Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2011 (UK show)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Gary: can't stand the smarmy git. Said himself he's willing to lie to millions. Trying too hard to be another Simon. He's not. He's making me turn off.

Kelly: Just bloody annoying, irritating and full of herself.

Tulisa: The impression I get is that she cuts to the chase. Is willing to play the show biz game a bit but beneath it all, she don't take any schite for those around her. I say fair play to her for standing up to a bully! They should be exposed! Fcuk them!

Louis: The ultimate showman? Good background manager but poor TV character.

I was so disgusted that some idiots actually are still voting for that piece of schite on the show that I left the thread here in when I saw he got through yet again.
    Simply un-fcuking believable!
    Those voting for him need a good kick up the fcuking arse!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,256 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

oh, and there's no doubt in my mind that Louis was told in his ear not to bring it to deadlock.

and i reckon it's because it would've meant Kitty leaving.

"i'm not going to cop out and bring it to deadlock?"

fúcking gobshíte.

Gary's the only just about tolerable judge left, but even he is getting on my wick. sometimes he articulates my sentiment on an act perfectly (i.e. Sami or Nu-Vibe), but other times he's as full of shíte as the rest of them.

not one of the acts stand out this year; NOT ONE.

Misha is the only one with any semblance of real star quality, but the problem is, she is is completely dislikeable. i thought she was full of herself before Tulisa's outburst, and that now only confirms it.

it's the worst quality of series in a long time IMO.

SlickRic wrote: »
    oh, and there's no doubt in my mind that Louis was told in his ear not to bring it to deadlock.

Same here!
    Why they want to keep botoxed forehead ugly woman in, is beyond me!
    When the votes come out after the final show, it will be interesting to see who got the most actual public votes, Sammi or Kitty!
    I suspect Sammi - and yet again I suspect (like Cher Lloyd and Mary Byrne last year, when their vote-off arose previously) the judges had been tipped off and told who to keep in!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭RonBo88

The only good thing about x factor this weekend was the bruno mars performance last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

How can that Frankie thing still be there doubt i,ll watch it next week to see that intolerable git probaly being put on by producers doh...In all honesty its the worst year i,ve seen yet and maybe a very small maybe Misha would be the only one that would make the USA live show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

Biggins wrote: »

Obviously getting in there before victims of her past bullying do.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

egan2020 wrote: »
    Obviously getting in there before victims of her past bullying do.

Exactly, it's damage control. The girl is what 17? And she is saying she used to be a bully when she was 15? Give me a break.

Anyway, I was thinking this morning about the whole Frankie VT and attitude this week and I have come to the conclusion that either the producers are geniuses and know exactly how to play up the whole "bad boy" thing to get him through or more likely the voting public are pure morons and the producers were hanging him out to dry hoping he'd be sent home this week. take the boos on Sunday night for example.

I have to say I have never disliked a contestant more. And this includes the likes of Cher and Dianna Vickers.

I have decided that when Johnny goes I'm out.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,463 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Does Frankie think he is Pete Doherty :rolleyes:

Lulu should have taken it to deadlock :mad:

I do believe Misha is a bully backstage she didnt defend herself once and comes across very cocky and arrogant (cant stand her myself) and I bet she knows whether she wins or not she already has a record deal

ziedth wrote: »

Me too* although I'm starting to warm to Kitty so might hang on for her if she lasts longer than Johnny. I didn't like Kitty at the start but soon realised that it was obvious that she was being set up to be this year's Katie Weasel and we were supposed to not like her. Thing is she can really sing and I don't see any nastiness in her like previous unlikeables like Cher Lloyd and Katie W.

*I say this every year but will undoubtedly watch the show to the end and complain about it the whole way through :D

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Lulu should have taken it to deadlock :mad:

Just curious as to why you think this. Do you believe that Sami would have received more votes than Kitty and would still be in the competition?

• Advertisement

Just curious as to why you think this. Do you believe that Sami would have received more votes than Kitty and would still be in the competition?

Yes I believe she probably did and considering both were his acts it would have been fairer

I think Sami was more likeable than Kitty

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Yes I believe she probably did and considering both were his acts it would have been fairer

I think Sami was more likeable than Kitty

Sami is possibly more likeable and probably has a better voice but Kitty has shown a lot more versatility, she is a lot more "current" (yes I hate myself for using that term!) and she's just far more interesting than Sami.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

ziedth wrote: »

y'kno i was about to say "excellent stuff, you'll be around til the final!", but the way this show is going, it's getting harder to predict the final three.

i thought for sure it'd be kitty, sammi and johnny in the final (i know, they're all in the overs category, and i've no great love for any of them but i was trying to be realistic), but the bottom two last night was a bit of a surprise, made me wonder are younger people actually buying into the drivel that producers are churning out (i STILL think the whole misha fiasco was contrived, as is much of the judges in-fighting), and are they voting for the unders categories as some kind of "stick that in yer pipe" effort?

for me anyway the contrived dramas this year have so far overshadowed what used to be a show more about the contestants singing ability, which is a real shame. can see this year being the last series as the american x factor takes off... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I bet she knows whether she wins or not she already has a record deal

TBH I wouldn't count on that.

Sami is possibly more likeable and probably has a better voice but Kitty has shown a lot more versatility, she is a lot more "current" (yes I hate myself for using that term!) and she's just far more interesting than Sami.

She's a Gaga wannabe

I will see the show to the end this year but after this year, I'm out too.
    Too many goings on - front stage and back , too many lies, too many antics, to many thugs and drama queens - and most of all feck all real talent, to be replaced by choruses covering singers too many schite notes, auto-tuning, flashes and dancing. All window-dressing to cover for lack of raw talent in 99% of contestants.

TBH I wouldn't count on that.

I can't see any of them getting record deals, including whoever wins it!

She's a Gaga wannabe

Maybe so, but it's a hell of a lot more exciting than being a cruise-ship singer wannabe :pac:

Biggins wrote: »
    I will see the show to the end this year but after this year, I'm out too.
    Too many goings on - front stage and back , too many lies, too many antics, to many thugs and drama queens - and most of all feck all real talent, to be replaced by choruses covering singers too many schite notes, auto-tuning, flashes and dancing. All window-dressing to cover for lack of raw talent in 99% of contestants.

This is undoubtedly the problem this year. There's been drama every year, whether it be bitching between judges or contestants or sob stories and a few controversial decisions thrown in. But other years had talent thrown in so it was easier to put up with the other schite going on.

I think the producers got carried away with the whole drama aspect of the show and thought the public wouldn't mind if they were bored to tears watching the actual competitors. Cheryl Cole started this crap last year by choosing not to pick Gamu and instead choosing to pick Cher Lloyd and Katie Weasel. Had either of them won the competition, there could have been an argument that she knew they had the talent to win but they got no where near it.

I haven't really enjoyed watching the actual competitors in Xfactor since the year Alexandra Burke, JLS, Danyl, Ruth L & co were in it. Most of the contestants that year were really talented and it was hard to call who would take the crown right up until the very end.

I didn't watch American Idol when it was on but I assume that ratings dropped because people were sick of the same crap week in week out and it was ultimately axed and replaced by Xfactor USA?

American Idol hasn't been axed, it's 11th series is going to be starting early next year. Simon Cowell brought X Factor to America as competition for Idol.

• Advertisement

This is undoubtedly the problem this year. There's been drama every year, whether it be bitching between judges or contestants or sob stories and a few controversial decisions thrown in. But other years had talent thrown in so it was easier to put up with the other schite going on.

I think the producers got carried away with the whole drama aspect of the show and thought the public wouldn't mind if they were bored to tears watching the actual competitors. Cheryl Cole started this crap last year by choosing not to pick Gamu and instead choosing to pick Cher Lloyd and Katie Weasel. Had either of them won the competition, there could have been an argument that she knew they had the talent to win but they got no where near it.

I haven't really enjoyed watching the actual competitors in Xfactor since the year Alexandra Burke, JLS, Danyl, Ruth L & co were in it. Most of the contestants that year were really talented and it was hard to call who would take the crown right up until the very end.

I didn't watch American Idol when it was on but I assume that ratings dropped because people were sick of the same crap week in week out and it was ultimately axed and replaced by Xfactor USA?

American Idol wasnt axed it is still on, X Factor USA hasnt got ratings close to American Idol's ones yet

Having seen that piece of scruffy, long haired crap still be voted in on the show and having watch the X-Factor from early beginnings, I'm out too like the already three million this year that have stopped watching.

As said already, too many goings on - front stage and back , too many lies, too many suspicious judge voting antics, too many on stage scruffy thugs and drama queens - and most of all feck all real talent, to be replaced by choruses covering singers too many schite notes, auto-tuning, stage flashes and dancing, rotten make-up, hair-do's and awful clothing making some of them look like prostitutes. All window-dressing to cover for lack of raw talent in 99% of contestants.

Sad to say, this show's day is over. Simon and the producers has lost sight of whats really important - the need for raw talent - not funny characters, not 40 minutes of advertising as well as constant sponsorship promotions as well as more advert ways by phone voting to get money in competitions and on and on...

Simon can sack all he wants and window-dress around the issue but the underlying talent just is not there - so I'm out.

American Idol hasn't been axed, it's 11th series is going to be starting early next year. Simon Cowell brought X Factor to America as competition for Idol.

I thought one was replacing the other. Also, I depend on my mother to keep me updated on the American shows and I don't remember getting Idol updates ths year. She's really into the US xfactor this year - doesn't have much interest in the UK one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

My take on it is this:

Louis didn't bring it to deadlock because Sami was mouthing off about the song and how much she didn't want to do it - She is very capable of foot in mouth syndrome is Sami - for some reason as well, as Dermot pointed out, when she finished singing on Saturday she didn't look at her mentor Louis, but instead at Gary, who tore her performance to pieces, and she just kissed his ass! "Y'know I love you Gary". Then on Xtra factor she slates Louis again for the song choice! Louis was basically telling her who's boss. He always says Kitty gives 110% and would never show Louis up the way Sami did.

As for the voting - Last week Manky Frankie was in the bottom two, so there was a flurry of votes for him this week from his "fanbase". Kitty - who from the start was branded the Katie Weasel of this year got away with last week so she ends up in the bottom two so her fans have to make sure there's a concerted effort to vote next week. It's not until 5/6 weeks in that the voting kicks in for the singing element, for now I'm sure that the votes are being manipulated for the "characters" that the public feel strongly about. Anything to get the revenue in for ITV/Syco.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭YumDeiseMum

Tandey wrote: »
    Just heard Kelly Rowland has 'Unfollowed' Tulisa on twitter, this has definitely gotten personal, cant wait for next week now, claws are out:D

Could of course be a publicity stunt though.

Nope, they are both still following each other on twitter :D

But you're right next week will be interesting, you could cut the atmosphere betwen them with a knife last night !

Nope, they are both still following each other on twitter :D

But you're right next week will be interesting, you could cut the atmosphere betwen them with a knife last night !

They have apparently been told to find ways to up the ratings so although the Misha bullying might be true, I suspect that the stick over it has/is being deliberately used to a further publicity machine - and no one can play the publicity game than the makers of X-Factor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

:eek: Sami is a lesbian! I never knew that..

Also apparently Sami was being bullied by Misha, not Kitty..

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    :eek: Sami is a lesbian! I never knew that..

Also apparently Sami was being bullied by Misha, not Kitty..

According to an interview with Sami on Digitalspy, she got on well with Misha and wasn't bullied by her.

According to an interview with Sami on Digitalspy, she got on well with Misha and wasn't bullied by her.

I don't know whats 100% true or false anymore with this program.
    You have to remember that all of them (so far) will still be on the tour where they get paid on average 700+ a day.
    So each could be playing 'nice' to a certain extent to (understandably) get as much as they can while the 'iron is still hot'.
    Add to that any marketing promotions, shop openings etc and/or other opportunistic money making possibilities "Syco" might put their way while relatively still in their good books, I'm a skeptic as to what everyone says is 100% true.

• Advertisement

I remember reading that Kitty Brucknell was suppose to be bullying Janet Devlin and fighting with or bullying Johnny Robinson

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement