonjo

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

My tuppence, that no one cares about: I absolutely hate Janet and Frankie, partly because everyone loves them so much despite neither of them having an ounce of talent.

I thought the best were Misha, Craig and The Risk; all three really impressed me. On the whole though, I thought the majority of the acts were a let down.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

brummytom wrote: »
    My tuppence, that no one cares about: I absolutely hate Janet and Frankie, partly because everyone loves them so much despite neither of them having an ounce of talent.
    If it helps everyone here absolutely hates Frankie and Janet has sort of split us down the middle. I'm with you though, pair of gombeens the both of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

phasers wrote: »
    If it helps everyone here absolutely hates Frankie and Janet has sort of split us down the middle. I'm with you though, pair of gombeens the both of them!
    I *breeeeeathe* hate *aaaaaaaaaaah* how *uuuuuuh* she has *ghhhhh* to breathe after every fcuking word. Yet everyone I know loves her.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I still think Kitty deserves more credit than she is getting. She was miles better than Johhny and Johnjo as well as several other acts on the night. She was far from the best of the night but she was also far from being the worst.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

brummytom wrote: »
    I *breeeeeathe* hate *aaaaaaaaaaah* how *uuuuuuh* she has *ghhhhh* to breathe after every fcuking word. Yet everyone I know loves her.
    And all her bleedin words run together! So that combined with the breathing makes her sound stupid. Someone here compared her to an 18 month old child learning to talk and it's so true!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

mystic86 wrote: »
    Kitty Brucknell
    Johnny Robinson
    JonJo Kerr
    2 shoes
    Nu Vibe
    Rhythmix
    Amelia Lily
    Frankie Cocozza
    James Michael

For the love of God just get rid of all of the above and leave us with some talent.

Did anyone see that girl from Dublin that was on 'skype' on the xtra factor asking a question to the judges... my god she really wanted to show off her boobs!

Ah now, tbf, Amelia Lily has a class voice! It's just she got a wrong choice of song and they ****ed her over big time with the cheap makeover. She looked so much better during her original audition :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

So the wife was sick last night so I just watched last nights episode and here is my round up (names might be spelt wrong but you'll get my point):

Frankee: shíte, I can't stand him. He's the second worst singer behind.......
    JohnJo: Terrible and I got the impression Louis was waiting to nail him for picking his own song.
    Craig: Seems decent, in with an outside chance
    Nu Vibe: I don't like them, they'll do ok though
    The Risk: seem good, another JLS but a bit better
    Johnny: trying to make him the new Wagner although I like him he doesn't deserve to be there.
    Kitty: Katie Weasle V1.1 not as annoying and a better singer though
    2 Shoes: I don't think they are that bad as people are saying but I think they'll go tonight
    Janet: making it hard for me as I usually route for anyone Irish but she's a spa and very overrated.
    Mischa B: Why aren't they saying her second name? Trying to hard to be different with her clothes, amazing singer though
    Amilella: I really like her but I think she'll go tonight.
    James: i like his voice but anyone who wears those bloody hats I automatically want to kick in the balls
    Sami: another Mary Byrne, top 6 if she's lucky. I like her.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I still think Kitty deserves more credit than she is getting. She was miles better than Johhny and Johnjo as well as several other acts on the night. She was far from the best of the night but she was also far from being the worst.

I thought she was awful, and that's not just cos I don't like her. She did that song a huge injustice, her voice was way too weak, she struggled with a lot of the big notes and was out of key a lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

ziedth wrote: »
    So the wife was sick last night so I just watched last nights episode and here is my round up (names might be spelt wrong but you'll get my point):

Frankee: shíte, I can't stand him. He's the second worst singer behind.......
    JohnJo: Terrible and I got the impression Louis was waiting to nail him for picking his own song.
    Craig: Seems decent, in with an outside chance
    Nu Vibe: I don't like them, they'll do ok though
    The Risk: seem good, another JLS but a bit better
    Johnny: trying to make him the new Wagner although I like him he doesn't deserve to be there.
    Kitty: Katie Weasle V1.1 not as annoying and a better singer though
    2 Shoes: I don't think they are that bad as people are saying but I think they'll go tonight
    Janet: making it hard for me as I usually route for anyone Irish but she's a spa and very overrated.
    Mischa B: Why aren't they saying her second name? Trying to hard to be different with her clothes, amazing singer though
    Amilella: I really like her but I think she'll go tonight.
    James: i like his voice but anyone who wears those bloody hats I automatically want to kick in the balls
    Sami: another Mary Byrne, top 6 if she's lucky. I like her.

no mention of sophie

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Wow, Sophie was good!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

no mention of sophie

Sorry I got distracted and forgot. I really like Sophie. I thought Jade got screwed last week but I think Lelly got it bang on.

Ah now, tbf, Amelia Lily has a class voice! It's just she got a wrong choice of song and they ****ed her over big time with the cheap makeover. She looked so much better during her original audition :(

Amelia will be gone tonight, has to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

William Hill have James as 1/7 favourite to be eliminated from the boys, while their other favourites to be eliminated are Sophie for the girls at 4/6, Two Shoes at 2/5 and Jonjo at 1/6. As expected really, however I think Amelia will go for the girls - she's quoted at 6/5.

cgpg5 wrote: »
    William Hill have James as 1/7 favourite to be eliminated from the boys, while their other favourites to be eliminated are Sophie for the girls at 4/6, Two Shoes at 2/5 and Jonjo at 1/6. As expected really, however I think Amelia will go for the girls - she's quoted at 6/5.

if sophie goes im not doing the show next week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

phasers wrote: »
    And all her bleedin words run together! So that combined with the breathing makes her sound stupid. Someone here compared her to an 18 month old child learning to talk and it's so true!

Thash wushmi.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭gfgfgf14

GIRLS
    Amelia:the worst girl last night,she was quite sharp in the chorus
    Janet:Beautiful voice,angelic and pure,buti have not warmed to her.
    Sophie:Loved her but fear producers will push kelly to push her off
    Mischa B:i love her musical style

BOYS
    Frankie:Crap,cant sing,and the way he breathes after every word so annoying.
    Micheal John:i hated his song choice he is going home even though he has a better voice then frankie
    Marcus:Can sing,dance,hunky,sweet...he has everything
    Craig:Class voice,i dont like his snarly faces though

OVERS
    Jonny:Just so annoying get rid of him quickly
    Johnjo:He looks sexy but he has no charisma and his song choice let him down
    Sammie: Loved her, she has to stay Sammie>>>>>Mary Byrne
    Kitty:Surprisingly loved her too.Her voice is like florence welch's on the brink of being awful and screechy but at the same time on the brink of brilliance...

Groups
    The Risk:The hunky boyband,loved their harmonies,swoon swoon swoon.
    Rhythmix:I liked them,hope to see them go far,tying for second place with the risk.
    2 Shoes: I like them they can sing and are funny.Keep em
    Nu Vibe:Stupid name,**** harmonies(very few harmonies to judge),Good looks cant save them,there aint much to look at imo.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

if sophie goes im not doing the show next week.

Did you stamp your foot when you typed that :p

gfgfgf14 wrote: »
    GIRLS

Sammie>>>>>Mary Byrne

Kitty:Surprisingly loved her too.Her voice is like florence welch's on the brink of being awful and screechy but at the same time on the brink of brilliance...

OMG

Justask wrote: »
    Did you stamp your foot when you typed that :p

the pain of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭gfgfgf14

mystic86 wrote: »
    OMG

What? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭beagle001

Frankie should go from the boys,he is cat.
    Girls U can't stand janet good voice but constantly moaning about her home town and belittleing it but Amelia should go.
    New vibe terrible should go.
    John jo from the overs send him back to the army.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭keps

there is always a funny liveblog in the guardian

a bit long - but worth reading

http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/tvandradioblog/2011/oct/08/x-factor-liveblog-first-live-show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Its such a pity what they did to Amelia :( If she had gone and done exactly what she did in her first audition, there wouldn't be any doubt she'd be through. She was barely recognisable from her first audition...she looks cheap. I'm expecting her to go tonight, but its such a pity, I would have liked to see her progress.

• Advertisement

whats all this crap about amelia and her first audition

her voicy then was also very shouty and tearing/jarring and she also wore stupid makeup

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement