Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2011 (UK show)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Really feel for James but don't think the X factor if the right show for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭dee.

Is he drunk or just upset....?

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭numbnutz

People standing there devastated and them talking about hugs eugh...
    have to agree with ye there cherub looks like it has dawned on a few of them that there in a meat market now

dee. wrote: »

Upset I'd say. He hasn't come across as the most articulate person but he seems really nice.

Justask wrote: »
    You want them to sing in put on American accents :confused: Thats worse

I think she means she'd rather them sing where the accent isn't forced and clearly identifiable. Many singers don't sound like they're half-talking when they sing, Frankie does...IMO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

leahyl wrote: »
    Has anyone noticed that apart from Frankie being a twat he also doesn't have a note in his head! Plus he sings with the same accent he speaks with - I hate when English singers do that - its all so forced IMO

No obv not but normally you don't sing with a strong English accent. Like I wouldn't sing with a strong Cork accent (at least I don't think I do!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

Awwww bless him he is brokenhearted. Let him leave the studio to see his family FFS

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Sounds weird!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

What the hell are they dressing Janet in? Are they purposely trying to make her not attractive and pretty anymore :mad:

Argh, my live stream keeps freezing. wrecking my head! I need a tv.

• Advertisement

Jade had a really strong Scottish accent but that didn't come through when she sang.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Wolflikeme

mr kr0nik wrote: »
    You'll probably they've been trademarked etc before the series started.

Yeah reckon you're right there. Which I makes it even worse! 'Band' name doesn't reflect anything about them whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

No obv not but normally you don't sing with a strong English accent. Like I wouldn't sing with a strong Cork accent (at least I don't think I do!)

Sorry I took you up wrong :o

Min wrote: »
    JLS were easily the best ever.

Forgot about them. Like I said... :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

I really detest Frankie and I'm slowly starting to dislike Misha, she's starting to seem a bit smug.

Caroline/Olly are so awkward when they ask questions, its like they don't think before they speak. I thought nothing was worse than Konnie but i'm beginning to think I was wrong.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Jonjoe still looks pissed!

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭LBD

G'wan Johnjo!!!

I thought Amelia's "makeover" was dreadful (or makeunder whichever way you look at it) I though she looked fierce before - they could have just toned down the eyeliner but left the blonde hair - she looks dreadful now - that pink hair does her no favours

Has anyone noticed that apart from Frankie being a twat he also doesn't have a note in his head! Plus he sings with the same accent he speaks with - I hate when English singers do that - its all so forced IMO

Not when you hear Alex Turner (and a few other bands I've been listening to lately) from the Artic Monkeys. Some of his solo stuff wounds incredible with his accent.

But yeah you're right with Frank C0CKozza. It just seems forced.

Edit: Disclaimer: I'm not comparing the two here!!!!

• Advertisement

He's right though, it's tough to leave when the public hasn't even had the chance to have their say.

Wow Frankie has quite small feet..maybe the saying about small feet/small manparts is true, considering he wears jeans like 5 sizes too small/tight.

Wolflikeme wrote: »

Not when you hear Alex Turner (and a few other bands I've been listening to lately) from the Artic Monkeys. Some of his solo stuff wounds incredible with his accent.

But yeah you're right with Frank C0CKozza. It just seems forced.

Edit: Disclaimer: I'm not comparing the two here!!!!

Ya maybe I wouldn't mind so much if he could actually sing and wasn't a d**k!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,865 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Ah people, people, people...

I'm reading all the outrage and shocked posts tonight and while I agree certain contestants have been robbed to keep in the "controversial" acts (Kitty, Johnny) it's all about the $$$ for Mr Cowell.

Everyone will be talking about "how Amelia was robbed" tomorrow, it'll be in the papers along with "JohnJo's tell all story" - all of which boosts the viewing figures and boosts the (advertising) revenue before the phone lines even open.

People are saying "Kitty will go next week" but sure do ye not remember the blatant fixing that went on last year to keep Katie and Cher in no matter what?! Almost every week Katie was in the bottom 2, yet SOMEHOW she managed to survive?! :rolleyes: The longer Kitty stays in, the more hype and press there'll be around it

Who I feel sorry for is the kids like Amelia who are too young to understand fully just how cynical and choreographed the entire X-Factor machine is and who end up crushed and heartbroken as a result. Over the last few years (since they added the whole arena auditions thing) it's become so predictable and false I'm surprised it hasn't been shut down by OFCOM (given that people do pay money to vote in this farce).

But everyone expressing their outrage here tonight will be watching next week regardless and as long as they do, sure why would Mr Cowell need to change anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭mr kr0nik

Wow Frankie has quite small feet..maybe the saying about small feet/small manparts is true, considering he wears jeans like 5 sizes too small/tight.

Haha - you said "manpart"

He seems like such a nice guy, easy on the eye too.

They must not be doing the group performances this year. No harm, they were always bad.

Kaiser2000 wrote: »

I'm reading all the outrage and shocked posts tonight and while I agree certain contestants have been robbed to keep in the "controversial" acts (Kitty, Johnny) it's all about the $$$ for Mr Cowell.

Everyone will be talking about "how Amelia was robbed" tomorrow, it'll be in the papers along with "JohnJo's tell all story" - all of which boosts the viewing figures and boosts the (advertising) revenue before the phone lines even open.

People are saying "Kitty will go next week" but sure do ye not remember the blatant fixing that went on last year to keep Katie and Cher in no matter what?! Almost every week Katie was in the bottom 2, yet SOMEHOW she managed to survive?! :rolleyes: The longer Kitty stays in, the more hype and press there'll be around it

Who I feel sorry for is the kids like Amelia who are too young to understand fully just how cynical and choreographed the entire X-Factor machine is and who end up crushed and heartbroken as a result. Over the last few years (since they added the whole arena auditions thing) it's become so predictable and false I'm surprised it hasn't been shut down by OFCOM (given that people do pay money to vote in this farce).

But everyone expressing their outrage here tonight will be watching next week regardless and as long as they do, sure why would Mr Cowell need to change anything?

Yep you're right there - we will all be watching next week :-P

mr kr0nik wrote: »
    Haha - you said "manpart"

I did..didn't know if it was appropriate to say
    d1ck
    on here :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭mr kr0nik

Kaiser2000 wrote: »

The only change Cowell will probably make is to increase the price of the premium rate lines.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement