Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2011 (UK show)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Nicki123 wrote: »
    No way - they're looking for someone to work in their industry and Mischa B obviously has a major attitude problem so why not call her out on it. If she's big enough to "swagger" about backstage then she's big enough to be rapped over the knuckles for it on live tv.

They have called her on it, Kelly threatened to throw her out of the competition over her behaviour already

http://www.rte.ie/ten/2011/1015/xfactor.html
    Who has she been bullying? :confused:

Louis said one of the contestants :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Smur

Taking everything into consideration I wouldn't be surprised if it was Frankie and Misha in the bottom two tomorrow night

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭mr kr0nik

lizt wrote: »
    I don't think it was. I've been bullied in a workplace situation before, it's horrible and it completely knocks your confidence. The contestants have to perform in front of millions of people and the last thing they need is some diva bullying them.

Sorry to hear about that Lizt.

My point is that why are the Mentors/Producers not doing anything about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭dee.

numbnutz wrote: »
    Wow .....who's goin to vote for a bully..very low tulisa and Louis

I don't understand why people are saying its low. If this girl is going around bullying other contestants then I think she deserved to be called out on it on stage, might knock her down off her high horse and make her think twice before she starts knocking other people down next time.

Looking forward to Kelly Clarkson tomorrow night, shes always incredible live.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

She sings through her nose and shouts her high notes. She's a gimmick and it's very tacky

ah come onnn, i may be no fan of Misha B anyway, but her outfits have redefined the word tacky for me at least- the quality street sweet wrapper outfit last week? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I don't think it was. I've been bullied in a workplace situation before, it's horrible and it completely knocks your confidence. The contestants have to perform in front of millions of people and the last thing they need is some diva bullying them.

No, Tulisa and Louis put Misha completely on the spot there. It seems like they waited until the live shows to confront her about it, REALLY sly, not giving Misha a chance to give her side of the story or defend herself.

Hopefully we'll learn more in Xtra Factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Janet1986

The X factor USA is way better. The standard of each singer is huge.

The uk x factor has lost it for me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

dee. wrote: »
    Looking forward to Kelly Clarkson tomorrow night, shes always incredible live.

Saw her in Dublin live before, she was amazing, basically sang for 90 minutes straight and it was just her and some backing vocalists, no showiness.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Nicki123

Novella wrote: »
    We don't know what is true or not. There is a time and a place and on national tv is definitely not it. I find it ironic - Tulisa slating her for being a bully by degrading her in front of such a huge audience. Horrible.

Well we can only go on what we hear in this situation but the papers were all reporting that Kellie had to pull her up on her shenanigans last week and it's also been reported that she's been told many time about her attitude towards the other contestants and she blatently ignores it.

You know what, I have zero sympathy for her - I've come across enough bullies in my time to know that sometimes they need to be outed in public because behind closed doors they think they can keep on doing what they've been doing. Bet the bullying stops now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Ugh, can't stand Caroline Flack.

How many times will she say "hash tag" tonight? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

xsiborg wrote: »
    ah come onnn, i may be no fan of Misha B anyway, but her outfits have redefined the word tacky for me at least- the quality street sweet wrapper outfit last week? :eek:

That may well be, but i'm talking about vocal ability, not styling and production.

Carolines dress is nice but her chest area looks so weird...is she stuffing her bra or something??

• Registered Users Posts: 24 emshogan

Janet1986 wrote: »

do you not find the singing in the US one to be very edited?

Carolines dress makes her look much wider than she is too

Olly sooooo fancies Caroline, it's so cute to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

Im thrilled Tulisa opened her mouth.

bullying is tolerated in schools and work places. She was dead right to say what she said!!! No tolerence to bullying at all.

Misha B has an awful attuitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭mr kr0nik

Carolines dress is nice but her chest area looks so weird...is she stuffing her bra or something??

Probably full of my naughty thoughts:p

Saw her in Dublin live before, she was amazing, basically sang for 90 minutes straight and it was just her and some backing vocalists, no showiness.

Ah jealous, I think she played here in the Olympia last year or the year before...really wanted to go but didnt make it in the end. Would have been nice to see her in a small venue like that. Shes incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,172 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

I don't understand why people are saying its low. If this girl is going around bullying other contestants then I think she deserved to be called out on it on stage, might knock her down off her high horse and make her think twice before she starts knocking other people down next time.

My thoughts exactly, you can't go around doing stuff like that (if it is true), especially under the safety of you thinking the public will not hear about it.

For me a persons character is a big part of the show for me, and if she is bullying others to try and knock them down then I would like to know about it, all the talent in the world could not make me like a person like that.

Anyways, I thought this week was a let down, as "rock" week always is for me.
    Nobody had a good performance for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 emshogan

Carolines dress makes her look much wider than she is too

is it the cameras? every girl with hips looks dreadful!

mr kr0nik wrote: »
    Sorry to hear about that Lizt.

My point is that why are the Mentors/Producers not doing anything about it.

Well to be fair the producers aren't exactly noted for looking after contestants. They only care about getting ratings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

emshogan wrote: »
    do you not find the singing in the US one to be very edited?

you're right, it is definitely over edited, but the talent is still supreme, blows XFUK out of the water imo

• Registered Users Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭keps

Totally admitting I was wrong in saying that Frankie would be safe this week.

I can now almost see the unprecendended scenario of Gary voting against him in a 'sing off' tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Frankie murdered yet another song. Surely he will be gone tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

No, Tulisa and Louis put Misha completely on the spot there. It seems like they waited until the live shows to confront her about it, REALLY sly, not giving Misha a chance to give her side of the story or defend herself.

Mischa could have spoken if she wanted, it was like she had nothing to defend.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Janet1986

Could be the editing, i just prefer the USA singers this year ;)

Janet1986 wrote: »

I agree. I can't wait for the USA live shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Nicki123 wrote: »
    Well we can only go on what we hear in this situation but the papers were all reporting that Kellie had to pull her up on her shenanigans last week and it's also been reported that she's been told many time about her attitude towards the other contestants and she blatently ignores it.

You know what, I have zero sympathy for her - I've come across enough bullies in my time to know that sometimes they need to be outed in public because behind closed doors they think they can keep on doing what they've been doing. Bet the bullying stops now.

"It's been reported"? We still don't know that it's fact. It's a singing/talent competition. She is talented, she can sing.

Now don't get me wrong, I have no time for bullying whatsoever. Not at all. However, pulling someone up like that is out of line. It is so degrading, so sly. Just the lowest of the low.

What if she wasn't bullying anyone at all? There are 2 sides to every story. That was just wrong. In my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

According to the link someone put up earlier, Misha was giving out to xfactor workers and the voice coach, and it was bad enough for Kelly to lose the rag, threaten to kick her out and make her apologize to everyone. That was before last saturday, and she's continuing it on with other contestants this week.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement