Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2011 (UK show)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Tandey

I really hope Johnny stays in it till the final few weeks at least, he's great craic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Tandey wrote: »
    Can we also ban people who call other people abusive names in general?
    Banter is good here but it goes a bit too far sometimes imo.
    Well next week is going to be fun...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭flatnn

Craig has lyrics from "Sir Duke" by Stevie Wonder(blind singer popular in the 60's) painted on his wall, went up a notch in my estimation for that. that puts him at notch one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

I'm watching the styling crew..Explains a lot!

Namlub wrote: »
    Well next week is going to be fun...

I know its going to be worse than being sober in a nightclub here next week:pac: Pity people started taking the banter seriously, no point picking on just one poster thats the way i see it. Xtra factor is boring atm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I know its going to be worse than being sober in a nightclub here next week:pac: Pity people started taking the banter seriously, no point picking on just one poster thats the way i see it. Xtra factor is boring atm.

When it's one poster trolling the thread then I would have to agree with the mod.

lizt wrote: »
    When it's one poster trolling the thread then I would have to agree with the mod.

Its not really right to curse people out of it either i think you'll agree. As bad as slagging imo. Anyway enough of that though, i think frankie will go next week.

Its not really right to curse people out of it either i think you'll agree. As bad as slagging imo. Anyway enough of that though, i think frankie will go next week.

Can you back up your comments, they are kinda vague. I can't agree when I don't know what you're referring to.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Aaaaaaaaaanyway.

Sami just said that she begged Louis to give her better (ie more modern ones).

She was fantastic in Week 1 with Free. She was stuck in bleeding karaoke world. Louis. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

People need to quit acting like people have insulted their sister rather than complete strangers in another country who'll never read this thread and lighten the foook up!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭flatnn

Openly insulting the contestants is deemed "trolling" :confused: anyway i wont call any of the contestants fat again so surely everything can go back to normal now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

:D

Ahhhh ffs can we keep this thread fun please pretty please :D:D No bitching ;)

Anyway I feel sorry for Sami and everyone spoke highly of her. But Kitty as muc as I dislike her was better on the night

Can you back up your comments, they are kinda vague. I can't agree when I don't know what you're referring to.

Ah now lets stop this and get back to the topic but ive quoted one example a few posts up have a look, post 8764 and 8704 ;)

These guys are good, nice music.

Just heard Kelly Rowland has 'Unfollowed' Tulisa on twitter, this has definitely gotten personal, cant wait for next week now, claws are out:D

Could of course be a publicity stunt though.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭agrif06

Aaaaaaaaaanyway.

She was fantastic in Week 1 with Free. She was stuck in bleeding karaoke world. Louis. :mad:

Didn't she pick the surivival song herself though??

Aaaaaaaaaanyway.

[cynical mode]

I really Really REALLY don't think the "judges" decide all the things they try tell us they decide!

[\cynical mode]

Ah now lets stop this and get back to the topic but ive quoted one example a few posts up have a look, post 8764 and 8704 ;)

These guys are good, nice music.

Don't want to deride the thread any further so this will be my last comment tonight.

This year's thread is very similar to last year's in that we take the piss out of the acts and the judges, it's what makes it fun!

If I feel like I have to monitor my posts to make sure they don't offend anyone then I'm afraid that takes the fun out of it for me and I don't know if I want to post here any more.

Just heard Kelly Rowland has 'Unfollowed' Tulisa on twitter, this has definitely gotten personal, cant wait for next week now, claws are out:D

Could of course be a publicity stunt though.

No it's purely coincidental that this just happened to occur immediately after the show lost 2 million viewers and when everyone said it would probably happen!

Don't want to deride the thread any further so this will be my last comment tonight.

This year's thread is very similar to last year's in that we take the piss out of the acts and the judges, it's what makes it fun!

If I feel like I have to monitor my posts to make sure they don't offend anyone then I'm afraid that takes the fun out of it for me and I don't know if I want to post here any more.

Exactly, look at my post you originally quoted, i said people take the banter too seriously which has derailed this thread a bit.

Anyway, looking forward to next weeks installment of the x factor already.

Laois_Man wrote: »
    No it's purely coincidental that this just happened to occur immediately after the show lost 2 million viewers and when everyone said it would probably happen!

Yeah they couldn't fall out like that over something like the x factor. Sure they are probably having a sleep over as we speak:P

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

I know this is all pretend, but if it were Tulisa and Louis vs Kelly and Garry I know I would vastly prefer to be on the side of Tulisa and Louis, and the people I would rather camp with.

However I've come to believe it's Kelly Rowland who is causing all the "drama". Garry Barlow is quite mean also sometimes, drastically more towards Louis and his acts, however I would like to give him the benefit of the doubt that he believes in his opinions.

Notice also how Kelly puts on this "'hood" attitude sometimes and says "girl!" and she comes off terribly and makes no point... I wonder if Simon heard something about this diva attitude and that's why he thought it'd be fun to throw her in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Better get the hell away from them damn ballads next week they are boring the life out of me.:mad:
    Oh but wait johnny has a slow song next week just remembered snore.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 36,256 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

just one thing to say...

Frankie's a fúcking waste of space, and personifies all that is wrong with modern culture.

i've watched this show more than i should have in the past, and have grossly disliked a lot of contestants, Cher Lloyd being top of that particular list, i've watched some fúcking idiots on the likes of Big Brother and I'm A Celebrity - but this guy overwhelms anything i've ever experienced when i've looked at someone on a TV screen.

he's a buffoon.

whoever is voting for him must have the intelligence of the skidmark on my toilet bowl.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Holy fcuk, I'm kinda glad I wasn't around to post in this thread tonight. Seems like it got totally out of hand.

I mean, I sort of get the emotion. Sometimes I feel like standing up for certain acts or whatever but jeez, I would never want to have a proper bitchfest with another user, or actually offend anyone.

I liked posting here 'cause we all watch X-Factor and it was nice to have people to discuss it with, people who were just as much into as I am. I hope things are back to normal next week.

Anyway, about tonight! I thought Kitty was really great in the sing off even though I wouldn't be a fan and I think Louis made the right decision. Would have liked to see Frankie in the bottom 2 and out though, as opposed to Sami.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

I know Sami had to go sometime - but wold have preferred to have seen Frankie go tonight. IMO, he's a waste of space.

Also - another waste of space , IMO, is the whole Xtra Factor programme. I don't know why I bother to watch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭ff9999

I know Louis Walsh has done his fair share in showbiz 'n all that... but I just can't stand the fella

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭ff9999

Eyepatch wrote: »
    I know Sami had to go sometime - but wold have preferred to have seen Frankie go tonight. IMO, he's a waste of space.

Also - another waste of space , IMO, is the whole Xtra Factor programme. I don't know why I bother to watch it.

I concur. The only reason I seem to be watching it this year is to check Janet Devlin's progress, admire her voice, but X-Factor seems to just be trying to turn her into something she's not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

SlickRic wrote: »
    just one thing to say...

Frankie's a fúcking waste of space, and personifies all that is wrong with modern culture.

i've watched this show more than i should have in the past, and have grossly disliked a lot of contestants, Cher Lloyd being top of that particular list, i've watched some fúcking idiots on the likes of Big Brother and I'm A Celebrity - but this guy overwhelms anything i've ever experienced when i've looked at someone on a TV screen.

he's a buffoon.

whoever is voting for him must have the intelligence of the skidmark on my toilet bowl.
    100% agree. If he could actually sing, it would just about be OK. But the fact he is utter shyte, it isn't a good mix.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,279 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Gary is really getting on my nerves now to be honest - he's such a drip! He has a stern face on him for practically the whole show and what's all this bs about him being head judge? Just because he replaced Simon? I liked him in the auditions stages but now he's just acting a bit too pompous for my liking!

Kelly is beginning to grate a little also - this 'girl from the hood' carry on is a bit much sometimes.

Tulisa - I like her but I think what she did with Misha last Saturday was crossing the line a bit - but she does seem the most genuine of the judges; works hard with her acts.

Louis - well Louis is just Louis - annoying as ever

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

The stylists should be booted off never mind the contestants! :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement