Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2011 (UK show)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭F-Stop

No love for Misha, but Tulisa basically calling her a bully on live TV in order to try and sway voting and dent her confidence, isn't that... bullying?

Seems to be a lot of contrivance this year, more than before. The ratings are dipping so it seems like a lot of this crap is designed to up the viewership. I hate that they are grooming certain contestants (Frankie and Misha) and ignoring others.

There's some good talent on the show, but they seem to be ignoring it in favour of headline grabbers. The whole remanufacturing manufactured bands, etc. Kind of getting bored with it this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Tandey

Dont know how people can defend a bully, if the claims are true she should be sent home. Obviously this is week 3 or 4 or something and its been going on a while(previous claims) so if she doesn't cop on after been sounded out live on air then she will never learn, its not nice been bullied.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭numbnutz

dee. wrote: »
    numbnutz wrote: »
    Wow .....who's goin to vote for a bully..very low tulisa and Louis

I don't understand why people are saying its low. If this girl is going around bullying other contestants then I think she deserved to be called out on it on stage, might knock her down off her high horse and make her think twice before she starts knocking other people down next time.
    Completely agree with you dee the very low comment was in respect to airing it on tv .....but you know this will get twisted that Louis and tulisa felt threatened ......wouldnt have happened with cowell around

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Kelly's 100% right.

If Tulisa wants to make accusations then she needs to come out and say them so Misha can defend herself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Louis basically confirms Kitty is the target of Mischa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭mr kr0nik

Min wrote: »
    Mischa could have spoken if she wanted, it was like she had nothing to defend.

I'm not defending her here but maybe she didn't want to get into a discussion like that on live TV

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭dee.

Gary saying he doesn't mind Frankie going out 4 nights a week so long as he is delivering....but hes not..at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

Kelly's 100% right.

If Tulisa wants to make accusations then she needs to come out and say them so Misha can defend herself.

Dermot had the mic the her mouth she could if she wanted to!!

Joe is kind of cute.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭keps

Gary says

'they are cooked up in a house'

instead of cooped up

hehehe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I know there are two sides to every story but....

Mischa said in her VT that she is here to win and she seemed quite sure of herself.

Bullying is horrible and ANY accusations should be investigated.

Justask wrote: »
    Dermot had the mic the her mouth she could if she wanted to!!

I'd say she was completely in shock tbh!

Look by no means am I defending bullies, I HATE bullying. But I just think the whole way that it was gone about was really sly.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Nicki123

Novella wrote: »
    "It's been reported"? We still don't know that it's fact. It's a singing/talent competition. She is talented, she can sing.

Now don't get me wrong, I have no time for bullying whatsoever. Not at all. However, pulling someone up like that is out of line. It is so degrading, so sly. Just the lowest of the low.

What if she wasn't bullying anyone at all? There are 2 sides to every story. That was just wrong. In my opinion.

Well we'll have to agree to disagree. The people in this show are young and vulnerable and someone needs to stand up for them and Tulisa did it in a way that brooked no nonsense. If Mischa was accused falsely do you not think she would have responded?

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

Wow, great show tonight, very entertaining with all the bickering among the judges - they obviously took the threat of being axed by Simon seriously :P

So here's my take on all the performances tonight:

Marcus - Nailed it.
    Janet - Tulisa got it absolutely spot on - how the hell was that rock? The original song is, however Janet pretty much ruined it. Bottom 2 tomorrow?
    Craig - Meh.
    The Risk - Meh.
    Frankie - Not too bad actually this week.
    Kitty - Loved her!
    Rhythmix - Wasn't a rock song - but did an OK job. Am a little bit in love with them!!
    Johhny - Brill! Song totally worked for him!
    Mischa - Great performance as per - judging from what Tulisa and Louis said, and the media, needs to be taken down a peg or 2 though.
    Sami - Amazing singer - Gary what's your problem?
    Sophie - Again, like Janet, ruined a proper rock song. Living On A Prayer is a classic - DO NOT MAKE IT INTO A BALLAD :mad:

My predictions for the bottom 2 tomorrow? OK the ones Id LIKE:
    Janet & Frankie

The ones that WILL?
    Frankie & Sophie

lizt wrote: »
    I know there are two sides to every story but....

Mischa said in her VT that she is here to win and she seemed quite sure of herself.

Bullying is horrible and ANY accusations should be investigated.

I agree, the accusations should be investigated, but I think it should have all been done in private. If it turns out Misha IS a bully then I think she should be outed, but to just spring it on her like that in front of 12 million people or so, is very unfair.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭F-Stop

Only the good looking ones get on skype... :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

I'd say she was completely in shock tbh!

Look by no means am I defending bullies, I HATE bullying. But I just think the whole way that it was gone about was really sly.
    It is a game show, it is all about the judges and trying to make the other acts look bad. Doesn't matter if they are all lying. Gary Barlow said he was bullsh*iting about Frankie's performance last week. Just a game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

mr kr0nik wrote: »
    I'm not defending her here but maybe she didn't want to get into a discussion like that on live TV

If one was innocent they would more than likely do so, I don't think the judges were telling lies, Gary and Kelly wanted it all kept quiet, bullies needs to be exposed and this is a public competition, Miscah shouldn't be on it if she can't handle herself properly with other people that she sees as a threat.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Nicki123 wrote: »
    Well we'll have to agree to disagree. The people in this show are young and vulnerable and someone needs to stand up for them and Tulisa did it in a way that brooked no nonsense. If Mischa was accused falsely do you not think she would have responded?

If I was stood up on a stage like that and I knew so many people were watching and I was accused of bullying, I am guessing I would be too stunned to respond. Not to mention embarrassed, hurt, about 2 inches tall.

If a child in a class went to a teacher and said, "X is being mean to me", would you think it was fine for the teacher to stand up in front of the class and say, "Hey everybody, guess who is a bully?"?

I agree, the accusations should be investigated, but I think it should have all been done in private. If it turns out Misha IS a bully then I think she should be outed, but to just spring it on her like that in front of 12 million people or so, is very unfair.

I can see where you're coming from but at the same time we don't know if Tulisa has already raised this issue in private and it hasn't been addressed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

NO!!!!! We protect bullies EVERYWHERE. In schools its covered up in work places it is to. Make a show of bullies is what I think. There is no way they would say what they said unlss they had fact and witness's.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭mr kr0nik

Min wrote: »
    If one was innocent they would more than likely do so, I don't think the judges were telling lies, Gary and Kelly wanted it all kept quiet, bullies needs to be exposed and this is a public competition, Miscah shouldn't be on it if she can't handle herself properly with other people that she sees as a threat.

If she has bullied anyone she show definitely go. This wasn't the way to go about it and it never would have happened this way if Simon was present.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

dee. wrote: »
    Gary saying he doesn't mind Frankie going out 4 nights a week so long as he is delivering....but hes not..at all!

Frankie will be going out again very soon........;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭k4kate

If I was stood up on a stage like that and I knew so many people were watching and I was accused of bullying, I am guessing I would be too stunned to respond. Not to mention embarrassed, hurt, about 2 inches tall.

If a child in a class went to a teacher and said, "X is being mean to me", would you think it was fine for the teacher to stand up in front of the class and say, "Hey everybody, guess who is a bully?"?[/QUOTE]

Good point

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

Calling a young girl a bully in front of millions of people is...bullying.

Justask wrote: »
    NO!!!!! We protect bullies EVERYWHERE. In schools its covered up in work places it is to. Make a show of bullies is what I think. There is no way they would say what they said unlss they had fact and witness's.

How do you know??? :confused: This is X Factor, they have no morals!!!

This mug thing is so played out...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

This is utter ****e right now, what are they doing? This is not entertainment!

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Nicki123

If a child in a class went to a teacher and said, "X is being mean to me", would you think it was fine for the teacher to stand up in front of the class and say, "Hey everybody, guess who is a bully?"?

The point is that Mischa has already been pulled up over her bullying in private and yet she continues to indulge in it. Fair game at this stage to out her on national television. I despise bullys and don't have an ounce of sympathy for them.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't advocate that at all but I (unfortunately) know that bullies NEED to be called out on their actions. School bullying is completely different to what was being discussed tonight.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement