Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2011 (UK show)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭keps

What did Frankie do to Jedward?

Maybe he showed them his arse:D:D

I bet it was hair-raising:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Luis21 wrote: »
    Frankie cant sing. He's kept in because blokes hate him and girls fancy him.

They can't fancy him that much, otherwise he wouldn't have been in the bottom 2. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Stolen from Digital spy forum
    Their reporter told 'Xpose' the twins approached Frankie in the corridor for a friendly chat after the end of the main show and Xtra Factor, but apparently he said some nasty things to them, leaving them very upset and then "ran off".

Theme this week has apparently been changed to Rock Week.

• Advertisement

lizt wrote: »

:eek:

Wasn't it meant to be motown? Somebody is screwing Marcus. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Should suit some acts over others, however I recall a couple years ago when yer man Lloyd was in it they had a rock week and didn't he sing one of the most pop songs goin? Sometimes I wonder why they even have themes, the show should suit the more versatile contestants, yet this isn't the case unfortunately.

Probably because Gary found out that the only way to keep frankie out of the bottom 2 is to drown his voice out with a big rock background:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Just goes to show, when they want to try keep someone in or possibly favour someone over the rest, they are willing to semi-cheat again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Whenever they were "leaked" it was discovered at the end that they were always fake leaks. Last year we kept hearing Wagner was topping the votes, same for Jedward the year before, but it was never true. They don't reveal until the final Xtra Factor where everyone came with the voting each week.

Cool cool. Just remembered them being around, would be handy for the predictions thread. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Wolflikeme

Rock to the X Factor judges sadly, is the likes of The Darkness or No Doubt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Wolflikeme

Gary has to know he's made a mistake taking that muppet Frankie to the live shows.

Wolflikeme wrote: »
    Gary has to know he's made a mistake taking that muppet Frankie to the live shows.

Gary has made a mistake alright - but he and the producers will now contrive to keep frankie in to the final 4 at least - and my guess is that the change to Rock is the first part of that strategy.

Just as the produders wanted and totally contrived to keep Cher in last year for the final 4 - and ousted Mary Byrne on a casting judges' vote ( I disliked Mary's voice I must say - but she was consistently getting hugely better public votes than Cher).

So Frankie is here for weeks - Gary and the producers will ensure that - come hell or high water.

What's the bets he will appear last (the best spot) on next Saturday's show:)

keps wrote: »
    ...What's the bets he will appear last (the best spot) on next Saturday's show:)

Fully agree what you said previous.
    If Frankie is singing last, the producers always make sure the last act always goes out with a bang/high.
    If they don't wish to make it too obvious, he will be second last.

...And yes, they were doing the same tricks last year with that gimp Cher.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Stacey.

Let's have Craig out next week :)

Stacey. wrote: »
    Let's have Craig FRANKIE out next week :)

Corrected.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

damn

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Stacey.

Biggins wrote: »
    Corrected.

Frankie's there till the end :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,951 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Thats a real obvious attempt by the producers to try to accommodate Frankie. I hope he gets knocked out anyway.

Biggins wrote: »
    Fully agree what you said previous.
    If Frankie is singing last, the producers always make sure the last act always goes out with a bang/high.
    If they don't wish to make it too obvious, he will be second last.

...And yes, they were doing the same tricks last year with that gimp Cher.

Sorry you are right 2nd last :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

So you think Frankie should stay and Craig should go? :confused: Do you live in opposite land?

It would be a complete embarrassment if someone like Frankie wins. I wouldn't watch it again. I really can't comprehend why people like him and why the judges think he's the favourite. His performances on Saturday and Sunday showed him up for what he is - a "cheeky chappie" who has sailed through this competition on his image and persona rather than talent.

The public have some say - but who stays and who goes is driven almost totally by the producers of the show in the first 5 or 6 weeks.

They have total control over 3 pivotal areas - which dictate the public voting

(1) the theme for the week - and you see that it has been changed on Monday.
    Ask yourself why?
    Obviously it's to suit a singer that the producers want to keep in- and whom they never saw being in trouble in week 2

- That is Frankie

(2) the song and production standard .
    Choice of song/style sung in makes a huge difference to the voting - this is totally in the hands of the producers.
    Watch the song/production Frankie gets on Saturday

(3) The running order of the acts. If at this stage you are asked to go out number 1 on saturday - it could be the producers want you out.
    They may play clever occassionally by putting a very strong act out first (say Janet this week-end)- but if you are in anyway vulnerable - the No 1 slot on saturday is the kiss of death:)

As myself and Biggins agree -Frankie will go out last or 2nd last next Saturday

And lastly but very importantly - the producers/ judges are in total harmoony when it it comes to the sing-off voting.
    All predetermined depending on the pair in the bottom 2.

Did anyone for 1 minute think Lulu might go to the public vote on Sunday -

and then guess why he didn't?

Because - it was known to the panel that Frankie was lowest.

This might be of interest to some people, it only really confirms what we all knew!
    As someone to lift the lid on the behind-the-scenes tantrums, cruelty and bullying in X Factor, contestant Sheila O’Sullivan is uniquely well placed.
    The singer previously came second in RTÉ’s You’re A Star with girl group The Jades in 2005.
    She also has a vast experience of the music industry, having performed in Croke Park on four separate occasions and as well as at the Shepherd’s Bush Empire in London.

Finalist: Sheila O'Sullivan is a member of a girl band and made it through to the X Factor boot camp
    As the lead singer of The Jades, Sheila has also supported The Bangles, toured with the Saw Doctors and performed at Oxegen With that experience under her belt, Sheila went into X Factor with her eyes wide open and expecting the worst – but she says nothing could have prepared her for the sleepless nights, starvation, bullying and diva-style behaviour that lay in store.
    Having made it down to the final 50 on the TV3 show, the brunette beauty goes so far as to dismiss the reality singing series as ‘completely staged’ and ‘full of freaks’.

Wexford native Sheila made it as far as the bootcamp stage this ­summer – but after spending a ­hellish week trapped ‘in prison’, she has ­spoken out about her horrific experience.
    After the disappointment of being pipped for You’re A Star – and 10 years of gigging venues ranging from stadiums to dives – the 28-year-old has seen the best and worst of showbusiness.

But she insists X Factor was the worst thing that ever happened to her and regrets ever going back after her initial audition in March in Manchester, when she waited outside in the cold for 12 hours.
    And by the time she auditioned in front of judges Gary Barlow, Kelly Rowland, Tulisa and Louis Walsh in June, Sheila had a pretty good idea of how the X Factor machine really operated.
    The brunette, from Kilmuckride, Co. Wexford, said: ‘Right before I went out on stage to sing in front of the judges, someone pulled me aside and told me to strut on and throw my head back.
    ‘But I went on as a normal person. Now I think if I’d played along and followed all the orders, I’d have gone further.
    ‘I feel so sorry for people going on the show to be bullied behind the scenes. Clearly some of these people are mentally unstable. I’m 28, I’m not going to be pushed around.
    ‘Kelly said she could listen to me sing all day, Gary said I had a beautiful Celtic voice, Tulisa compared me to Alanis Morrisette and Louis said I had a good recording voice.’
    But despite the praise heaped on her in that audition, Sheila claims she never stood a chance as by the time the bootcamp stage was filmed, producers had already decided on most of the final 16.
    The rest were there to make up numbers.
    It was not until bootcamp that her X Factor dream became a nightmare but Sheila insists she is not bitter about not going through to the judges’ houses or live shows.
    She spent almost a week living in a hotel, having to endure a three-hour return trip to Wembley daily, where they were locked in a holding room for up to 12 hours a day.
    She said: ‘Every day at bootcamp we spent hours upon hours in the holding room. We weren’t allowed leave. It felt like a prison. They didn’t seem to care about anyone at bootcamp. I believe they’d already picked their top three or four by that stage and the rest of us just didn’t matter.

‘The day before we sang in front of the judges, I was up at 5am to do my hair and make-up. It wasn’t until 12.30 that night that I was eventually called for my rehearsal. My voice was gone by the time I got to see the vocal coach – and it wasn’t gone from singing, because I only sang for about 15 minutes. It was gone from tiredness and lack of sleep.
    ‘All the people who got through to judges’ houses had their rehearsal earlier and were tucked up by 9pm, happy and ready to sing the next day.’
    Sheila described how the same ­contestants – who are now in the live shows – were continuously being ­followed by cameras and lined up to speak to show host Dermot O’Leary.
    She even claims certain contestants, like Tyrone schoolgirl Janet Devlin, who has also gone through to the live shows, received special treatment and were allowed return to the hotel instead of waiting in the holding room.
    She revealed: ‘It was so staged. Dermot and the rest of the crew were on first-name terms with all of the contestants that are now on the live shows now.

Special treatment: Sheila O'Sullivan says that Janet Devlin was constantly being interviewed by Dermot O'Leary (right) during bootcamp and given special treatment
    'They were filming the same people all the time, the cameras mostly focused on Janet, Kitty and Frankie. Janet was given bars of chocolate but when I asked for food I was refused. The rest of us were just there to make up numbers.’
    There was no relief for Sheila back at the hotel. She was paired with a booze-guzzling roommate and her request to share with Dubliner Melanie McCabe was rejected.
    Sheila recalled: ‘I spent the rest of the time in a madhouse, starving and tired, surrounded by divas. Every night, without fail, the girl I shared with woke me up.
    ‘And while I was sipping on Manuka honey, she was swigging from a bottle of vodka. Her behaviour was so eccentric it was hard to tell whether she was drunk or sober. One time, when she knew the film crew were coming to the rooms, she waited in her underwear because it was the same tactic Kitty Brucknell had used the day before to get on camera. It was like being in a looney bin.’

Tactics: Apparently Kitty Brucknell waited for the film crew in her underwear
    But by the end of the week, Sheila had reached her limit and she told Gary Barlow exactly how she felt. She recalled: ‘When we were brought on stage as the over-25s to be told they were putting through Goldie, Johnny and Kitty, everyone left on stage was really good at singing. But Gary was telling us we weren’t going through, and to keep our chins up and keep at it.
    ‘I couldn’t listen to him. I put my hand up and stopped him – I was not going to stand there and be patronised by him. I was calm and composed and told him I had been trying to make it for 10 years but clearly this is just the Freak Factor. The freaks always go through in the over-25 category.
    ‘Gary didn’t look at me. He put his head down and said he was sorry. As a credible and successful artist, I don’t think Gary would have put through Goldie or Johnny. In interviews, Gary blames Louis for the freaks going through and Louis is willing to take the flak but I don’t think the judges really have much power or control.
    ‘They wouldn’t let me leave after I’d left the stage. I just wanted to go home but three or four people barricaded me.
    ‘After I’d made the Freak Factor comment, a girl stood in the doorway and I heard one of the staff shouting at the camera to follow me. I felt like they were trying to provoke me and get me to say something that would make good television. But I wasn’t brought up that way.
    ‘I had tears streaming down my face. I was upset, not because I didn’t get through but because of the way I was treated. They’d no right to stop me from getting my belongings.’
    In contrast, the reality talent show veteran had nothing but praise for RTÉ’s You’re A Star, saying: ‘There’s no comparison. I’m not saying everyone on You’re A Star was going to become a massive international star but at least everyone could sing and there was never a Wagner or a Goldie. They’re two completely different shows.’
    Sheila’s experience has left a bad taste in her mouth and she can’t bear to watch X Factor, saying: ‘I know I’m better than that show – everything I stand for, my morals and my work ethic, tells me so.’
    Even though Sheila has signed a contract forbidding her from discussing her time with X Factor, she says it is important that viewers – and potential competitors – know the true nature of the show.
    She said: ‘I just want people to know what it’s really like and what goes on behind the scenes. I have the guts to speak up for those who aren’t brave enough.
    ‘Anyone thinking of auditioning should know, it’s not really about talent or singing ability. It should be called the Freak Factor, not X Factor.
    ‘I’ve been in the music industry long enough to know how tough it is. I knew X Factor wouldn’t be easy – but the way they treated us was disgraceful. There were teenagers there who were just so excited to be on television that they didn’t know any better.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2049693/X-Factor-2011-Sheila-OSullivan-exposes-manipulation-heart-show.html#ixzz1bAnKZ513

Just to follow up on that - evryone knew from the minute Frankie showed his tatooed arse on the auditions show that he was in the final 12/16

Crazy and sad.

Freak factor is right

I've heard it before, pretty much a carbon copy of that insight, and it never seems to hurt the show. Sad really.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

It would be a complete embarrassment if someone like Frankie wins. I wouldn't watch it again. I really can't comprehend why people like him and why the judges think he's the favourite. His performances on Saturday and Sunday showed him up for what he is - a "cheeky chappie" who has sailed through this competition on his image and persona rather than talent.

Image and persona? Really? His image is mank and his persona is so utterly uncharming... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 86,483 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

They pretty much show a lot more on tv from the start of the contestants you know will make the live shows :rolleyes: it is the same every year yet we still all watch :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

I think the show has gone to the dogs. The contestants, the music choice, the fashion. The judges is crap I used to have a thing for Kelly rowland now all I want to do is hit her a slap ( god forgive me) with all her put on American guff she is bugging me big time. Louis has picked acts that are there fir shock value alone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

One thing I will say is I don't think that Louis picks anyone. I honestly think all these things are decided by Cowell and co after boot camp with judges houses only being a formality. Like, that girl Jade there has to be a reason that she didn't get through. Maybe she didn't have enough of a sob story.

As much as I enjoy the thread here and it kills a few hours at the weekend but I would love for it to be proven as the fix that it is.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement