Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2011 (UK show)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

hondasam wrote: »
    I wonder are they on the show this year.

Presume they will be on to promote Lighthouse at some stage.

Just found out that Cher Lloyd will be playing at Childline this year, makes me want to reconsider going...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

lizt wrote: »
    I am DEMANDING a Westlife week now!!!

...But then they would be singing Josh Gorban songs! ...Badly!

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

ziedth wrote: »
    If I'm wrong I'll take it back happily but I seem to remember Simon was speaking and she said "you don't know what it's like being up here" and he replied "your very close to spoiling it for yourself" the more I think about it the more I think it was her.

Edit: further thinking has me remember that she refused to sing the song Danni picked for her and sand one of her own choosing. I think the judges ripped her apart for it. Again, if I'm wrong I apologise.

Yeah I do remember alright and I do know she had a bit of an attitude but I think it was blown way out of proportion. She wasn't happy with the song choices she was getting, which was fair enough, if she's not comfortable then why shouldn't she speak up? IIRC she did pick a bad song for herself at one stage, but then another week she sang an Amy Winehouse song that she chose herself (the same one she sang in auditions I think) and got all-round praise.

And I think she should be commended for standing up to Simon Cowel :D Damn right he doesn't know what it's like to be up there!

I just think the hatred for her was unfounded. She was fighting the X Factor machine...if someone did that this year they'd be commended!
    I think you are right, she was mouthy and had trouble taking advice.
    I'm sure she did not stay with the other contestants, she went home to her kids, I could be wrong about this. she was high maintenance.

She had to stay at home to look after her kids, she had no choice...how is that high maintenance? :confused:

I am terribly confused. When I first read this I was thinking "ha that's some great satirical writing right there" but after having a browse around the website I actually think it's for real :confused::confused:
    I cried when I left the stage". Do you now feel sorry for Frankie?

Frankie Cocozza, one of the most endearing contestants in recent years on the X Factor, today revealed he was a broken man when he left the stage on Sunday. Despite being hugely talented, Frankie did not receive enough votes to avoid the dreaded bottom two.

In a dramatic sing-off with Nu-Vibe, whose voices were muted in many homes, Frankie exploded into life and made it impossible for the judges not to save him. Even Tulisa, Nu-Vibe's own mentor, looked mortified in opting to save her own act over Frankie.

Frankie gave serious reflection on the weekend's events and said, "It was really scary...I cried when I left the stage". The sensitive 18-year-old further went on to say, "“I get them [my jeans] in size ten. They are only £8 and they fit me perfectly".

On Saturday Frankie will be back in action and he has been heavily tipped to mount the kind of comeback that has never before been seen on the show. No doubt Gary Barlow, a member of Robbie Williams' Take That, will have worked hard and prepared perfectly for Frankie's next performance.

How do you feel now that Frankie has shown the emotions he was feeling on Sunday night? Is it time to give Frankie the benefit of the doubt and accept that we were wrong? He is not arrogant, he is not big-headed, he's just a young, down-to-earth lad trying to make his luck in this world. Good luck to him.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/9314605.Fashion_secrets_of_Brighton_X_Factor_star_Frankie_Cocozza/

• Registered Users Posts: 28,951 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I am terribly confused. When I first read this I was thinking "ha that's some great satirical writing right there" but after having a browse around the website I actually think it's for real :confused::confused:
    The sensitive 18-year-old further went on to say, "“I get them [my jeans] in size ten. They are only £8 and they fit me perfectly".

He wears womens clothes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Must do.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I don't have time to browse the site so maybe it's obvious but surely that article is pure satire and taking the piss out of itself. Like it's the exact opposite of the truth :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭keps

quote from ibarelycare's quote!

' Gary Barlow, a member of Robbie Williams' Take That''

hehe Gary will love that

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

ziedth wrote: »
    I don't have time to browse the site so maybe it's obvious but surely that article is pure satire and taking the piss out of itself. Like it's the exact opposite of the truth :)
    Yeah, it has to be. There's not really a single line in it that doesn't reek of sarcasm.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,483 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I wonder are they on the show this year.

No as they had left Simon's label, I think Nicky said in an interview they wouldnt be on the show

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

"Even Tulisa looked mortified in saving her own act" haha brillaint!!

Latest news on sexuality of Craig and Marcus

shock horror:eek::eek:

http://hpssufyaappaayfussph.celebrity.aol.co.uk/2011/10/19/x-factor-craig-colton-gay/

"Bum boys"??? Jaysus...

I actually didn't have a clue that Craig was gay!

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

Hopefully Gary won't spend all week working with Frankie to make sure he avoids the bottom two and thereby neglecting Craig and Marcus.

Especially Craig as I placed a bet on him a few weeks ago :D

egan2020 wrote: »
    Hopefully Gary won't spend all week working with Frankie to make sure he avoids the bottom two and thereby neglecting Craig and Marcus.

He might spend some time with the 'bottom' 2 - Craig and Marcusbiggrin.gif

keps wrote: »
    Latest news on sexuality of Craig and Marcus

shock horror:eek::eek:

http://hpssufyaappaayfussph.celebrity.aol.co.uk/2011/10/19/x-factor-craig-colton-gay/

Now Magazine was saying he was in a relationhip with Sophie

• Registered Users Posts: 28,951 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Sophie is his fag-hag*.

*please accept fag-hag in the non-homophobic way it was intended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

egan2020 wrote: »

I've always wondered do they actually spend much time working with their acts, and I wonder who takes the mentor role seriously? Remember Simon couldn't even name the individual members of his biggest act last year!

Gary's best chance of winning is with Craig so he should put his all into him (I'm sure Craig would like that too :p)

Since Rachel Hylton was mentioned previously I think Misha reminds me of her

kinda sums him up doesn't it?

kb4thk.jpg

• Advertisement

What a complete and utter twat.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

kinda sums him up doesn't it?

kb4thk.jpg

he's obviously taking the p*ss , they all read the papers to see what they say bout them , and they are all known having a laugh about what is said and having tears!!!!

this picture does not make him a twat ,tbh i think anyboody believing what the daily star puts out , is a twat !!

A V A wrote: »
    he's obviously taking the p*ss , they all read the papers to see what they say bout them , and they are all known having a laugh about what is said and having tears!!!!

this picture does not make him a twat ,tbh i think anyboody believing what the daily star puts out , is a twat !!

You're right, we don't need that picture to know he's a twat.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

anything that helps to stop the ladies voting for him is all good,

putting well deserved pressure on the show, ohhhhhh yehhhh judges decision, bah humbug.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I really don't think he gets half the women the rags, himself and his old man claim. Not even a third.

I really don't think he gets half the women the rags, himself and his old man claim. Not even a third.

What women in her right mind and senses would touch him he looks god damn awful and acts like a prat

Frankie will have no problem.....

from a poll taken earlier this year in England on teenagers.

Asked the question "What would you like to do for your career?", some 54 per cent answered "Become a celebrity".

One in six (15 per cent) said they wanted to go into medicine or nursing, while around one in seven are planning a career in the media.

Just 9 per cent want a career in law, 4 per cent would like to go into teaching, and 1 per cent said they will do office work.

Asked how they plan to become famous, 21 per cent said they will do so through reality TV, while 5 per cent said they planned to date a celebrity.
    But almost seven in 10 (68 per cent) did not know how to become famous, and less than a fifth (19 per cent) said they believed they had the talent to reach their goals.

The survey, commissioned by experience day website http://www.intotheblue.co.uk, to mark the increase in customers searching for and buying their Superstar Singer days and dance lessons, also asked teenagers who wanted to be famous to name their role models.
    Supermodel Kate Moss was top, chosen by 68 per cent of teenagers.
    Footballer Wayne Rooney was second, picked by 60 per cent, followed by pop star Lady Gaga (53 per cent) and Celebrity Big Brother star Nicola T (50 per cent).

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

Frankie will have no problem.....

from a poll taken earlier this year in England on teenagers.

Asked the question "What would you like to do for your career?", some 54 per cent answered "Become a celebrity".

One in six (15 per cent) said they wanted to go into medicine or nursing, while around one in seven are planning a career in the media.

Just 9 per cent want a career in law, 4 per cent would like to go into teaching, and 1 per cent said they will do office work.

Asked how they plan to become famous, 21 per cent said they will do so through reality TV, while 5 per cent said they planned to date a celebrity.
    But almost seven in 10 (68 per cent) did not know how to become famous, and less than a fifth (19 per cent) said they believed they had the talent to reach their goals.

The survey, commissioned by experience day website http://www.intotheblue.co.uk, to mark the increase in customers searching for and buying their Superstar Singer days and dance lessons, also asked teenagers who wanted to be famous to name their role models.
    Supermodel Kate Moss was top, chosen by 68 per cent of teenagers.
    Footballer Wayne Rooney was second, picked by 60 per cent, followed by pop star Lady Gaga (53 per cent) and Celebrity Big Brother star Nicola T (50 per cent).

That poll must have been taken backstage at the Jeremy Kyle show.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

See i don't just want Frankie to be knocked out, what I would really like is to see him crash and burn and be found out for what we all see him for. I know se touched on it before but Gary is a sharp guy so he can't truly believe the ****e that he is spouting. To me it looked much more then the usual "backing your own acts" that understandably happens. Maybe it's like someone mentioned that he knows how much of a mistake he/the producers have made by bringing him out of judges houses and that's why he's being pushed on us.

Any body think we should all vote for Kitty to force him into the bottom two :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

A V A wrote: »

seeing his leery grin in that pic reminded me of another classic letch-

sid_james_lookalike.jpg

sid james, for those of you not old enough to remember the "carry on" films! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement