Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2011 (UK show)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

My order tonight

1 The Risk (love them!!)
    2. Rhythmix (great energy and very positive)
    3.Micha B (she has a great stage presence. Based on her performance and nothing else. I hope she's not bullying the other candidates but if she is I think outing a bully like that is the wrong way to deal with bullying. It could all go so horribly wrong if it has been misunderstood. I have seen bullies twist the situation and often bullies make out that they are the victim. It is the worst form of bullying but it often happens. So I think it should be dealt with discreetly.)
    4. Johnny (hard song to sing)
    5. Frankie (I don't like him at all but he did what he set out to do very well)

The rest were forgetteable.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭keps

just show how quick the tabloids roll in

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/x_factor/3888271/Misha-B-in-X-Factor-bully-storm.html

this one has legs for as somebody said what Tulisa and Louis did in front of 11m people was a form of bullying

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭darlett

lizt wrote: »
    Tbh it might put people off voting for Tulisa's acts so I don't really see how it was a cheap trick.

I believe between Tulisa and Louis they have used the allegations of bullying to reduce the popularity of arguably the strongest voice, there-by increasing their chance of winning. That will work to a large degree. It might as you point out have the much unwanted side-effect of putting people off Tulisa's act. If it does then I would call it a misjudged ambush. (Irrelevant perhaps but I think both her acts were watery. To be fair several acts were, rock did not suit pop wannabes tonight)

I get the point its more effective to expose bullying if its continues after a confrontation but I dont think Tulisa or Louis ever spoke to her in private about that, they waited til tonight. How cheap was that? They actually let this bullying go on during the week saving it up for tv. Not cool.

What do we know? Words were exchanged? They are in the house a short time and have a slagging match...emm happens. Shes got an attitude that shes 'in it to win it'? Umm yeah thats ok with me too. I'm afraid I need to hear more before I call Misha a Bully or else that noun loses any real meaning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

Frankie...now THERE'S arrogance!!!

He is a bag of steaming turd and he has hair like a dead crow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

The only part of that I was actually able to pay attention to was Louis saying that one of his acts has been complaining about Misha. OH SNAP

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Also I just found out that the tattoo you can see when Tulisa does her arm salute says 'The Female Boss'. Eww.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

Digital Spy are doing a poll as who was the best doing rock night. So far, Johnny is leading with Kitty following close behind. Frankie has the least votes so far :D

frankie was 7/1 to eliminated on Betfair this morning

he is now hot favourite to go at even money

I somehow feel we might see a first ever - with gary voting against his own act after the sing off

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

oh my god I hate Frankie so much. He is properly the worst contestant in the history of the X Factor. No talent, ugly, obnoxious little git.

I actually don't really mind Kitty as much as I did, seems like she's toned the desperation down a bit.

Tulisa needs to do a bit of googling and find out what 'rock' is. Kesha and gnarls barkley? Ffs!

<3 Johnny and Marcus, but I don't think Marcus was great tonight.

Sophie looked extremely hot tonight, and Janet had a crappy attitude, with Dermot and with those journos.

I missed the Mischa thing! I was watching so I dunno how I missed it but I did. The face on Mischa after she finished sinnging though! Smile love!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

darlett wrote: »
    Tbh it might put people off voting for Tulisa's acts so I don't really see how it was a cheap trick.

I believe between Tulisa and Louis they have used the allegations of bullying to reduce the popularity of arguably the strongest voice, there-by increasing their chance of winning. That will work to a large degree. It might as you point out have the much unwanted side-effect of putting people off Tulisa's act. If it does then I would call it a misjudged ambush. (Irrelevant perhaps but I think both her acts were watery. To be fair several acts were, rock did not suit pop wannabes tonight)

I get the point its more effective to expose bullying if its continues after a confrontation but I dont think Tulisa or Louis ever spoke to her in private about that, they waited til tonight. How cheap was that? They actually let this bullying go on during the week saving it up for tv. Not cool.

What do we know? Words were exchanged? They are in the house a short time and have a slagging match...emm happens. Shes got an attitude that shes 'in it to win it'? Umm yeah thats ok with me too. I'm afraid I need to hear more before I call Misha a Bully or else that noun loses any real meaning.

First of all it has been widely reported that Kelly had to warn her to reign in her attitude and asked her to apologise to members of staff that she had been rude to.

None of us know if Tulisa or Louis have talked to her so perhaps Tulisa felt she had no other option.

Mischa is not the favourite to win it, in fact the risk are the favourites ( or at least they were before tonight's show). If they did this to win then they picked the wrong week as Mischa can work on this for weeks and totally change the public's perception of her. I don't believe that Tulisa would be that stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

keps wrote: »
    just show how quick the tabloids roll in

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/x_factor/3888271/Misha-B-in-X-Factor-bully-storm.html

this one has legs for as somebody said what Tulisa and Louis did in front of 11m people was a form of bullying

Very biased article. From what I can see on twitter there are as many people praising Tulisa as there are deriding her. Of course the sun neglected to mention that, wonder why?

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

From reading comments on the Sun and DM websites, and on the DS forums, it would seem that the opinion on who was at fault, Misha or Tulisa, is split almost 50:50, although mostly favouring Tulisa. It'll be interesting to see how it pans out!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

I came home and watched the rest of the show.
    It didn't surprise me that Misha's behavior was brought up. I myself in this thread have posted links to reports of her previous behaviour to other singers and staff already.
    People are saying that it shouldn't have been brought up - I disagree.
    if she is bullying others - by effect, she is effecting those others and possibly their ability to do their best on stage, while they are on the same stage as her!

A sword swings both ways - and if she don't like or expect a backlash - she shouldn't swing her crap in the first place.

Back to the talent.

First of all, Frankie was yet again utter schite.
    I REALLY can't stand this fcuker - but if he sang at all decently I would say so - but he didn't.
    He's a waste of space and the "O' look, I'm a rocker" video lead into his song was another joke.
    Did the others get a special stage video intro lead? More special treatment for the favoured!

Misha sounded good, credit to her for that.
    Janet as much as I like her and I do, was poor.
    Craig has a good voice but the facial expressions turn me right off him more so every week -which is a pity.
    The girl band Rhythmix sounded ok, nothing spectacular.
    The Risk sounded better than last week but it was obvious they still had harmonisation problems at times.
    Jonny, well he did really well - and again, I just love his comebacks at Gary (who I really hate more so every week)
    Kitty? Ugh! Enough said!
    The chap who was in the death spot (his name escapes me right now) did ok but nothing that makes a person go "wow".

In all,
    1. I just want to see the rid of the piece of schite that is Frankie
    2. Tonight was an utter joke as regards "Rock night" - my arse it was!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,555 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

The rest of them are jealous of Misha cos she is the only talented one there. If she doesnt win there is no justice.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

My sister loves xfactor... I hate it... my parents dont like it either... the sister is a little bit upset that she rarely gets to watch it on the main tv and has to watch it in a bedroom.

Well she doenst pay for the tv so she got told tonight to go to her room to watch it on saorview! :D... I rarely watch the tv even tho im paying for half of it and the one night i fancy watching a bit of tv X Factor is causing a ridiculous row...

If i was able to watch a programme in my room, and the other person could only watch sky in the main living room i would be understanding

Seems like xfactor is a bit of an addiction... just like watching the big football matches is for me.

Considering getting multiroom to avoid these rows.
    Thanks for the update.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

Biggins wrote: »
    I came home and watched the rest of the show.
    It didn't surprise me that Misha's behavior was brought up. I myself in this thread have posted links to reports of her previous behaviour to other singers and staff already.
    People are saying that it shouldn't have been brought up - I disagree.
    if she is bullying others - by effect, she is effecting those others and possibly their ability to do their best on stage, while they are on the same stage as her!

A sword swings both ways - and if she don't like or expect a backlash - she shouldn't swing her crap in the first place.

Came in to post the exact same thing. She shouldn't be doing it in the first place. Those of you saying "Tulisa and Louis are trying to prevent people from voting for her", well she's knocking the confidence of her fellow contestants during the whole week. Who are we to say the contestants she's accused to be bullying are not thinking at the back of their mind "What will Mischa think?" or "What will Mischa say to me now?" before, during and after their song.

If I had a child, I wouldn't want him or her looking up to a recording artist who bullied her way through a competition. Not right at all. Well done Tulisa for bringing this up.

Those who are suggesting it isn't true, Mischa and her family could easily sue the arses of the producers and Tulisa. If there was no foundation to Tulisa's comments then she would never have made them in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Biggins wrote: »
    He's a waste of space and the "O' look, I'm a rocker" video lead into his song was another joke.
    Did the others get a special stage video intro lead? More special treatment for the favoured!

I think Gary is now allowing him to hang himself. Showing the videos of him out on the rip will definitely make the public like him less because they're showing that he's nothing more than a gobby lout.

The rest of them are jealous of Misha cos she is the only talented one there. If she doesnt win there is no justice.

If she doesn't win, it'll be because people don't want to vote for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

Mischa b has a lovely voice but that sneer that she has on her face is going to cost her votes. Also I'd love to cut mankys hair

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Far too much made out of a bullying accusation made on a show that is infact all about bullying people!

If ye wanna take the moral high ground about bullies, try talking about Cowell and the rest of the producers and the judges!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

First post on this thread this year!

Girls:

Janet Devlin - good but in danger of becoming a one trick pony. Didn't like how Frankie was so rude to her in the house footage on the Xtra Factor - although I do think it was a deliberate attempt by the producers to up the ante on his elimination this week.

Sophie Habibis - again in danger of being a balled bore and also seems to be percieved as boring off stage. Too forgettable.

Mischa Bryan - Great voice but the attitude stinks. I don't care how good you are, respect goes a long way in the business and she seems to have pissed a lot of people off already while she is still clinging to the bottom rung on the ladder. As for Tulisa and "bullygate" - while I don't think it was right for Tulisa to bring up the topic live on air when she is meant to be commenting on the performance - if it was a story that appeared in the press midweek - we would all be saying it was for ratings and it didn't really happen - just like the judges "bickering". This way there does appear to be a basis of truth in it. It takes a brave judge to say what Tulisa said and that it can backfire on her.

Boys

Marcus - yeah he's alright but I don't get it. Not my cup of tea.

Craig - really liked him at the start - but the facial gyrations are annoying, reminds me of chavvy Cher last year.

Frankie - awful, awful, awful. What was Gary thinking bringing that walking std to the live shows? John Wilding would have been far better. Everything about the little twerp annoys me - How he looks (dirty and riddled), how he sings (ridiculously bad given the talent left behind) and how he acts (like an auditionee for the Jeremy Kyle show)

Groups

The Risk - not polished enough. Think they may get to the semi final but that's as far as they deserve.

Rhythmix - They're not the worst. They dress terribly though. Hurts my eyes.

Over 30s.

Johnny Robinson. Love him!! He's just too funny. Even if he goes out in the next couple of weeks, he has a career in Panto ahead. While that's not the top of the list for most Xfactor contestants, but put in perspective this guy was unemployed, living in a bedsit in his 40s, it could be the start of a new career for him.

Sami - Has a great voice but is starting to annoy me. She's a bit gobby and I don't think she thinks sometimes before opening her mouth. Didn't like her pop at Louis on the Xtra Factor, if she didn't want to sing the song she didn't have to sing it. Plenty of contestants have changed their songs (Mary last year for one). I thought she sang it really well and Garys comments were just a dig at Louis rather than Sami.

Kitty. I'm starting to really like her!:o. Yes she's nuts, yes she's a drama queen but she can sing and put on a great performance. And I'm starting to find her craziness endearing. Athough my opinion may change over the weeks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

keps wrote: »
    frankie was 7/1 to eliminated on Betfair this morning

he is now hot favourite to go at even money

I somehow feel we might see a first ever - with gary voting against his own act after the sing off

Would be the second time, and it won't happen- especially as he'll probably be up against the "boring" Sami.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

First post on this thread this year!

Girls:

Janet Devlin - good but in danger of becoming a one trick pony. Didn't like how Frankie was so rude to her in the house footage on the Xtra Factor - although I do think it was a deliberate attempt by the producers to up the ante on his elimination this week.

In fairness say what you want about Frankie but that was clearing him taking the mickey out of her, she deserved it anyway he was on the xbox ;-)

Can see Frankie in the bottom 2 tonight, depending on who he's up against I reckon Gary will go against him!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

I did not get to see it I was working, so who put it down, did any act stand out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭k4kate

I did not get to see it I was working, so who put it down, did any act stand out.

Nope. Johnny was entertaining but nobody made me say wow at the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Several contestants from previous years have been quoted as saying louis is the best mentor. As he has the over I doubt they would need as much management as they have all tried to make it in the music business and so are probably more experienced.

As someone said, Westlife split this week. He was basically responsible for their whole career so it's understandable that he had to deal with the split this week.

Gary Barlow is just trying to deflect criticism from himself, the judges all rightly said that he made a balls of his song choices from last week and he has finally realised that Frankie is no where near as popular as he thought he was.

I actually cant believe people here think Louis Walsh is the best mentor on the show. I just cant even be arsed arguing with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

dee. wrote: »
    Gary saying he doesn't mind Frankie going out 4 nights a week so long as he is delivering....but hes not..at all!

Gotta feel sorry for John? From judges houses...how did he not go through?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

I actually cant believe people here think Louis Walsh is the best mentor on the show. I just cant even be arsed arguing with that.

lol so im in the twilight zone and you did not post that reply

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭YumDeiseMum

egan2020 wrote: »
    Cheryl Cole did the same thing to Wagner last year by pulling him up onstage about his alleged comments about her coming from a council estate. The difference between Wagner and Misha is that Wagner immediately explained where he was coming from and put Cheryl in her place. If I was onstage and accused of bullying of other contestants, I would fight my corner if I thought I was being wrongly accused. Misha said nothing which to me speaks volumes.

And least we forget Danyl, also a firm favorite at the start of the lives his year but also knocked down and degraded by bullying allegations.

As much as I dont condone bullying of any kind, what was done to Misha on live tv last night was just bullying of another kind and deliberate sabotage on the part of Tulisa and Louis.

As for Misha not defending herself, Wagner is a grown man with much more life experience. I think any 18 year old would be dumbstruck by what happened.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Look up Kitty, Jonny and Misha's performances on Youtube. The rest, very forgettable.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement