Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2011 (UK show)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

A V A wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

*sigh* I don't know why I'm bothering but... You obviously have an opinion so why not actually state it instead of being lazy and using smilies to show you disagree with someone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

Biggins wrote: »
    The scruffy schite is back in the news again (any publicity, good publicity?) - apparently after getting twins into bed - IF you can trust what is written!

See: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2051639/X-Factor-2011-Frankie-Cocozza-continues-tawdry-bid-shows-bad-boy.html

if you can trust what the little schite brags about more like! honestly the more i hear about him, the more i wonder did the producers of x factor not only pick up the tab for his little soiree, but did they also pay those girls to get pictured with him!

really have to wonder too did producers pay him to get that tattoo, just to build up an image of this "cheeky chappy/bad boy", bad boy my ass, ya just wish he'd cop the fcuk on and realise that he's ruining his own chances allowing himself to be used as a publicity pawn!

he's been made to look one way with no redeemable or likeability factor, only a creepy little sleaze factor, and its backfired spectacularly on producers because the little shyte went off the script when he dismissed jedward and then decided to take to twitter to fire off abuse at a journalist who baited him so easily.

he hasnt endeared himself to the public in any way, nothing whatsoever to do with his singing ability, its a popularity contest and his "cheeky chappie" persona when it went arséways, was quickly manipulated by producers into this "bad boy" persona, but his own ego is his downfall as he buys more and more into his own hype, he has been revealed for the utterly sad little twat he is.

i dont normally comment so personally on contestants but im tired now of seeing this jumped up little príck taking up newspaper column inches with his dirty little hole, get some tissue and wipe off the marker ffs!

i hope he goes out this saturday simply because he'll fade into oblivion and then we can all enjoy some of the far more pleasant contestants such as sophie and im even warming up to the rather eccentric johnny over this little twat!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Louis' favourite line is "And I want people to vote for you tonight!", occasionally he uses "I want people in (insert contestant's town) to vote for you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Watching it at a friend's tomorrow, gonna be strong words exchanged between the Frankie fans and, er...me

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

lizt wrote: »
    Louis' favourite line is "And I want people to vote for you tonight!", occasionally he uses "I want people in (insert contestant's town) to vote for you!

Yes, I hate it when he says that. The X-Factor isn't supposed to have anything to do with regional loyalties or http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/localism, at least it shouldn't. It reminds me a bit of the genuinely farcical All-Ireland Talent Show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Louis to Marcus: "...and I want everyone in Liverpool to vote for you!"
    Me: "What, just Liverpool?"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭keps

you do not know how good you are.. but

you DESERVE to be on THAT STAGE because

you have a Great recording voice and

You can sell records

but You need VOTES yes you need VOtes

and i want everyone

in Cloud cuckooland to vote for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Namlub wrote: »
    Watching it at a friend's tomorrow, gonna be strong words exchanged between the Frankie fans and, er...me
    Frankie has fans.. lol. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Namlub wrote: »

You're still friends with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

xsiborg wrote: »
    if you can trust what the little schite brags about more like! honestly the more i hear about him, the more i wonder did the producers of x factor not only pick up the tab for his little soiree, but did they also pay those girls to get pictured with him!

really have to wonder too did producers pay him to get that tattoo, just to build up an image of this "cheeky chappy/bad boy", bad boy my ass, ya just wish he'd cop the fcuk on and realise that he's ruining his own chances allowing himself to be used as a publicity pawn!

he's been made to look one way with no redeemable or likeability factor, only a creepy little sleaze factor, and its backfired spectacularly on producers because the little shyte went off the script when he dismissed jedward and then decided to take to twitter to fire off abuse at a journalist who baited him so easily.

he hasnt endeared himself to the public in any way, nothing whatsoever to do with his singing ability, its a popularity contest and his "cheeky chappie" persona when it went arséways, was quickly manipulated by producers into this "bad boy" persona, but his own ego is his downfall as he buys more and more into his own hype, he has been revealed for the utterly sad little twat he is.

i dont normally comment so personally on contestants but im tired now of seeing this jumped up little príck taking up newspaper column inches with his dirty little hole, get some tissue and wipe off the marker ffs!

i hope he goes out this saturday simply because he'll fade into oblivion and then we can all enjoy some of the far more pleasant contestants such as sophie and im even warming up to the rather eccentric johnny over this little twat!

he cant sing, he cant dance, he cant sheit straight, the only thing he has is publicity, if he did not have that he would be back in wankville,

I know he grates the fook out of people but heees not long on the planet, so he is in the learning process,

it will make him a few bob and by the end of the hole thing he might actually cop himself on, 6 weeks at that age is a long time,

did I just stand up for Frankie a wee bit, geeeees I must be ill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭coolabula

What did Frankie say about Jedward?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Gary Barlow quoted in papers today saying about Lois "I have seen him once at the contestants house. He is in Dublin all week. He doesnt really care".
    How you think lois walsh is a good mentor in this competition is beyond me.

Sure.

From http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1336321/Katie-Waissel-struggling-cope-X-Factor-death-threats.html#ixzz17QKsjHOx

From http://xfactor.tellymix.co.uk/judges/22591-rebecca-ferguson-begs-louis-walsh-to-mentor-her-instead-of-cheryl.html

[/COLOR][/LEFT]

In an interview with Nicolo from a Closer magazine from last year he said:

(I don't have a link as it's not online but I posted about it here)

I disagree with you that the public voted for Jedward because they were so bad. Maybe to an extent it was like that last year with Wagner, but Louis has the capability of turning these underdog, novelty acts into something likeable that the public want to get behind and not necessarily as a "f*ck you" to Simon Cowell and the X Factor. I think he gets the worst category because he's the only one who'd be able to handle them tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

As i argued with ' IBarelyCare'...i predicted this show would go down hill without Simon. See pages 200 on...

Lois is a clown...same lines all the time. Adds no new element or value any week. Its bound to get boring listening to the same **** all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Gary Barlow quoted in papers today saying about Lois "I have seen him once at the contestants house. He is in Dublin all week. He doesnt really care".
    But contestants have said over and over in interviews that Louis has been great and helped them so much, more than their actual mentors in some cases. They're not under any obligation to say it because the show is over, i doubt they'd say it for no reason...

Have you ever heard of this thing called a phone? it allows people to talk when they're in two separate places.

anyway, Westlife split up this week so I'm sure he's had a lot to do in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Is there anywhere to watch XFactor online in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

Might have had to pop over to Dublin to meet Clark Kent who was taking a break from saving people and stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

Has the penny finally dropped for Gary or is this just more publicity for Wankie Frankie?

http://www.digitalspy.ie/tv/s103/the-x-factor/news/a346938/x-factors-gary-barlow-i-regret-picking-frankie-cocozza.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Clark probably mistook the stink of the Liffey for a tsunami.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

Louis to Marcus: "...and I want everyone in Liverpool to vote for you!"
    Me: "What, just Liverpool?"

Didn't he something to Craig also about how everyone in Liverpool will be voting for him, or how he wanted them to vote for him. Make up your mind Louis, who do you want Liverpool to vote for? :pac:

Will Frakie be in the bottom 2?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Will Frakie be in the bottom 2?

Unlikely. Firstly, its rock week which will undoubtedly suit him and secondly, last week was a wake up call for all the teenage girls who didn't vote for him. Also, I'm by no means a fan of him by any stretch, but I actually think he's not the worst in it, I can't see many voting for Sami or Rhythmix. Now I hope I'm all wrong. Kitty Frankie bottom 2 would be a dream.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭keps

this wa comment I made yesterday
    keps wrote: »
    Cant see frankie in the bottom 2 - production team/Gary will ensure he gets best song/best production/best slot in the singing order.

He is safe for another few weeks - not because he has got talent- but because he is the type of media grabbing gob****e that the show loves to retain

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

cgpg5 wrote: »
    Unlikely. Firstly, its rock week which will undoubtedly suit him and secondly, last week was a wake up call for all the teenage girls who didn't vote for him. Also, I'm by no means a fan of him by any stretch, but I actually think he's not the worst in it, I can't see many voting for Sami or Rhythmix. Now I hope I'm all wrong. Kitty Frankie bottom 2 would be a dream.
    Why Kitty? She's one of the best singers in a singing competition.

Didn't Gary say that he was regretting putting him in the competition?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

If Gary did say all of these things during the week and tonight he's still acting like Frankie's number one fan, he is so full of shit

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Kitty is lucky that Frankie is so repulsive, because it's giving the public something to focus on so she has a chance to change their perception of her.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Several contestants from previous years have been quoted as saying louis is the best mentor. As he has the over I doubt they would need as much management as they have all tried to make it in the music business and so are probably more experienced.

As someone said, Westlife split this week. He was basically responsible for their whole career so it's understandable that he had to deal with the split this week.

Gary Barlow is just trying to deflect criticism from himself, the judges all rightly said that he made a balls of his song choices from last week and he has finally realised that Frankie is no where near as popular as he thought he was.

Was just having a look on the DS forums. According to this video (that we can't see in Ireland), Kitty is going to be performing Live and Let Die while playing piano. If she does it well it will be absolutely amazing. It'll take a lot for her to beat Ben's performance in the third series though...one of the best every X Factor performances IMO

So you're believing what comes from Gary's (i.e. Louis' competitor) mouth, but not numerous contestants' mouths when, as phasers said, they have nothing to lose or gain from what they say about him.

It's obvious you can't stand Louis and you only want to believe criticism of him but I think what Gary has said about him is far less credible than many other stories I've heard about him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I love how they're raking the contestants over the coals because the ratings have dropped, but I know I've taken to watching the performances on youtube. They're up within an hour and you don't have to sit through an add break per act. I'm still interested in the competition, but not the show. The sound is always horrible, even for the guests and people you know can sing.

I bet if they trimmed the show down and kept it snappy they'd have their viewers back, or at least growing again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement