Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2011 (UK show)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

They even have signed the singers into silence over the grand prize - which they have quietly changed!

See: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2050870/X-Factor-2011-ITV-drops-1m-record-contract-prize.html#ixzz1bEeTc3D3

Sample:
    Since the X Factor began eight years ago, finalists have battled each other for a coveted £1million record contract.
    But after the show has failed to churn out a string of international singing superstars, the grand prize has been re-evaluated.
    A leaked contract shows the 2011 winner will need to make four albums before they reach £1million.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,483 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The winner should get their album out first before any of the other finalists and not wait a whole year

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    The winner should get their album out first before any of the other finalists and not wait a whole year

I wonder if the year long wait is so that the winner's first album concides with the first live show?

Its in the well known thick contract that ALL have to sign once the live shows begin, that no other contestants is allowed release any track before the winner - at any time.
    This is also partly stop them from stealing any of the winners thunder and/or taking the most prized number one chart spot at Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Frankie is the least likeable contestant in X Factor history imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,483 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Biggins wrote: »
    Its in the well known thick contract that ALL have to sign once the live shows begin, that no other contestants is allowed release any track before the winner - at any time.
    This is also partly stop them from stealing any of the winners thunder and/or taking the most prized number one chart spot at Christmas.

I wouldnt count the winner's song but am looking at last year's contestants Cher, Mary and One Direction all had singles out before the winner Matt had his single released and the year before that Olly had singles and an album out before Joe, waiting a whole year for a follow up single and album is a joke

SuperEagle wrote: »
    Frankie is the least likeable contestant in X Factor history imo

I would have said second least...

Cher Lloyd is so rotten that the X-Factor show alone, couldn't go to her secondary school (as they did with all the others) for interviews with her teachers/fellow pupils because of the bullying and trouble she was there - when she actually attended.
    I wouldnt count the winner's song but am looking at last year's contestants Cher, Mary and One Direction all had singles out before the winner Matt had his single released and the year before that Olly had singles and an album out before Joe, waiting a whole year for a follow up single and album is a joke

True - that happened however ONLY with the then later permission of Cowell and his Syco business.
    ...And don't even get me started on how bad Cher and Matt's crap are... Dire stuff indeed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Cher Lloyd is so rotten that the X-Factor show alone, couldn't go to her secondary school (as they did with all the others) for interviews with her teachers/fellow pupils because of the bullying and trouble she was there - when she actually attended.

They didnt go to all their schools?

They didnt go to all their schools?

All the other persons (when it came down to the final four) had teachers and students from their secondary schools talking about them - then it came to Cher, the best they could do was go to her primary and ask how she was when she was starting off!
    (This was after many weeks in the national press about how she was bullying others at her secondary school - some of the victims gave interviews.)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

...And don't even get me started on how bad Cher and Matt's crap are... Dire stuff indeed!

You think One Directions single was amazing too? :')
    Wanna hear theyre next one?

Also, for the first year since i started watching it, the X Factor bores me. Totally bores. I havnt watched any show in full yet, infact I didnt see any of Saturdays..

• Advertisement

deise_girl wrote: »
    ...for the first year since i started watching it, the X Factor bores me. Totally bores. I havnt watched any show in full yet, infact I didnt see any of Saturdays..

At this stage, I'm watching it just to get a greater laugh at taking the piss of it on boards here! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

lizt wrote: »
    This might be of interest to some people, it only really confirms what we all knew!

for a shot at a million pounds... i reckon i could tough it out! sounds like she's just bitter, comes across as more of a diva than even kitty, or that one misha complaining about the stylists!

was it four times on the show i counted someone commenting on how great she got on with the stylists after that storyabout her getting all diva-ish was put out in the media? :pac:

and that's not to mention- in judges houses, both misha and another one of the girls used the exact same expression- "little me from (so and so place)"...

and in the audutions they were at the autitionee's houses! already? wouldn't surprise me if the pink convertible that they used on stage for 2shoes was the same pink mini that they had one set of auditionees turn up in, chop shopped!

and on that- the same girl that turned up with her other three "friends", the three girls looked like they went together with their 50's vintage outfits, and then she had on i think a tee shirt and jeans? (urban look?), totally different from the other three, yet all four were claiming to be "best friends", and then she gets singled out to "come back"...

watching the show last week, i had the feeling that producers gave kitty's performance far more stage production and theatrics than any of the other contestants, put her on last aswel so her performance would be fresh in viewers minds when they went to "vote"...

i really wish when OFCOM investigated the whole tv voting system, that they had included x factor in the investigation, to see exactly how the votes are being distributed.

i've become so cynical of the whole thing that now im even beginning to wonder did producers purposely have frankie in the bottom two just to garner public sympathy and then have him stage an "amazing comeback from being in the bottom two last week", having praise heaped on him from all four judges, so the producers could give the impression that "you just never know whats going to happen on this show, but that's the dramatic up's and down's of showbiz, and the underdog will win in the end" cheeseball effort.

expect to see a "disappointing" performance from janet on this weeks show, as misha raps her way through a rock song, johnny does bonnie tylers "holding out for a hero", and the mary byrne lookalike does some belter rock song.

*goes off to overthink some more* :D

tl;dr: its a fix i tells ya! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Wolflikeme

ziedth wrote: »
    One thing I will say is I don't think that Louis picks anyone. I honestly think all these things are decided by Cowell and co after boot camp with judges houses only being a formality. Like, that girl Jade there has to be a reason that she didn't get through. Maybe she didn't have enough of a sob story.

As much as I enjoy the thread here and it kills a few hours at the weekend but I would love for it to be proven as the fix that it is.

Totally agree. In fact the thread is great craic and I enjoy the way the show affects people - the viewers and the contestants.

That girl Jade was brilliant I thought, was sure she'd go through.

They even have signed the singers into silence over the grand prize - which they have quietly changed!

See: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2050870/X-Factor-2011-ITV-drops-1m-record-contract-prize.html#ixzz1bEeTc3D3

Sample:

Just proves - throwing money at talentless people 'who's dream it is to be in music' -- transcribed: I really want to be famous and I don't want to work -- doesn't work.

That's the sad truth for about 90% of them I reckon. Just because you can sing doesn't mean you should be a singer. Tons of people can sing, that's been proven, but music is about much much more than that.

On a side note: How disgusting is that show 'Signed by Katie Price'? All you hear on it (the one time I watched it) is 'I think we can make money together'!! What?!! Doing what exactly?! Get some tart off the street to get her t!ts out here and there and maybe churn out some crap perfume?! Unbelievable!!

Wolflikeme wrote: »
    Get some tart off the street to get her t!ts out here

wasn't that on the other night on the Really channel?

"My Big Breasts and Me"

*checks planner*, why yes, yes it was... :p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭keps

xsiborg wrote: »
    for a shot at a million pounds... i reckon i could tough it out!

But it's not a shot a a million - it's not who wants to be a millionaire or million pound drop.

It's a shot at a recording contract valued( by whom I wonder) at £1m
    ( and I'm reading here that even this is bein amended downwards)

Do you think that Shane Ward, Joe Mcelderry or Leon Jackson even smelled a couple of grand?

Not on your life - they were used to get a Christmans Number 1 to boost Simon's ego - and then basically told to F off back to civvy street and fend for themselves.

It's a joke really but I suppose you have to look at the ones who came out of it OK- like Leona - and in fairness Jedward!

As well as that I see that most on the 2010 contestents were playing Trabolgan in Cork this summer - now you can't really go much classier than that I guess:D

http://www.trabolgan.com/Entertainment/X-Factor-Summer.aspx

but come on now, the girl there that complained about mistreatment, she claims to be ten years in the music industry as if that somehow lends to her credibility, then comes out with:

"Janet was given bars of chocolate but when I asked for food I was refused."

this is a 28 year old woman comparing herself to a 16 year old girl-

"she got chocolate, how come I got no chocolate?" fairness like! :D

but x factor contestants, if they're any way clever, will play ball and won't try to rock the boat by considering themselves "serious artists", they'll say how high when simon cowell says jump, thats HOW the likes of leona lewis and jedward are now successful, whatever your opinon of their talent.

remember steve brookstein, gareth gates? they defied simon cowell, thought they knew it all, and sank into ovlivion, same with the likes of mcelderry, ward and jackson- they havent worked hard enough, and it looks like matt cardle isnt working hard enough either!

you can drag a horse to water, etc, as in- x factor gave them the exposure, but they didnt use that exposure to the best of their advantage, if you ask me, they got the opportunity for a fast tracked pop career far too easily and just didnt appreciate it or make the most of it!

that is one thing at least i DONT think we can blame the producers of these reality shows for- is the attutude of the contestants, if given an opportunity far too easily, will either simply squander it, or, if they're any way clever, will make the most of it, and make a hell of a lot more than just €1milliion in the process. how much are jedward and leona worth now exactly? more than €1million anyway, and it didnt just fall into their lap either, they had to work for it, and to their credit they did, and they worked hard and put up with a lot more than just bitching cuz they gots no chocolate!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

True - that happened however ONLY with the then later permission of Cowell and his Syco business.

I see your Cher and raise you one Rachel Hylton, She was a horrible example of a human let alone x-factor contestant.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I see your Cher and raise you one Rachel Hylton, She was a horrible example of a human let alone x-factor contestant.

What made her such a bad human? :confused: I remember her being nearly universally disliked at the time but even then it confused me. Yes she was cocky and clashed with Dannii over her songs, but I really never saw what was so horrible about her.

What made her such a bad human? :confused: I remember her being nearly universally disliked at the time but even then it confused me. Yes she was cocky and clashed with Dannii over her songs, but I really never saw what was so horrible about her.

I'm working off memory but she seemed to flaunt her drug furled past any chance she got for a bit of sympathy same with her kids. That and I remember her getting mouthy during the live shows more then once.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I'm working off memory but she seemed to flaunt her drug furled past any chance she got for a bit of sympathy same with her kids. That and I remember her getting mouthy during the live shows more then once.

She had a bit of a sob story, of course the producers were going to jump at the chance to exploit that. And i don't recall her ever getting "mouthy" during the live shows? I'm pretty sure she complained about her song choice but that was about it. The hatred towards her was way OTT an uncalled for IMO.

If I'm wrong I'll take it back happily but I seem to remember Simon was speaking and she said "you don't know what it's like being up here" and he replied "your very close to spoiling it for yourself" the more I think about it the more I think it was her.

Edit: further thinking has me remember that she refused to sing the song Danni picked for her and sand one of her own choosing. I think the judges ripped her apart for it. Again, if I'm wrong I apologise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

If I'm wrong I'll take it back happily but I seem to remember Simon was speaking and she said "you don't know what it's like being up here" and he replied "your very close to spoiling it for yourself" the more I think about it the more I think it was her.

Edit: further thinking has me remember that she refused to sing the song Danni picked for her and sand one of her own choosing. I think the judges ripped her apart for it. Again, if I'm wrong I apologise.

I think you are right, she was mouthy and had trouble taking advice.
    I'm sure she did not stay with the other contestants, she went home to her kids, I could be wrong about this. she was high maintenance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

we still have to rise in the morning, I think the people who are debating the xfactor are lucky, there are no other problems in their lives, this is good im just jealous,

I know shoot me

we still have to rise in the morning, I think the people who are debating the xfactor are lucky, there are no other problems in their lives, this is good im just jealous,

I know shoot me

If it makes you feel better buddy I have some pretty serious shít going on ATM and I use things like this for a bit of escapism. Going forward might be best to keep that in mind.

Yeah I heard someone else talk about her recently and what a terrible attitude she had on the show. I'd never heard of her. Only started watching properly this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I am DEMANDING a Westlife week now!!!

lizt wrote: »
    I am DEMANDING a Westlife week now!!!

I second that.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Although I really don't want to hear Frankie murdering one of their songs.... or Janet singing one in an English accent.... or Mischa rapping in the middle of a song... or Johnny camping it up singing "World of our Own".... on second thoughts....

Let's just get rid of all the contestants and fill the show with Westlife themselves.

• Advertisement

I wonder are they on the show this year.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement