Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2011 (UK show)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Wolflikeme wrote: »
    People aren't allowed to tell other people to shut up? OK then!

Actually AFAIK no, your not. This a forum based on opinion and is not to be taken too seriously, it's is xfactor after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Tandey

Namlub wrote: »
    What do you mean 'condescending'?

Look up the word, im not your dictionary.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Namlub wrote: »
    What do you mean 'condescending'?
    Yeah, I don't think you're using that word right OP.

phasers wrote: »
    Yeah, I don't think you're using that word right OP.

I know i am using the word 100% right based on being in here last night and tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭flatnn

Actually AFAIK no, your not. This a forum based on opinion and is not to be taken too seriously, it's is xfactor after all.

a ban is in order for whoever told me to stfu me thinks :p

• Advertisement

Tandey wrote: »
    I know i am using the word 100% right based on being in here last night and tonight.
    So people are being patronising towards the contestants? How is that possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭mr kr0nik

maybe its the lack of booze in my system but this used to be better craic.

ill see you all next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Okay. I'll eat my words, Kitty does look fairly emotional alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

I didn't ask you what the definition of condescending was, genius. I'm just curious as to how certain posters have been 'condescending' towards acts, I haven't noticed that to be the case and I actually regularly post here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Wolflikeme

But when people say 'shut up' - a lot of the time it doesn't mean they're telling someone not to speak (post). 'Shut up' is usually don't be annoying me type of thing.

I know it's X Factor, but for people who feel strongly about their opinions in general it's hard not to be vocal or passionate, sometimes to a fault.

Also, there seems to be some passive agressive hostility by some posters towards other posters for no apparent reason. I think people should be pulled up on that instead of telling someone to shut up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭flatnn

swingking wrote: »
    You were making comments about Sammi that were very Insulting

I don't think she'll lose any sleep, miss any lunches etc :pac:

tbf she was making ridiculous comments about being held back for being overweight when a big fat girl won it one year(pop idol?) and a fat woman is currently one of the biggest selling acts worldwide(Big Adele) not to mention Big Scary Mary Byrne doing well in pantos and the like here in ireland.

This thread has stopped being fun thanks to certain new elements. I'm out.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

flatnn wrote: »
    there was defo something fishy about it, like it was meant to be done solely on public vote but cowell stepped in with the judges voting last min, can't remember exactly but they did change some rules that night to accomodate keeping Cher in when it seemed like she was going.

I called her big because she is a "larger" lady, her daughter was pretty bad looking too when she was on the show.

Previous years did it on the public vote only for the semi, they didn't do it last year - changed the format for the semi-final well before the semi final. They don't get the voting results until the end of the show so no big conspiracy theory there. Sure there were hundreds of complaints at the time - hear anything about them afterwards - no!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

Why do they talk about the person who has been voted off as if they've died? If they're really that friendly they can stay in touch by phone, fb or whatever and then they can hang out at all the z-celebrity parties when the x-factor is over.

Glad Kitty stayed in but Stop with the crying over Sammi - i don't believe it's genuine

And you thank a post like this? After another poster just asked a question?

Pathetic.

This is what I was talking about in my last post.

And OP, you're not using the word correctly.

Wolflikeme wrote: »
    But when people say 'shut up' - a lot of the time it doesn't mean they're telling someone not to speak (post). 'Shut up' is usually don't be annoying me type of thing.

I know it's X Factor, but for people who feel strongly about their opinions in general it's hard not to be vocal or passionate, sometimes to a fault.

Also, there seems to be some passive agressive hostility by some posters towards other posters for no apparent reason. I think people should be pulled up on that instead of telling someone to shut up.

There is a difference between 'shut up' and stfu in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

yeah you'd like that wouldn't you ;) sorry you'll just have to get your jollies to olly murs tonight bbz.

hahahahaha

im embarassed for you mate!

phasers wrote: »
    This thread has stopped being fun thanks to certain new elements. I'm out.

Right behind you.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Mischa sharp and to the point! "I've been advised to say fúck all!"

Watching the xtrafactor here, I think Mischa B missed several days of school in her youth, wouldn't be the sharpest knife in the drawer.

The more I see of this girl, the more I dislike her.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

I'm outta here - to all the regulars, see you next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭saralou2011

wankie should of should of gone, he's the worse of the lot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

wankie should of should of gone, he's the worse of the lot!

LOL! Love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I don't think she'll lose any sleep, miss any lunches etc :pac:

tbf she was making ridiculous comments about being held back for being overweight when a big fat girl won it one year(pop idol?) and a fat woman is currently one of the biggest selling acts worldwide(Big Adele) not to mention Big Scary Mary Byrne doing well in pantos and the like here in ireland.

Any more fat comments and you'll be taking a break from this forum. You've derailed this thread tonight single handed. Congratulations.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Previous years did it on the public vote only for the semi, they didn't do it last year - changed the format for the semi-final well before the semi final. They don't get the voting results until the end of the show so no big conspiracy theory there. Sure there were hundreds of complaints at the time - hear anything about them afterwards - no!

You don't know when they decide to do anything or when they know the votes. O'Leary was able to tell us tonight at the start of the show that the votes at the bottom were very close. So then when it suits them to, how can they then pretend they don't know anything about the votes til afterwards?

I don't understand why people are pissed off at people slighting reality tv contestants they've never met before confused.gif

It's the case of pot calling the kettle black it seems. I was quite enjoying this thread because of the slagging of the contestants, i wasn't complaining i was just stating something. I found your comment a usual type comment i'd expect on this thread light hearted fun like a lot last night and now people seem all pissed off

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

What happened to the thread? I step away for ten minutes and it almost self destructs! Ah no, seriously, hopefully we can get back to normal next weekend...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

dee. wrote: »
    Fair play to Louis for not bringing it to deadlock, I was sure he would!
    If he was true to his acts he would have let someone else make the decision. Don't mind me I'm just so annoyed that Frankie is there and that I allow a show affect me this much.....

That was REALLY low of Tulisa, what a bitch.
    Mr E wrote: »
    Any more fat comments and you'll be taking a break from this forum. You've derailed this thread tonight single handed. Congratulations.

Can we also ban people who call other people abusive names in general?
    Banter is good here but it goes a bit too far sometimes imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Kelly seems high as a kite :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement