Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2011 (UK show)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

It doesn't sound like Kelly is "meddling" to me, it sounds like she wants the best for every act, regardless of whether they're in her category or not.

It's almost as if she's putting the contestants first, what a ****. eek.gif

You're missing the point. There can't be unlimited amount of managers going around ad hoc. Too many cooks spoil the broth. There are supposed to be enough choreographers and make-up/fashion artists for the contestants. Maybe the lack of them is what Simon "exploded" over. However Kelly can't go around the place acting like it's her playpen. She's not in her show or with Destiny's Child anymore.

It's doesn't matter if she means well, she is not supposed to. At the end of the day, just like in a football team, there is meant to be one manager. I don't like it one bit.

As for her behaviour on the live show... she is usually fine, but to tell Louis not to ever use the word "swagger" again and then agreeing with him.... was pretty shocking I thought. Maybe she herself doesn't know what the word swagger means but I would never tell anyone not to use a word again or be so disrespectful to someone who has vastly more experience in doing this job than she does.

Kelly Rowland's fame comes mainly from Destiny's Child and from working with Beyonce. She's in no way a superstar or artistic genius in her own right IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭keps

by the way Frankie is acting - I would say he has a major habit - and maybe not getting as much of the needed substance in rehearsals/ house as he needs.

also it is very sad to see a father living out his pathetic dreams through the antics of a misguided son

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Theme for this week is Motown and RnB.

Will be interesting for Janet, Frankie, Johnny.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

lizt wrote: »
    Theme for this week is Motown and RnB.

Will be interesting for Janet, Frankie, Johnny.

Well if they would use Oh So Quiet for Love and Heartbreak week, I reckon an Elle Goulding song wouldn't be out of place in Motown/R&B in X Factor World

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

A bit of Nat King Cole would be nice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

Hopefully Louis will let Johnny sing something decent and not be a spectacle as this type of song would suit him..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Frankie gonna get found out big time with this IMO. What little talent he does have I can't see being used in the theme If I believed that the x-factor "producers" try to fix the outcome of the show I would say that they are hanging him out to dry. My guess is he got very very few votes this weekend and want him gone.

anyone else think the format is flawed on the show? I always felt it would be way better if there was a kind of draft and each judge got to pick one act from each of the boys,girls,groups,overs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

Well if they would use Oh So Quiet for Love and Heartbreak week, I reckon an Elle Goulding song wouldn't be out of place in Motown/R&B in X Factor World

are you joking ellie is no where near classed as motown or r n b hahahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

TBF they had U2 as part of big band week once. I also seem to remember Louis getting away with Vanilla ice as part of Queen week.

The most amazing thing about Frankie is that he seems to have Gary B totally besotted.

Gary has been around the block and should know a bum note from a totooed bum

Frankie has charm - but it's way past its sell by date now.

But you watch his performance next week - it will be a very safe - let's get out of the bottom 2 song

Isn't is just great to see Gary cringe:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

the thing that really annoys me about Frankie is his false modesty. He's always saying "I just don't know if I've done enough" but he comes across as so cocky.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaliforniaDream

He's a disgrace. Here is him intentionally posing for the photograph after the X Factor:

article-2049830-0E65941000000578-800_468x692.jpg

You think Frankie stole his Dads hair...?

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

R'n'B is an extremely broad genre, none of the acts should struggle finding a song to suit them. If it was just motown, that would be a different story, but r'n'b has never really been out of the charts in the past 30 years, there are millions of songs to choose from.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

A V A wrote: »

are you joking ellie is no where near classed as motown or r n b hahahahaha

...Exactly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

As for her behaviour on the live show... she is usually fine, but to tell Louis not to ever use the word "swagger" again and then agreeing with him.... was pretty shocking I thought. Maybe she herself doesn't know what the word swagger means but I would never tell anyone not to use a word again or be so disrespectful to someone who has vastly more experience in doing this job than she does.

Kelly Rowland's fame comes mainly from Destiny's Child and from working with Beyonce. She's in no way a superstar or artistic genius in her own right IMO.

She is a far bigger superstar then Louis Walsh

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

She is a far bigger superstar then Louis Walsh

I wouldn't consider her a massive superstar. Destinys Child were successful but will hardly go down as one of the one of the best groups ever formed. She has been nowhere nearly as successful as Beyonce. When I think of Kelly Rowland in her own right all that comes to mind are that song she did with Nelly and a couple of dance tunes with David Guetta and the credit for the latter I believe should go to David Guetta.

Louis Walsh on the other hand can take a lot of the credit for Boyzone and Westlife and especially Jedward. I loved Jedward in the live shows (entertainment factor) but I never believed Louis Walsh when he used to say every week that children will love them. I believed that once xfactor ended that year that we would never hear from them again but instead of that, we got Jedward mania :D

So as regards mentoring acts, I think Louis Walsh does a good job. Like Cheryl Cole, Kelly got the most talented singers in her group so her job is made easier right from the start. Louis always gets the biggest challenge and IMO generally does a really good job with what he's got.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,483 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Kelly has had a better solo career in the UK than the US

I dont like the fact she jumps on Lulu everytime he says something bad about Gary's acts she is more defensive for Gary and his acts that her own

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

lizt wrote: »
    the thing that really annoys me about Frankie is his false modesty. He's always saying "I just don't know if I've done enough" but he comes across as so cocky.

Not cocky, CHEEKY CHAPPY!!!!

Even if it's RnB week or whatever it means nothing, they just have to take a song from that genre. Which Frankie will do and then sing it with his usual accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

ziedth wrote: »
    anyone else think the format is flawed on the show? I always felt it would be way better if there was a kind of draft and each judge got to pick one act from each of the boys,girls,groups,overs.
    I was thinking the same but different if that makes sense. I have no problem with the groupings but I think the first two or three weeks of live shows should be the finalists picking their own songs instead of being forced into something that they may not be comfortable in. Nu Vibe are crap but lets pretend that they were really good at another genre and got eliminated before getting to show people that they were actually good.

The auditions stage I dont think is enough as everyone is nervous as hell. If they got to pick their own songs for the first few weeks then they could show the public what they are good at instead of how they are being forced into one particular style that may not suit them. It would also give the judges an idea of what they work well with instead of the current hit and hope that some use to decide songs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Anyone know where the results last year were from? Someone had a breakdown each week of the votes for each act.

Are M&S providing all the clothes this year?

I not keen on the styling but I am looking for one item worn by a contestant on last week's show where do I find this out?

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Luis21

Frankie cant sing. He's kept in because blokes hate him and girls fancy him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Guests singing this Sunday: Bruno Mars, Kelly Clarkson and Professor Green.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

http://xfactor.itv.com/2011/fashion/

I was looking here and M&S is plastered all over the place so they must be providing the outfits this year (except Mischa's and Johnny's I'd wager :pac:)

Actually I was looking at the slideshow and they list All saints, Asos and a load of random shops.

Guests singing this Sunday:
    Bruno Mars, Kelly Clarkson and Professor Green.

Spoiler-ing just in case anyone likes a surprise! :P

Dermot announced them at the end of results show last week so no need for spoiler tags

amacachi wrote: »
    Anyone know where the results last year were from? Someone had a breakdown each week of the votes for each act.

Whenever they were "leaked" it was discovered at the end that they were always fake leaks. Last year we kept hearing Wagner was topping the votes, same for Jedward the year before, but it was never true. They don't reveal until the final Xtra Factor where everyone came with the voting each week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Butterfly25

amacachi wrote: »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_X_Factor_%28UK_series_7%29#Results_summary

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

Frankie is gone Sunday I reckon seeing that most of his fans are teenage girls and the was he treated Jedward on Saturday will not go down wel with them.

:rolleyes:

I wonder if Xfactor will ever be about the best voice :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

What did Frankie do to Jedward?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement