Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2011 (UK show)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

dee. wrote: »
    Ah I sort of feel the same way in a sense but Amelia was amazing I think lots of people are gutted she got kicked off (assuming thats why you're furious..lol)

This is it. I'm raging and it's such a bloody fix. None of Kelly's or Gary's deserved to go, never mind somebody who had arguably one of the best chances of winning the whole bloody thing.

It's so obvious who the producers want in the final - Janet, Frankie, Kitty and Misha (I think, anyway). Now James and Amelia are gone which means that's one stop closer to happening.

Didn't like the vibe I was getting of Misha on the Xtra Factor tonight either. She was looking very smug knowing that one of the better singers was robbed.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

py2006 wrote: »
    Poor Matt playing small venues!

It's the beginning of the end...sniff

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

until next week my dears :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭dee.

"proper rock"....really Frankie? I don't think Matt Cardle is rock.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Till next week when I can start taking the pee again... LOL toodles...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭dee.

closing down the window with the live stream now, don't want to listen to Matts whinging voice again. See you all next weekend folks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

K looks like everyone is heading off! Until we meet again buh bye!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Wolflikeme

dee. wrote: »
    "proper rock"....really Frankie? I don't think Matt Cardle is rock.

Oh Christ on a fcuking bike! He actually said that!?! I missed it!

There is nothing 'rock' about Frankie. He dresses in accordance to what he thinks he should wear given the music he likes. That's not rock. That's not even pop. It's called being a tw@t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Wolflikeme

Well if everyone else is going I'm going too!! :D

Have a good week all.

P.S. Barlow just beat Frankies numbers on Twitter! 152,000+

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Not gonna lie, I was happy enough to see Amelia go. It isn't that I disliked her, but in my opinion and based on last nights performances, she was the weakest of the girls.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Night night people, I look forward to another two nights of bitching next week! :P

leahyl wrote: »
    Did Louis actually say that??! Wast he praising them last night?!

It was Louis Spence. Sorry should have mentioned that!!

Exactly an hour after he announced his twitter:

capture2dk.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

andyman wrote: »
    This is it. I'm raging and it's such a bloody fix. None of Kelly's or Gary's deserved to go, never mind somebody who had arguably one of the best chances of winning the whole bloody thing.

It's so obvious who the producers want in the final - Janet, Frankie, Kitty and Misha (I think, anyway). Now James and Amelia are gone which means that's one stop closer to happening.

Didn't like the vibe I was getting of Misha on the Xtra Factor tonight either. She was looking very smug knowing that one of the better singers was robbed.

I'm not going to play the 'fix' card, but I tell you, no one from Gary or Kelly's groups deserved to be sent home tonight.

Amelia could have gone all the way to the finals and although Sophie has a nice voice, I don't think she has the range to win. I'm gutted for Amelia.

Absolutely rubbish twist this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

andyman wrote: »
    Looks like someone has some sort of vendetta against Amelia.

Anyone with half a brain can see she's one of the best in the competition. Mary Byrne used to shout, Amelia's voice is powerful. There's a massive difference.

and off amelia goes, making me 30 euro in the process

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Stupid decisions all round tonight. That girl group (no idea what their name is... the one with the really ugly one who's an awful singer) should have gone. And Janet, and Frankie, and Kitty loonytunes.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I'm not going to play the 'fix' card, but I tell you, no one from Gary or Kelly's groups deserved to be sent home tonight.

Amelia could have gone all the way to the finals and although Sophie has a nice voice, I don't think she has the range to win. I'm gutted for Amelia.

Absolutely rubbish twist this year.

The problem with Amelia is that she looks and sounds like a Christina Aguilera tribute act. She's great especially taking into account her age but doesn't distinguish herself.

The problem with Amelia is that she looks and sounds like a Christina Aguilera tribute act. She's great especially taking into account her age but doesn't distinguish herself.

One of my friends recently said something to me and it's so true. For acts to have the long lasting factor after the X factor, they need to have a certain niche. Leona has in that she doesn't really belt out her songs but she has an amazing voice, hard to describe. JLS have it in that they are they only young more urban pop sound "boy band".

Leon didn't have it, Joe didn't have it.

Amelia doesn't have it yet BUT she's still young and have time to find her niche.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Howya's folks. Reports of my death have been exxagerated (unfortunately). I've been on an 11 month long Die Hard binge. I've been watching Xfactor for the last while. Nobody impresses me. There's no Olly Murs-esque act that I can get behind. Still have to make up my mind. Amelia's alright but not quite doing it for me.

Also those judges do nothing for me. 'cept Tulisa. she's quite good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

You see, I disagree with that in so far as I thought she was far more distinguishable than Sophie, who has a very pleasant voice, but whose appeal is more limited.

I could see Amelia having a successful career in the vein of someone like Kelly Clarkson or Pink, whereas I'm not sure who Sophie could be marketed at.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭BQQ

Blessing in disguise for Amelia.

The further you go, the more you get tainted by association with the x-factor brand. And the less control you have on your career.
    Only worth it if you win. Whoever goes to the end, but doesn't win - that's who I'll feel sorry for.

Amelia has a chance now to finish school, come back in a few years with her own style and hopefully x-factor will just be some embarrassing thing she did as a teenager.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Terrible first show. No great performances at all. Misha, Marcus and Sami were ok but compared to the others they were excellent.

So who's going home then? I'm too late for the predictions thread but having seen the show tonight I'd say:

Girls: Amelia (even though she can sing, that was a bad song choice)
    Boys: James (worst of the night for me)
    Overs: Jonjo (Louis will keep Johnny for the novelty value)
    Groups: 2 Shoes (Tulisa hopefully has more sense than Louis and will get rid of the obvious no-hopers)

Heh, got 4 out of 4 then. Feel a little bad for Amelia but the rest are no loss.
    Might not bother watching next week tbh; there was no-one at all who grabbed me last night. I may look up the odd performance on youtube but that's about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

You see, I disagree with that in so far as I thought she was far more distinguishable than Sophie, who has a very pleasant voice, but whose appeal is more limited.

I could see Amelia having a successful career in the vein of someone like Kelly Clarkson or Pink, whereas I'm not sure who Sophie could be marketed at.

I think she would be fine once she found her level, look at Alexandra Burke, she went for it twice and won on the 2nd try, and she did not really have a market before the live shows.

BQQ wrote: »
    Blessing in disguise for Amelia.

The further you go, the more you get tainted by association with the x-factor brand. And the less control you have on your career.
    Only worth it if you win. Whoever goes to the end, but doesn't win - that's who I'll feel sorry for.

Amelia has a chance now to finish school, come back in a few years with her own style and hopefully x-factor will just be some embarrassing thing she did as a teenager.

There have been a couple of acts whom came second or 3rd and did ok,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Amelia should not have went :mad: for feck sake, i can't even remember your wan's name, let alone her 1st audition. seriously forgettable. so pissed right now.

i liked 2 shoes, but i get why tulisa chose them to go home, don't think any one wants to see a baby pop out on stage during a performance, she didn't look 6 months pregnant though.

louis made the right call, i have a feeling johnny is in for a while.

i'm pissed at gary for letting go of james. :mad: james was a decent singer and he plays guitar, i'm trying to see what gary sees in frankie, but haven't got a clue, and will some one get the boy a pair of pants that fit him please. :rolleyes:

and what have they done with matt cardle?? i feel some one strangling his voice and holding it back. gah

btw, any one diss louis spence, they'll have to answer to me. he's adorable

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    Amelia should not have went :mad: for feck sake, i can't even remember your wan's name, let alone her 1st audition. seriously forgettable. so pissed right now.

i liked 2 shoes, but i get why tulisa chose them to go home, don't think any one wants to see a baby pop out on stage during a performance, she didn't look 6 months pregnant though.

louis made the right call, i have a feeling johnny is in for a while.

i'm pissed at gary for letting go of james. :mad: james was a decent singer and he plays guitar, i'm trying to see what gary sees in frankie, but haven't got a clue, and will some one get the boy a pair of pants that fit him please. :rolleyes:

and what have they done with matt cardle?? i feel some one strangling his voice and holding it back. gah

btw, any one diss louis spence, they'll have to answer to me. he's adorable

im not liking your tone at the end of your post, but I know not to mess with you so I will say nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Ms. Chanandler Bong

In a moment of inspiration, worthy of an X-Factor producers' meeting, I've realised what the twist should have been. They could have kept their stupid quadruple elimination _&_ made some money from Joe Public by announcing the four on Saturday night & then asking us to vote for one to save!!! 'Twould have been totally heartless & completely cruel but-BUT- we wouldn't have this travesty where a potentially brilliant singer goes home.

Unfortunately I'm not an X-Factor producer :( Even "In These Recessionary Times", I'm not sure I'd want the job...

catreyn wrote: »
    In a moment of inspiration, worthy of an X-Factor producers' meeting, I've realised what the twist should have been. They could have kept their stupid quadruple elimination _&_ made some money from Joe Public by announcing the four on Saturday night & then asking us to vote for one to save!!! 'Twould have been totally heartless & completely cruel but-BUT- we wouldn't have this travesty where a potentially brilliant singer goes home.

Unfortunately I'm not an X-Factor producer :( Even "In These Recessionary Times", I'm not sure I'd want the job...

I thought of that too but it wouldn't have given the judges enough time to decide. We might have had a repeat of the TreyC/ Katie situation when Cheryl refused to vote.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

im not liking your tone at the end of your post, but I know not to mess with you so I will say nothing.

lol i'm a little lamb really

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement