Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2011 (UK show)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

py2006 wrote: »
    Have to say, I love Jedward. They are so funny!

They are enjoying themselves and never let the haters get to them.

Have you read about their show OMG? They are doing more for people then most celeb. After saying that dont think I could go to their concert though :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Justask wrote: »
    Have you read about their show OMG? They are doing more for people then most celeb. After saying that dont think I could go to their concert though :p

Given that they have feck all talent really, they are doing exceptionally well! :pac:

Fair play to them is all I can say! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Wolflikeme

Jaysus, Sarah going on about Craig's man cleavage and being disgusted by it (not in so many words but she motioned it!).

Do they think they won't see this!?

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭nisior

God Kitty had to be in front of the camera when she gets emotional.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

John - "I think Sophies' going home because her dress wasn't short enough"

:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭nisior

I think their hormones are finally kicking in. One of the was h_mping the poor woman on the couch earlier on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

nisior wrote: »
    God Kitty had to be in front of the camera when she gets emotional.
    Its bad enough when she's on stage!

They are a handful. You never know what they will come out with! LOL :pac:

NOO the 'I know...Pikachu' Hilarious :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Have to say guys that I was not very impressed with the show tonight!

The best tonight were once again Misha B and the Risk, everyone else is just so meh!

XFactor USA is where it's at! Some incredible acts on this!

But I will of course continue to watch XFactor UK - I've started so.....they've reeled me in!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭The Liquidator

On reflection, I thought the best tonight were Kitty, Sophie and The Risk.

Craig and Janet weren't as good as last week but comfortable and popular enough that they should be safe.

Personally, my bottom two would be Nu Vibe and Frankie. Don't really care who goes from these two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

I have to say, that girl band Rhythmix is really, surprisingly good.

edit: And the Risk too. Class.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

Tulisa is the best judge this year imo, she's proper fit too! :D Gary really pisses me off the way he criticised, his talents are poop anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭keps

Do we know yet whether there is a single or multiple eviction 2night?

Last year the producers organised the double evictions on weekends when they wanted to 'get their man' and knew the way the voting had gone - eg Wagner

So I would not be surprised if they are keeping an eye on the votes before declaring their hand on the eviction policy each week?

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

keps wrote: »
    Do we know yet whether there is a single or multiple eviction 2night?

Last year the producers organised the double evictions on weekends when they wanted to 'get their man' and knew the way the voting had gone - eg Wagner

So I would not be surprised if they are keeping an eye on the votes before declaring their hand on the eviction policy each week?

It's a single elimination. They have always said by Sat night at the latest if it's a double, if there's no mention of it then it's a single.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,172 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Notorioux wrote: »
    Tulisa is the best judge this year imo, she's proper fit too! :D Gary really pisses me off the way he criticised, his talents are poop anyway.

Gary is pissing me off a good bit too, trying too hard to fit into the Simon Cowell role, I don't mind a person being honest with their criticism, but not when they can't be honest with their own acts.

Take Frankie for example, he had a bad night last night, I know Gary is going to stick up for him being his mentor and that is understandable, but he has given Frankie too much praise to try and brainwash the voters, when really deep down gary knows he shouldn't have even been in his final 4.

Have to say I don't like Kitty because of her personality, but she pulled a great performance out of the bag last night and was the best of the night for me.

It's a single elimination. They have always said by Sat night at the latest if it's a double, if there's no mention of it then it's a single.

It's just that Betfair have always had a ' 1st (etc) elimination bet each week when they were sure there was only going to be 1 elimination .

But they haven't got an elimination bet for this weekend :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

Before I start, this is not aimed at everyone who dislikes Janet, because some of you have common sense and decency.

After reading some of the posts last night, some of you should be ashamed of yourselves. Every year there's posts I read that make me think about punching my computer, but some of the comments about Janet last night were disgusting and slanderous. To those who were saying that she's using the sob story to help in X-Factor, how ****ing dare you. Who are you to suggest this is the case? Other boards ban users for such statements without any foundation because it's slander, why does everyone on this board seem to get away with it?

To suggest using your grandfathers passing as a means to get further in the competition is one of the most bitter, disgusting things I've ever heard and it sums up those who have too much of a hatred for a 16 year old girl in a nutshell. They seem to see everything bad about her and will throw all sorts of accusations out there. I'm not the biggest Janet fan either because I find her to be another gimmick of X-Factor, but I think she is genuine.

Someone said she didn't look remotely upset last night, some people deal with grief in different ways. For all we know, she could have gone backstage and bawled her eyes out.

Will never get over those comments last night. I hope none of you go on a reality TV show, experience a close family member dying and certain sections of the public turning on you like that. Disgraceful, and thank God there are people in this thread that see just how idiotic you all are.

I complained last night about Janet's voice - and her wierd pronunciation of lyrics.

agree that the death of her Grandad should be off limits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

I complained last night about Janet's voice - and her wierd pronunciation of lyrics.

agree that the death of her Grandad should be off limits

That's absolutely fine, because you're commenting on her performence, not questioning (or falsely stating) her motives for a sob story in the long run.

andyman wrote: »
    Before I start, this is not aimed at everyone who dislikes Janet, because some of you have common sense and decency.

After reading some of the posts last night, some of you should be ashamed of yourselves. Every year there's posts I read that make me think about punching my computer, but some of the comments about Janet last night were disgusting and slanderous. To those who were saying that she's using the sob story to help in X-Factor, how ****ing dare you. Who are you to suggest this is the case? Other boards ban users for such statements without any foundation because it's slander,

Eh relax you should really seek help if forum posts make you feel so angry.

Janet has put heself in the public spotlight and she is going to get hell of a lot worst said about her then what was said here last night. I agree that she did the right thing to sing and it's what her granddad would have wanted. But no one said anything THAT bad, did they :confused:
    What was posted last night were peoples opinions and that we are all entilited to.

• Advertisement

After reading some of the posts last night, some of you should be ashamed of yourselves. Every year there's posts I read that make me think about punching my computer, but some of the comments about Janet last night were disgusting and slanderous. To those who were saying that she's using the sob story to help in X-Factor, how ****ing dare you. Who are you to suggest this is the case? Other boards ban users for such statements without any foundation because it's slander, why does everyone on this board seem to get away with it?

To suggest using your grandfathers passing as a means to get further in the competition is one of the most bitter, disgusting things I've ever heard and it sums up those who have too much of a hatred for a 16 year old girl in a nutshell. They seem to see everything bad about her and will throw all sorts of accusations out there. I'm not the biggest Janet fan either because I find her to be another gimmick of X-Factor, but I think she is genuine.

Someone said she didn't look remotely upset last night, some people deal with grief in different ways. For all we know, she could have gone backstage and bawled her eyes out.

Will never get over those comments last night. I hope none of you go on a reality TV show, experience a close family member dying and certain sections of the public turning on you like that. Disgraceful, and thank God there are people in this thread that see just how idiotic you all are.

Please quote one comment that said Janet "used the sob story to help XFactor"

I think you'll find it was the show itself and the producers most of us were bitching about.

Anyway the betting on PaddyPower and others covering the elimoination has
    NU-VIBE as RED HOT favourites to go on 1st elimination.

Personally given the history of girl bands - I'm thinking of putting a bet on Rhythmix to go at 12/1

:)

Speaking of betting :D

what's the odds Gary will be wearing a lowish:):) cut V neck Tshirt tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Wolflikeme

Personally given the history of girl bands - I'm thinking of putting a bet on Rhythmix to go at 12/1

That is very tempting! But my gut says nu vibe are dead certs!

I thought Rhythmiz were one of the best..I think/hope that they have broken the girls group curse

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Rhythmix did okay considering some of the other acts. I reckon they'll last another few weeks before getting eliminated.

Nu Vibe and Frankie are my guesses for bottom two tonight with Nu Vibe going home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Just curious - criticisms have been levelled at every contestant on the show, year after year, especially the ones with sob stories the producers exploit (because pretty much everyone acknowledged that they're the ones who are responsible). Why is just the comments towards Janet which are "slanderous"?

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Rhythmix did okay considering some of the other acts. I reckon they'll last another few weeks before getting eliminated.

Nu Vibe and Frankie are my guesses for bottom two tonight with Nu Vibe going home.

While there are hormonal teen girls with too much phone credit and a picture of his arse on the wall, Frankie isn't going anywhere near the bottom 2 for a while.

If I am wrong please present me with a lovely hat to eat. :pac:

While there are hormonal teen girls with too much phone credit and a picture of his arse on the wall, Frankie isn't going anywhere near the bottom 2 for a while.

If I am wrong please present me with a lovely hat to eat. :pac:

I was supprisd to see the comments on my sons facebook about Frankie :eek:
    The teenage girls adore him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nommm

Kitty was fabulous last night. She's turning into one of my favourites.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement