Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2011 (UK show)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Hmm not quite the revelation I was hoping for from Mischa, wonder what she meant about things getting heated. Would love to be a fly on the wall in the X Factor corridors and house.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,279 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Jesus is it just me or has Janet suddenly become waaaay more confident In the space of a week!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

Exactly to that poster above about the old woman being bullied. If we are really honest and critical of ourselves, we are watching a show that openly condones bullying mentally ill people for entertainment in the early stages...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

Sophie is stunning

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

No, Tulisa and Louis put Misha completely on the spot there. It seems like they waited until the live shows to confront her about it, REALLY sly, not giving Misha a chance to give her side of the story or defend herself.

Hopefully we'll learn more in Xtra Factor.

Cheryl Cole did the same thing to Wagner last year by pulling him up onstage about his alleged comments about her coming from a council estate. The difference between Wagner and Misha is that Wagner immediately explained where he was coming from and put Cheryl in her place. If I was onstage and accused of bullying of other contestants, I would fight my corner if I thought I was being wrongly accused. Misha said nothing which to me speaks volumes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Justask wrote: »
    See you for who you are???.. Yes.'Arogant'

I don't think she's arrogant. She's confident, there's a difference. She has a right to be confident because she's a great singer, there's nothing wrong with that. Frankie is arrogant, because he's completely cocky when he doesn't have a right to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

No denial from Mischa there I noticed. She looks so fake when pretending to be interested in what the other girls are saying and looks rediculously up herself. Disgraceful, if there were more instances of bullying to follow in the coming week I would hope the producers wouldn't hesitate to send her home. Bullying is uncalled for in any instance and is just wrong plain and simple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

Min wrote: »
    Mischa said there are two sides to every story, yet didn't deny she bullied others.

3 sides to every story as they say. Your side, My side and the truth.

leahyl wrote: »
    Jesus is it just me or has Janet suddenly become waaaay more confident In the space of a week!

Yeah all seems a bit suspicious!

I don't think she's arrogant. She's confident, there's a difference. She has a right to be confident because she's a great singer, there's nothing wrong with that. Frankie is arrogant, because he's completely cocky when he doesn't have a right to be.

I think we will agree to disagree on this one :)

IMO someone who thinks they have won a show like this already is arrogant

• Advertisement

egan2020 wrote: »
    Cheryl Cole did the same thing to Wagner last year by pulling him up onstage about his alleged comments about her coming from a council estate. The difference between Wagner and Misha is that Wagner immediately explained where he was coming from and put Cheryl in her place. If I was onstage and accused of bullying of other contestants, I would fight my corner if I thought I was being wrongly accused. Misha said nothing which to me speaks volumes.

You're right. But the thing is, everyone reacts differently to situations. She could have been absolutely floored by those comments and not known what to say.

I know it sounds like I'm condoning bullying...I'm absolutely not!!! I just want to reserve judgment until we know the full story.

Yeah all seems a bit suspicious!

Esp when she was talking to the press earlier I was like WTF! This is NOT the sweet and innocent Janet we see on stage!

I think we will agree to disagree on this one :)

IMO someone who thinks they have won a show like this already is arrogant

I don't get the impression she thinks she's already won...I get the impression she thinks she CAN win, and I don't see that as a problem, why shouldn't she!

But yeah I'm not going to argue it to the death with you :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭dee.

Skipping the rest of the Xtra Factor tonight, its really boring this year, never thought i'd miss Konnie! See you folks tomorrow night for the results (and Kelly Clarkson :D)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

cgpg5 wrote: »
    No denial from Mischa there I noticed. She looks so fake when pretending to be interested in what the other girls are saying and looks rediculously up herself. Disgraceful, if there were more instances of bullying to follow in the coming week I would hope the producers wouldn't hesitate to send her home. Bullying is uncalled for in any instance and is just wrong plain and simple.

Because she is set such a good example by Gary? 'Where did you get that suit - Argos'. to johnny. 'yes because we all know Louis takes bad acts and makes them worse' to louis. Is that bullying?

To me it looks like Frankie is bored with the whole thing :confused:

Frankie...now THERE'S arrogance!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Janet isn't shy now? This series gets odder by the minute.

To me it looks like Frankie is bored with the whole thing :confused:

Or hungover! :-P

Everytime Marcus talks and smiles I just want to give him a massive cuddle :o I want him to be my friend!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

I think this black scouser lad will win.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭keps

totally off topic but I'm on th boards photo site as well- do you like my photo
    Purple Rain?

325925D9F7D7412EB6E90BC912BB6D49-0000337703-0002330912-00800L-BFB6D72DC94A4048A4A668230AFDB24D.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Finally finished watching the recording of it.
    Was it supposed to be ballad week or rock week? :rolleyes:

At least Marcus, Frankie, Kitty, Misha and Johnny actually did the theme justice.
    What a snorefest, the bitchy comments were more entertaining than the show.
    Johnny and Marcus were by far the best.... oh and Misha but I just can't warm to her.

Don't particularly care who gets knocked out and who goes through. The show has been a snorefest this year. :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

I thought it was confidence till the story came out about the crew claiming that the she’s told people that she’s ‘already won’ the show - and the fact that she criticised vocal coach Anne-Marie Speed and some of the production staff isn't confidence, it is arrogance. I do agree with you about Frankie

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Esp when she was talking to the press earlier I was like WTF! This is NOT the sweet and innocent Janet we see on stage!

I kinda liked her talking to the press. Tbh, while I am quite a Janet fan, her performances, to me, have been a bit 'samesie'. I like that we're getting a bit of a different side to her, I just hopes she brings it on to the stage too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Because she is set such a good example by Gary? 'Where did you get that suit - Argos'. to johnny. 'yes because we all know Louis takes bad acts and makes them worse' to louis. Is that bullying?

No it's not bullying. Mischa apparently did it all behind the scenes where there are no cameras and she is clearly making life miserable for certain contestants in a very malicious way. Gary simply made a humourous comment to Johnny with no malice attached and he had a laugh with him after. Just a bit of banter between the two. I'm sure Gary and Louis are the best of friends behind the scenes, Gary is just stirring it to play up to cameras. What Mischa is doing is where no-one can see and has clearly hurt Tulisa and Louis. There is no comparison between Gary and Mischa so grow up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Exactly to that poster above about the old woman being bullied. If we are really honest and critical of ourselves, we are watching a show that openly condones bullying mentally ill people for entertainment in the early stages...

The best post ever on an x factor thread! They put 16 acts thru to live shows and a dozen of then are being totally manipulated and played with all along. Not only that but they send 32 acts to judges houses already knowing exactly who their final 16 would be. And they bring 250 odd acts to bootcamp having a pretty good idea who the 32 will be - and pretending to make decisions as they go along.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

keps wrote: »
    totally off topic but I'm on th boards photo site as well- do you like my photo
    Purple Rain?

[pic]

pepper rain? :p

I thought it was confidence till the story came out about the crew claiming that the she’s told people that she’s ‘already won’ the show - and the fact that she criticised vocal coach Anne-Marie Speed and some of the production staff isn't confidence, it is arrogance. I do agree with you about Frankie

I actually didn't read that story about what she said to the crew. If it is true then yeah, that makes me thing differently of her. Maybe X Factor isn't for her.

That girl from Rhythmix who was eating the biscuits is so pretty!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

Simon must be livid!Worst set of contestants ever. Judges have to create controversy to make them interesting. I don't like Kitty's personality but think she is going to show the others up in her stage presence and voice. I know Johnny is someone who would be hard to take serious but he has a good and IMO versatile voice. Poor Sami doesn't stand a chance cos Louis will never give her a good song. Frankie..everyone,even Gary Barlow knows he's ****e. Micha,I'd believe she would have an attitude.Like Craig but he needs to do something different. Thought Marcus was good tonight. Love the risk Don't think the other girl band is great.Liked Sophie in the beginning but thinking I was wrong.Unimpressed in general..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement