Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2011 (UK show)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭coffeepls

Arghhh! ads
    I want a sofa.... I wonder how much a sofa will be... where should I go??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

F*ck this! Im recording it and fast forwarding these blood ads later....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭dee.

I'm actually almost looking forward to Johnny at this point because everyone so far has been boring and I know he'll probably come out and do something a bit more exciting (although annoying)

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Stacey.

Basq wrote: »
    "G-Father"?

It's so ghetto :"(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

phasers wrote: »
    G-Father.

Seems like she wasn't close to her Granddad, she doesn't look particularly sad...

What... Were u waiting for her to break down on stage. Brilliant.

I thought she handeled herself excellently. No sobbing for the sympathy vote

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭ambid

dee. wrote: »
    Why does she fake an English accent during her songs?
    Wolflikeme wrote: »
    NO! NO! NO! Janet shut up!! You cannot sing that song!

I hate that fcuking fake 'Oirish' accent she puts into songs...

'Oi can't help...' Shut it!

So she has a fake English accent and a fake Irish accent at the same time :confused:

A 16 year old Irish kid is doing great despite losing a close relative this week. I don't understand why you feel the need to try to ridicule her.

Actually I don't know why I waste my time reading such ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭mr kr0nik

Scratch the fish. I was some club orange

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    Jasus lads most of ye should audition as judges for next year because like the judges most of the time your views are shíte.. :confused:

So because we don't all agree with you about Janet our views are sh1te? Lol, please.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 24 emshogan

lizt wrote: »
    In fairness we saw her for a total of 5 minutes, people deal with grief in different ways and she probably wants to just get through the performance.

if she was looking sad an emotional they'd all be giving out about her looking for the sympathy vote!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Wolflikeme

py2006 wrote: »
    wow, I don't get the haters for Janet on here!!

Typical, cynical begrudging Irishness!

I hate when people use 'Irish begrudgery' as an argument. She's boring. Yes she has a decent voice, but nothing else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

I can not believe that nothing was put down yet tonight, compared to xfactor USA it is britains got talent. or even opportunity knocks

• Registered Users Posts: 43,897 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I want a pizza and / or sun holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

I actually like Janet, she's my second favourite after Sophie. Good performance tonight imo

ambid wrote: »
    So she has a fake English accent and a fake Irish accent at the same time :confused:

A 16 year old Irish kid is doing great despite losing a close relative this week. I don't understand why you feel the need to try to ridicule her.

When shes singing, she puts on an accent, very Ellie-goulding ish. Certain words sound like a very strong English accent and others don't. I don't think anyone can deny that unless they have a hearing problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Typical people blaming "begrudgery" when people don't like something Irish. Just because something is Irish, doesn't mean we have to like it!

Listen every year has the odd one or two acts that rub people up the wrong way. She has a nice voice but I'm just not getting the rest of the act that comes with it

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

emshogan wrote: »
    lizt wrote: »
    In fairness we saw her for a total of 5 minutes, people deal with grief in different ways and she probably wants to just get through the performance.

if she was looking sad an emotional they'd all be giving out about her looking for the sympathy vote!

Exacly. No matter what she does from now on she will be critised for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

It's the X factor,I might not like them this week but I could love them next week.
    It all depends on the song, I like Janet, she is my fav at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Oh for god's sake, all the other contestants are fair game but if you express any negative opinion towards Janet it's 'typical begrudging Irishness'

Her nationality, or mine, has nothing to do with it, I just don't like how affected her singing voice is, and many others have said the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Wolflikeme wrote: »
    I hate when people use 'Irish begrudgery' as an argument. She's boring. Yes she has a decent voice, but nothing else.

Plenty of recording artists don't even have a decent voice.

Also she quite cute too to be fair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    Jasus lads most of ye should audition as judges for next year because like the judges most of the time your views are shíte.. :confused:

Nobody's forcing you to sit and read our shíte opinions, are they? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭coffeepls

Basq wrote: »
    I want a pizza and / or sun holiday.
    Would you settle for a WII?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I loved Janet. I thought she was very graceful. She sang and that was it. It was about the performance. She didn't look for sympathy at all, and I respect that. She is 16 years old. 16! No way in hell could I have done that at her age.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,897 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Loathe this semen-stain.!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Fcuk off Frankie

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

hondasam wrote: »
    stop don't be so hard on her over here granddad death, she is doing the show and she is right to do it.
    How is that hard on her?

I wasn't close to my grandparents either, I barely knew them. I don't understand why what I said was bad, she just didn't seem as upset as the producers tried to make out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Wolflikeme

Actually I don't know why I waste my time reading such ****e.

Was I ridiculing her? I think I was ridiculing her performance and the way she sings. Hardly personal.

Sponsored by Loreal.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Another FF to hate...

...Fcuking Frankie!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

If ever I knew for sure I was my father's son it was our reaction hearing Frankie's name.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement