Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2011 (UK show)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,516 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Frankie "Cocky" Cocozza should have gone last night :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Wolflikeme

catreyn wrote: »
    In a moment of inspiration, worthy of an X-Factor producers' meeting, I've realised what the twist should have been. They could have kept their stupid quadruple elimination _&_ made some money from Joe Public by announcing the four on Saturday night & then asking us to vote for one to save!!! 'Twould have been totally heartless & completely cruel but-BUT- we wouldn't have this travesty where a potentially brilliant singer goes home.

Unfortunately I'm not an X-Factor producer :( Even "In These Recessionary Times", I'm not sure I'd want the job...

Hopefully that'll be next weeks twist!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Plates

Has Craig Colton got a secret weapon - a Jar of Farts?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=lWYr4j7q0ME#t=186s

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Ms. Chanandler Bong

Anyone on Twitter? @KatieBrokenail @FrankieCockozza @KatieWeasel are all floating around with their two cents' worth. Katie nearly made me spill my tea laughing last night "Louis: Ceelo you're like an old Paije Richardson!" lol

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Ms. Chanandler Bong

lizt wrote: »
    catreyn wrote: »
    In a moment of inspiration, worthy of an X-Factor producers' meeting, I've realised what the twist should have been. They could have kept their stupid quadruple elimination _&_ made some money from Joe Public by announcing the four on Saturday night & then asking us to vote for one to save!!! 'Twould have been totally heartless & completely cruel but-BUT- we wouldn't have this travesty where a potentially brilliant singer goes home.

Unfortunately I'm not an X-Factor producer :( Even "In These Recessionary Times", I'm not sure I'd want the job...

I thought of that too but it wouldn't have given the judges enough time to decide. We might have had a repeat of the TreyC/ Katie situation when Cheryl refused to vote.
    I'd like to think our four judges this year are aware of what their job title & responsibilities are. Unfortunately what happened last night means I take leave to doubt that. You're probably right...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Ameila would have allways got the Christina Aguielro comparisons if they hadnt changed her image. Shes 16..plenty time to come back.
    Theres nothing special about Sophie though either so it was a tough call. Id say it was Amelias age that could have been the decideing factor.

James was poor Sat night covering the beatles song. Looked really out of his dept.
    Im pretty sure if Frankie didnt have the Long hair or tattoos he wouldnt have made the live show. Its just the fact that he 'looks like a pop star' thats getting him through. They see him as a it of a robbie williams. I presume they think the young girls will love him?! this seen him make it ahead of james.

2shoes-right decision.

johnjo-right decision.

Craig Colton was 16/1 to win the show before saturday night. Hes now 13/2 so not Too much of a drop. But my moneys on him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭mariaf24

Hi everyone...i used to post here all the time last year but don't have the time anymore, have a wee baby girl now who keeps me busy :)

But i still watch it of course lol! Briefly....

Gutted that James went and don't think Amelia deserved to go first either..
    I think Janet will win the competition but she's very 'the same' for me...

I really can't stand Tulisa :mad: Im sorry but she's a total ch*v. I cringed when she did that arm salute. She is turning into a clone of cheryl. I wasnt a fan of cheryl but at least she was original and seemed a little more genuine. Tulisa seemed so fake last night when she was 'crying' :rolleyes: Also, who is she t give advice on singing? Have ye heard her sing? It's laughable...painful...at best she is a poser beside 2 rappers...

Havent read any posts her but will have a look through now, maybe ye are all huge Tulisa fans and i've just become the enemy lol
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

Ohhh gos..... app Johnny's mum left him when he was 3 and turned up at the show on Saturday nite :eek: Hasn't had any contact for all those year and then to just to turn up.... BAD FORM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

I'm missing Emmerdale reading all this gossip :rolleyes:

Ok so Amelia says shes NOT dating Frankie.
    App everyone is sick of Kitty in the house :D
    There has been drugs found in the X Factor house
    Ratings dropped by 1 million, the ad breaks are to blame for this.

I'll be back with more :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Justask wrote: »
    I'm missing Emmerdale reading all this gossip :rolleyes:

Ok so Amelia says shes NOT dating Frankie.
    App everyone is sick of Kitty in the house :D
    There has been drugs found in the X Factor house
    Ratings dropped by 1 million, the ad breaks are to blame for this.

I'll be back with more :P

wouldnt be surprised... the ad breaks along with some of the ****e acts would make ya wrecked!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Craig Colton was 16/1 to win the show before saturday night. Hes now 13/2 so not Too much of a drop. But my moneys on him.

Actually, it's a huge move - 16/1 to 6.5/1

And Craig has moved into 6/1 according to this ...

http://news.ladbrokes.com/en-gb/x-factor/money-comes-for-misha-craig-and-the-risk-in-the-x-factor-betting_078762.html
    Craig was the stand-out act among the boys and proved that he should not have been the early favourite to be the first boy to exit the show.
    He is now 6/1 from 16/1 to win the X Factor, the shortest price of the three remaining boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

Hi all . I was wondering is there an x factor app fir the iPhone and if irs in the uk app store can I get it . This is for the wife so if I can sort this for her it would be great. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Hi all . I was wondering is there an x factor app fir the iPhone and if irs in the uk app store can I get it . This is for the wife so if I can sort this for her it would be great. Thanks

Hi - i just checked my iphone there and it doesn't seem to be available in Ireland - there is an xfactor app though (see link)

http://iphone.qualityindex.com/news/18102/the-official-x-factor-uk-iphone-app-available-to-download

Janet was Kelly's other choice for to be sent home at the weekend according to Eoin on Xpose yesterday it was very close between her and Amelia :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Stacey.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Janet was Kelly's other choice for to be sent home at the weekend according to Eoin on Xpose yesterday it was very close between her and Amelia :eek:

She couldn't have sent Janet home, she was the performance of the night D:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Skid wrote: »
    Actually, it's a huge move - 16/1 to 6.5/1

And Craig has moved into 6/1 according to this ...

http://news.ladbrokes.com/en-gb/x-factor/money-comes-for-misha-craig-and-the-risk-in-the-x-factor-betting_078762.html

Yep a huge move indeed. The Risk's price has tumbled too, as has Misha B's. I backed her at 11/1 at the start, she's now 4/1 :p

Amelia went from 4/1 to 9/1 based on Saturdays performance before she was eliminated so its not a huge shock that she was thrown out.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Just caught the end of the show yesterday on 3e.

FFS how boring. Seems X-factor producers think flashy lighting effects and tense music = tension and excitement.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Stacey. wrote: »
    She couldn't have sent Janet home, she was the performance of the night D:
    LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Janet is a real marmite character. If you go onto digital spy you will see that for as many supporters as she has, she has as many haters.

I personally don't think she will win, I think she will start to grate on people soon like Diana Vickers did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

If Kelly really said that, then it's nothing but a ploy to get Janet's supporters behind her. I don't believe for one second that she considered sending Janet home over Amelia.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭mactheknife19

If I was Kelly I'd have eliminated Janet and stuck her on the first flight to the US before anyone noticed. With the right songs she would be airplay gold in America like the Cranberries were. The Americans would have lapped her up with the accent and red hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

Janet is a real marmite character. If you go onto digital spy you will see that for as many supporters as she has, she has as many haters.

I personally don't think she will win, I think she will start to grate on people soon like Diana Vickers did.

That's the wife's opinion as well and I have to say I agree

Thanks to leahyl for the info on the app

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

The opinions on DS and on this thread usually seem to be quite similar, but Sophie's leading their poll for favourite act? Whut?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

caseyann wrote: »
    What the hell are they dressing Janet in? Are they purposely trying to make her not attractive and pretty anymore :mad:

Lads, have missed the last couple of shows, but what;s going on with Janet's hair :eek: why has it been dyed?? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭dominiquecruz

Just watched this; thought it was hilarious, and good to see some of their personalities outside the show.. an interview with the contestants prior to the live show on Saturday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭dominiquecruz

And yes, I know I have too much time on my hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Stacey.

phasers wrote: »
    LOL

Truth.

The X Factor finalists will record a cover of Rose Royce's 1978 hit 'Wishing on a Star' for this year's charity single.

All 16 acts to reach the Live Shows of the ITV1 singing competition will appear on the track, which will be released next month. All proceeds from the song will benefit ACT & Children's Hospices UK.

"I've seen the amazing work they do for kids and their families who need help and support," said X Factor creator Simon Cowell.

"I am thrilled that the X Factor charity single this year will benefit this charity."

Meanwhile, finalist Kitty Brucknell also expressed her excitement for the project, saying: "It's incredible to be able to give something back and hopefully help a lot of people."

Frankie Cocozza added: "[It's a] brilliant thing to be doing for a brilliant charity."

'Wishing on a Star' will serve as the fourth charity single release by X Factor finalists. It follows last year's successful cover of David Bowie's 'Heroes' and 2009's chart-topping version of Michael Jackson's 'You Are Not Alone'.

ACT and Children's Hospices spokesperson Barbara Gelb said: "The money raised from this single gives us the opportunity to improve the lives of these children and families.

"Every single bought, either online or through the High Street, will make such a difference."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

flutegirl wrote: »
    Lads, have missed the last couple of shows, but what;s going on with Janet's hair :eek: why has it been dyed?? :confused:

They all had a 'makeover' :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement