Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2011 (UK show)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

"That goldie one" has loads of talent. She also plays, writes her own material, and didn't need to appear on the X Factor to get signed.

Are you sure you're thinking of the same person? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,881 ✭✭✭✭Basq

"That goldie one" has loads of talent. She also plays, writes her own material, and didn't need to appear on the X Factor to get signed.
    Namlub wrote: »
    Are you sure you're thinking of the same person? :confused:
    Yeah.. methinks Da Shins Kelly is thinking of someone completely different.

This is "that goldie one" just to clarify:

golide-cheung.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Hmmm raging I missed the Xtra Factor now that I've read through the thread. Hopefully it's on TV3's website so I can watch it during the week.

Auditions were much better when they were just in a small room with the judges. The auditions used to be the best part of the show, now they're so boring. Roll on bootcamp!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Basq wrote: »
    Yeah.. methinks Da Shins Kelly is thinking of someone completely different.

This is "that goldie one" just to clarify:

golide-cheung.jpg

My bad!! Sorry, I thought the other person was talking about Ellie Goulding! This person is worse than the Irish girl, true dat.

Apologies.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I amn't a fan of X-Factor its fairly watchable but it seems to me they are looking for madness the guy who came back to apologies is just a story made up for the tabloids. Is it scripted?
    That Irish girl is a carbon copy of Ellie Goulding. Sounds EXACTLY like her, similar image, everything.

And just as annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

I haven't read through this thread but I presume people recognise the similarities between Janet and Diana Vickers?

Her voice and demeanor are very similar. Diana voice struggled with the live shows and I think Janet might too.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaliforniaDream

Just watched Janet's audition.
    It's good but not amazing. She was quite flat in places and was a bit boring to listen to.
    I'd be surprised if she went far because of her voice. Best of luck to her though. Much worse singers out there making millions.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I have to admit, I liked the first show of the new series, the new panel seemed to click.

Unreal that its back on tv already, but I like how the X Factor reminds me of the build up to Christmas.

Its not the same watching it online, I'm working in Canada at the moment, but at the rate this thread moves I'm glad I don't watch it live,lol.

Can anyone tell me is there a chance to get the list of songs that featured on the X Factor last night? Not the songs the audtionees sang but the songs that featured in the background?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

That Kitty one had to be on drugs.

lockie1983 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me is there a chance to get the list of songs that featured on the X Factor last night? Not the songs the audtionees sang but the songs that featured in the background?

It's bad when they have to cover up the "talent" with recorded artists. But in fairness the amount intros on X Factor is phenomenal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Elmo wrote: »
    I amn't a fan of X-Factor its fairly watchable but it seems to me they are looking for madness the guy who came back to apologies is just a story made up for the tabloids. Is it scripted?

Yes, everyone has to go thru prelim auditions which makes the whole thing evern more stupid..they make sure the really vulnerbale and the really stupid people go through to face the judges. Cruel.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Elmo wrote: »

Yes, everyone has to go thru prelim auditions which makes the whole thing evern more stupid..they make sure the really vulnerbale and the really stupid people go through to face the judges. Cruel.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,281 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Quite a few from Geordie Shore at the auditions :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 EMUx

god, anyone can get thru if that goldie one does!! i liked that janet girl had lovely distinct voice for someone so young and was very modest about it. Id say she will get far into the show! That girl who sat on the stage was bit much good voice but very overly confident!

I understand that but I feel that this guy who got angry might have known what he needed to do on stage, and perhaps he was paid for his stupidity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dymo

They have people who are called preferred auditions who get to bypass and all the prelims and get straight to the judges on the stage. Of course these have nearly all been spotted at some other time at different auditions , from last years show or are up and coming singers. Jedward were spotted a while before their audition and became preferred auditionees. Simon Cowell knew all about them before their audition.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

I'm one of the "missus makes me watch it" brigade so I'd like to offer my 2 cents worth on these X-Factor proceedings.

Firstly, have children, then you've something to bathe & put to sleep by 8:30pm.
    This allows you to kill time & let the Sky+ to get well ahead.
    This way is much better than an hour long Domino's Pizza Advert.
    Put beer/wine in freezer before kids bath time so everything is icy nice.
    Take remote control from wife as she's no good at fast forwarding during adverts with over shoots/under shoots.

Now for the show itself.
    The new panel are good & work well together, Barlow looks a bit daft sitting sideways onto the desk but we can ignore that.
    This new Tulip girl is a revelation, Cheryl who ?, memory banished in one show.
    As has been said they should avoid stuffing the main show with weirdos as they did this week.
    I felt a bit sorry for the Irish girl cause she was obviously over-hyped, maybe the talent is a bit worryingly thin this year.
    You'll hear that vocal on some phone company advert in 2 years time with balls rolling down a hill.
    I thought the nutjob who sang Lady Gaga was a better vocalist.
    My missus thought that the Xtra Factor was actually a better show, that new female presenter was pleasing on the eye.

Anyway, tune in next week for the part 2 of "I should be watching the premiership but...... ".

Dymo wrote: »
    They have people who are called preferred auditions who get to bypass and all the prelims and get straight to the judges on the stage. Of course these have nearly all been spotted at some other time at different auditions , from last years show or are up and coming singers. Jedward were spotted a while before their audition and became preferred auditionees. Simon Cowell knew all about them before their audition.

Again I understand that, I just have a feeling that some of the performers have been told to act in a certain way to grab headlines. How many headlines can one show have AND how many "leaks".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Rabidlamb wrote: »
    ...My missus thought that the Xtra Factor was actually a better show, that new female presenter was pleasing on the eye.
    It was - she was. :)

Louis Walsh will reportedly be assisted by Sinitta at the Judges' Houses stage of this year's X Factor.

The Irish music manager has allegedly been told by producers that he must work alongside the 'So Macho' singer, who famously served as a co-mentor to departed judge Simon Cowell in all seven previous series.

"It's all a bit embarrassing for Louis as he was hoping to get someone he's quite close to," a source told The Sun. "He gets on well with Sinitta and they are friendly but - no offence to her - he'd much rather have one of his pals.

"Unless he changes the producers' minds, he'll just have to go along with it. But he's running out of time as there are just a few days to go."

Walsh is rumoured to be taking his X Factor category to a residence in Barcelona. Former judge Sharon Osbourne had been mooted to serve as his co-mentor for a second successive year.

Sinitta claimed back in August that she was in line for a "powerful" position on The X Factor this year.

The X Factor continues next Saturday on ITV1.

Watch Sinitta debut her infamous banana leaves outfit on The X Factor 2009 below:

Source

Jesus Christ, I wish Sinitta would f*ck off into obscurity where she belongs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,909 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

I was really hoping Simon would have taken that clown with him :(

I'm guessing Barlow will have Robbie or possibly Mark Owen at the judges houses.

Kelly will probably go big and have Beyonce...then again would she really want someone who will upstage her?

Tulisa...who knows?

I was really hoping Simon would have taken that clown with him :(

I'm guessing Barlow will have Robbie or possibly Mark Owen at the judges houses.

Kelly will probably go big and have Beyonce...then again would she really want someone who will upstage her?

Tulisa...who knows?

I'd be surprised if Kelly got Beyonce. Possibly yer other one from Destiny's Child...Michelle whatsherface.

I hoped Louis would have Sharon again. I don't like Sharon Osbourne but I love seeing her and Louis together like a pair of cackling hens.

Garlow could have any of the TT guys really. For pure rawr factor I'd love Howard or Jason *rubs thighs like a dirty old man*

I wouldn't be surprised if Tulisa had Cheryl...apparently they're quite friendly. I can't imagine her having either of her bandmates. Especially after reading this:
    © WENN

N-Dubz rapper Fazer has criticised The X Factor for giving contestants instant success.

The 24-year-old, whose fellow band member Tulisa Contostavlos appears as a judge on Simon Cowell's competition, told The Mirror that working to make N-Dubz a success had given the group "credibility".

"My problem with X Factor is that you come in as a nobody and then the next day you sell over a million records and you haven't necessarily done any of the work to go with it," Fazer complained. "It's weird. We worked 12 years to get to where we are.

"Heartbreaks, broken promises, ups and down - tears and smiles. You name it, it has happened. It has made us the people we are and any credibility that comes with it."

Despite his criticism, Fazer admitted that N-Dubz could have used the format if they had not become successful.

"We might have tried that way instead. It gives people the chance to get on stage in front of a live audience and important industry people and get people to hear their sound," he said. "Also, there wouldn't be people like JLS and there wouldn't be no Leona either."

• Registered Users Posts: 86,281 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Kelly is suppose to have Usher, Gary has Robbie and Tulisa has Tinie Tempah and Lulu wants someone from JLS or Westlife but Simon wants him to use Sinitta

• Registered Users Posts: 17,909 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Kelly is suppose to have Usher, Gary has Robbie and Tulisa has Tinie Tempah and Lulu wants someone from JLS or Westlife but Simon wants him to use Sinitta

...Interesting.

I really hope the Sinitta thing is fake though :mad:

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Oh yeah actually, I did hear about Tinie Tempah. Simon is a big fan of his apparently.

Just after watching Xtra Factor and it was MUCH better than the main show. The more I see of Tulisa and Kelly, the more I'm warming to them. I look forward to seeing how they'll all behave when they're competing with each other.

Caroline and Olly did a great job with the show. You could tell Olly was a bit nervous but he's definitely a natural. At times I thought they were trying too hard but I think once they settle in they'll be very comfortable doing it, and they've good chemistry.

Happy to say I'm not missing the old judges at all! This year it'll be more about the contestants than the judges for a change!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

I checked out Janets youtube,some of the comments are bordering on hysterics of fan base she has accumulated from one audition lol.People telling her they are in love with her and asking her to marry them :D
    Like her even more after seeing her songs there,goosebumps from her voice.
    I read this in news the tweets she is getting.
    Wayne Rooney was among the first, tweeting: ‘Wow what a voice. Not many people can sing that song that well. Amazing.’
    DJ Sara Cox said: ‘She’s so cute & sweet. She’s like a human cupcake.’
    And Lily Allen said: ‘Janet !!!!!!!!!’, before adding later: ‘I love her.’
    Other fans included Sir Philip Green’s daughter, Chloe, who tweeted: ‘JanetDevlin U are amazing!!!!!!!!!’
    And footballer Rio Ferdinand said: ‘This Irish girl has pure *star* quality . . . Well she is 1 of the finalists this year on #xfactor, she just don’t know it yet!!’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2028411/X-Factor-2011-auditions-Janet-Devlin-secret-YouTube-sensation.html#ixzz1VsyieUCi
    I am not sold on the judges yet but i will see how i feel in next weeks.
    I was also listening to a girl from kilkenny, who has a wow voice and she auditioned and didnt get through.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,478 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Well I must say that I was very underwhelmed by that first episode.
    No real standout auditions and I feel they over-milked that Janet Devlin girl's performance. She was quite weak when she started out but got better as she went through the song.
    Dare I say it but she sounds like a cross between that Diana one from a few years ago and Ellie Goulding.
    I certainly don't see a winner coming from last weekend's crop.

As for the judges .... not too bad at all. Looks like Gary is going to be the "nasty" judge and Tulip was quite good.
    I enjoyed Kelly Rowland and Louis was Louis.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 lightningga

For a first a first episode with a new judging panel it was pretty entertaining...some funny comments...but do wish the auditions were not open though, I much prefered the closed auditions...

Good, bad or ugly, this saturday I got the feeling that I get every year when XFactors returns - that pretty much up till Christmas the rest of my Saturday night's tv viewing will be spent watching, cringing and judging the x factor contestants and panel!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

I am looking forward to this Saturday.

Get ready for another Irish X Factor hit -- 'crazy' Laura
    Laura had such a crazy performance, and even crazier supporters.

"During her audition one fan believed in her so much that she ended up on her knees in front of Gary Barlow," the source revealed.

The insider added that the aspiring singer, who is a part of Irish band The Firm, was forced to sing for the judges a second time in order to get their casting vote to let her through to the next round.
    sold straight, but Gary wasn't too impressed. In a dramatic chain of events whic
    "Most of the judges loved Laura. Louis and Kelly were h you will see this Saturday, Laura was forced to sing again, as requested by Tulisa."
    http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/tv-radio/get-ready-for-another-irish-x-factor-hit-crazy-laura-2856194.html

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement