Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2011 (UK show)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Biggins wrote: »
    Probably couln't afford Cowells prices and/or it would be held to more stricter BBC inner corporation regulations?

Have BBC got stricter corporation regulations?Biggins always in the know :D Surely to god they can afford to pay more than TV3 :eek:

I thought George was mad and then the girl comes out to have a go aswell lunatics.But the booing and comment from Gary seriously isnt needed.If you try make **** of someone sometimes they will have a go back.I would :p

Oh yeah kitty everyone commented in the house on her Janine butcher twin factor.I noticed someone said that already lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Am a bit late to the thread.

Loved Janet, the poor little thing was shaking.

Not keen of the N-Dubz judge... she's rough as f*ck :D

Barlow was good, even if he does think he is Cowell.

Kelly is a bit of a hoot - quite like her :)

Louis - same old sh*t with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

lizt wrote: »
    jesus, gary barlow has the charisma of a pencil.

He can direct his lead towards me anytime;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

i think its his graphite your looking for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Duuurty :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

Is it just me or is Louis after putting all his weight back on again? He was heavy, but in the past two or so years he was noticeably thinner... now it seems he's back to being his chubby self again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

Is it just me or is Louis after putting all his weight back on again? He was heavy, but in the past two or so years he was noticeably thinner... now it seems he's back to being his chubby self again.

that id be the botox heees yousin, its all the rage.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,281 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

At least so far all the judges seem to mix and chat with each other no more Simon and Cheryl side show

Gary Barlow has aged very well like fine wine total hottie :p

• Registered Users Posts: 43,881 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I don't get the Janet Devlin thing at all.. I'm getting an air of Diana Vickers off her to be honest (not from her performance tonight, but her other YT videos).

And good to see The X Factor spin-doctors in work - she admits being very shy and timid and only playing and recording music in private. Yet she has a YouTube Channel with what looks like a professional shot as a profile picture, 10 videos of her singing various covers and over 164,000 views of her videos (how many before this evening I have no idea?).

From the few snippets of covers i've listened to on her YT channel, she goes from carbon copy of the original to really meek.

Don't know... maybe I'm jaded.. but while she was very good, I didn't see anything particularly special about her "Ellie Goulding carbon copy" of 'Your Song'.

All in all, I reckon it was a really entertaining first show!
    Really like Kelly, as someone else earlier said, she reminds me of Dannii - and could be even better. I like Gary as well, think he had a few good one-liners :D Honestly, people say he's trying to copy Simon being witty, but if he wasn't saying anything ye would be complaining too, so he can't really win can he!?
    Tulisa seems cool, felt sorry for her when that little knack started on her at the end.
    As for Louis...he did not impress me being the first to put the Chinese dancer one through...the point please?

• Advertisement

Basq wrote: »
    I don't get the Janet Devlin thing at all.. I'm getting an air of Diana Vickers off her to be honest (not from her performance tonight, but her other YT videos).

And good to see The X Factor spin-doctors in work - she admits being very shy and timid and only playing and recording music in private. Yet she has a YouTube Channel with what looks like a professional shot as a profile picture, 10 videos of her singing various covers and over 164,000 views of her videos (how many before this evening I have no idea?).

From the few snippets of covers i've listened to on her YT channel, she goes from carbon copy of the original to really meek.

Don't know... maybe I'm jaded.. but while she was very good, I didn't see anything particularly special about her "Ellie Goulding carbon copy" of 'Your Song'.

She is only sixteen.Her voice is amazing brought a tear to my eyes.I cant wait to see her perform again.She also plays guitar so she is talented.
    Unlike that goldie one.

I actually thought he looked really well!

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

I agree. She wasn't bad but the performance certainly didnt' deserve a standing ovation like she received.

I usually judge acts by the "goosebump factor" and none of the acts did that tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,881 ✭✭✭✭Basq

caseyann wrote: »
    She is only sixteen.Her voice is amazing brought a tear to my eyes.I cant wait to see her perform again.She also plays guitar so she is talented.
    Unlike that goldie one.
    I think she's very good.. but can't say I was blown away by her.

Age has absolutely nothing to do with it.. wish people would stop bringing up the tired "she's only X years old" - in recent years, both Cher Lloyd and Diana Vickers were around her age when they were on 'The X Factor' so it's hardly new.

Let's do a comparison... look at Gamu from last year - she was probably 17 or 18 and absolutely blew me away. Amazing voice (autotune aside! :D) and stunning presence:

egan2020 wrote: »
    I agree. She wasn't bad but the performance certainly didnt' deserve a standing ovation like she received.

I usually judge acts by the "goosebump factor" and none of the acts did that tonight.
    Couldn't have said it better myself..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

She was my pick to win it last year but other thing Katie made it through instead :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Missed the show tonight coz of other events </3
    But I looked at the audition for the Irish girl on Youtube and she's fantastic :o

Hope she gets through to the live finals so we'll have our little Irish hopeful to cheer for as well as a novelty act (and possibly a hot boyband :P)!

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭StinkySocs

OMG! Gary looked HOT!!! Thought he was great. Thought I wasn't going to like Kelly or the other one, but I thought they were really good!
    Louis....well...ya know!

I know this wont go down to well but...i kinda like the "cheeky chappie".
    HATED kitty...o she was uber annoying...sitting on the edge of the stage...tart! But i was well impressed with Kelly, she marked her card straight away...good woman! Ya liked the Irish girl, had a little tear in my eye ooo
    Goldie was shocking. The triple trouble guy was fantastic, and Dermot was so manly, ooo Ddddeeeerrrrmmmmooo yum yum :D

The xtra factor was good too, loved Olly, didn't really like Caroline.
    was hoping the girl that loved Olly would get in...she was way better than goldie.
    Thought the bouncer and the last fella were really good!

Can't wait for next week wooo!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭NinjaNikki

livinsane wrote: »
    Nice voice but a complete copy of Ellie Goulding version. She even pronounced some words with an English accent.

if you watch her stuff on Youtube you will see she sings with there accent or there voice in other words she is a copy of everything that is out there already we have one of her already out there i thought xfactor is to find something different not what we can already download from itunes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

NinjaNikki wrote: »
    if you watch her stuff on Youtube you will see she sings with there accent or there voice in other words she is a copy of everything that is out there already we have one of her already out there i thought xfactor is to find something different not what we can already download from itunes.

You're watching the wrong show so. :pac:

I think she's very good.. but can't say I was blown away by her.

Age has absolutely nothing to do with it.. wish people would stop bringing up the tired "she's only X years old" - in recent years, both Cher Lloyd and Diana Vickers were around her age when they were on 'The X Factor' so it's hardly new.

Let's do a comparison... look at Gamu from last year - she was probably 17 or 18 and absolutely blew me away. Amazing voice (autotune aside! :D) and stunning presence:

Nah she didnt do anything for me,guess its all in the taste we just happen to have different taste.Janet for me brought tears to my eyes and has the amazing presence that gamu hadnt got as far as effect wise on me goes.So for me she is amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Just after watching the full thing, I can't really decide if I liked it or not!

I liked the Northern Irish girl, she has a good voice but she will have to create her own niche to succeed both in the X factor and afterwards as a solo artist.

Not sure about the chemistry between the judges, we didn't really see much banter or anything. Also, Louis was in the middle of the sexual assault controversy during the auditions so it's hard to know if this affected him or not.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Paparazzo wrote: »
    Would be nice to see Holly and her boobs back though
    O' Absolutely! wow.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Biggins wrote: »
    O' Absolutely! wow.gif
    Am I after going back in time to 2004 or am I really seeing linked smiley gifs in a forum????:pac:

Did you really pay for those smilies?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Am I after going back in time to 2004 or am I really seeing linked smiley gifs in a forum????:pac:

Did you really pay for those smilies?

they are free

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

jimmynokia wrote: »
    they are free
    Just looking at the site they are linking from and you have to pay to get them...

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Didn't get to post in here last night, must catch up on it all later!

Wasn't too impressed with the first episode. WAY too much filler and not enough auditions! There was only one memorable singer (the girl from Tyrone...amazing!).

Verdict on the new judges...I'm liking the girls so far. Kelly's beautiful, I'd say she could be a bit too nice though. I think Tulisa will be good, she's honest and feisty. Not sure at all about Gary. I'll reserve judgment until I see more of him, but I've a feeling I'm not going to be too keen on him. At least he's nice to look at!

I loved the girl from Tyrone's voice. There was just something about it .. something that really struck out at me, which is rare to happen on the X Factor. Will be interesting to see how she develops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

That Irish girl is a carbon copy of Ellie Goulding. Sounds EXACTLY like her, similar image, everything.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

caseyann wrote: »
    Unlike that goldie one.

"That goldie one" has loads of talent. She also plays, writes her own material, and didn't need to appear on the X Factor to get signed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement