Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2011 (UK show)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

Biggins wrote: »
    I don't know whats 100% true or false anymore with this program.

Agree, apart from the undisputed fact that there's fcuk all talent this year. To be honest, each week I'm getting a bit more offended by fact that we're supposed to believe all the crap that's being fed to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

egan2020 wrote: »
    Agree, apart from the undisputed fact that there's fcuk all talent this year. To be honest, each week I'm getting a bit more offended by fact that we're supposed to believe all the crap that's being fed to us.

Dont think they care if people believe it or not - sells papers!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,463 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Some loud boos for Frankie and Lulu last weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

I don't know whats 100% true or false anymore with this program.
    You have to remember that all of them (so far) will still be on the tour where they get paid on average 700+ a day.
    So each could be playing 'nice' to a certain extent to (understandably) get as much as they can while the 'iron is still hot'.
    Add to that any marketing promotions, shop openings etc and/or other opportunistic money making possibilities "Syco" might put their way while relatively still in their good books, I'm a skeptic as to what everyone says is 100% true.

echoes my sentiments exactly, its just NOT as enjoyable this season as it used be in previous seasons, perhaps that too is down to the way they changed not only the judges but also the whole format of the show in general and then also the absolutely ridiculous amount of ad breaks this year. the only thing the adverts are good for is giving me time to catch up on the posts in this thread and all i can do is thank the posts i agree with because im too slow a typist to post what im thinking at the time, usually someone else says it before me, and Biggins for me has been pretty much spot on so far, have to say you were badly missed the other night Biggins as this thread turned into an awful train wreck and the regulars exited the thread in droves, but hopefully that was only a one off after the whole bullygate thing, *crosses fingers*... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

The Irish have a tendency to be like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Giruilla

Gary Barlow is just hideous... don't think I've ever seen anyone more smug on tv.

Tulisa is the only watchable person on the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭ff9999

Do you think maybe this year the winner of the X Factor won't make the Christmas #1 :eek: I would welcome that! Although I liked Matt Cardle

#1's in Ireland at Christmas 2006-2010

2006 Leona Lewis "A Moment Like This"
    2007 Leon Jackson "When You Believe"
    2008 Alexandra Burke "Hallelujah"
    2009 Joe McElderry "The Climb"
    2010 Matt Cardle "When We Collide"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Sergio

This show is finally been seen for the crap that it really is.I for one am thrilled with all the negativity and drop in tv rating for this show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

ff9999 wrote: »
    Do you think maybe this year the winner of the X Factor won't make the Christmas #1 :eek: I would welcome that! Although I liked Matt Cardle

#1's in Ireland at Christmas 2006-2010

2006 Leona Lewis "A Moment Like This"
    2007 Leon Jackson "When You Believe"
    2008 Alexandra Burke "Hallelujah"
    2009 Joe McElderry "The Climb"
    2010 Matt Cardle "When We Collide"

i hear theres some sort of a "campaign" starting again this year on facebook to get some nirvana song to number 1, same ridiculous effort as last year seeing as nirvana were signed to sony which simon cowell also has a stake in, so im really questioning the whole motivation behind these "campaigns" as the only one who is ACTUALLY benefitting is simon cowell either way, so again the cynic in me says "is this another way to spur on x factor fans to spend their cash on whoever, and non x factor fans to spend THEIR cash on whoever, because it's all really going into the one pocket?"... genius marketing strategy to contrive some sort of fake "war" between fans... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭BlackBlade

xsiborg wrote: »
    i hear theres some sort of a "campaign" starting again this year on facebook to get some nirvana song to number 1, same ridiculous effort as last year seeing as nirvana were signed to sony which simon cowell also has a stake in, so im really questioning the whole motivation behind these "campaigns" as the only one who is ACTUALLY benefitting is simon cowell either way, so again the cynic in me says "is this another way to spur on x factor fans to spend their cash on whoever, and non x factor fans to spend THEIR cash on whoever, because it's all really going into the one pocket?"... genius marketing strategy to contrive some sort of fake "war" between fans... :o

start a campaign to get joe dolan to number 1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭jaffa20

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

jaffa20 wrote: »

The title of that song might say it all about the show at this stage!
    Is she quietly trying to tell us all something? Hint-hint?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

Colinboy wrote: »
    This show is finally been seen for the crap that it really is.I for one am thrilled with all the negativity and drop in tv rating for this show.

Then why the hell are you commenting here? What a stupid thing to be thrilled about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

Kitty is starting to grow on me I liked her the other night but the gary Barlow is so smug he is really annoying me

I saw some USA x factor the other night and I thoughts the acts they havefir there live shows were miles ahead of the uk .

I saw some USA x factor the other night and I thoughts the acts they havefir there live shows were miles ahead of the uk .

That they will be better is obvious from population size and has been observed for years in American Idol and Simon has even said it a few times on X Factor UK before, so I don't know why I see people stating that here. A very big part of it is due to the fact that they have about 3 times the population size or more, so you would expect the top 9 acts in the US to be about as good as the top 3 in the UK.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

That they will be better is obvious from population size and has been observed for years in American Idol and Simon has even said it a few times on X Factor UK before, so I don't know why I see people stating that here. A very big part of it is due to the fact that they have about 3 times the population size or more, so you would expect the top 9 acts in the US to be about as good as the top 3 in the UK.

There is some truth in what you say but if going by those rough same figures, that would allow for three times the bad singers, wackos and 'colorful' characters getting through as well - would it not?
    Has that happened? No!
    Why? Because the selection process was FAR, FAR better in the US and done a lot more professionally than by the shower of judges that is in the UK!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

Just curious as to why you think this. Do you believe that Sami would have received more votes than Kitty and would still be in the competition?
    If your mentor doesn't back you then who the hell will!He had the chance to support both his acts and let the public make the decision..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Sergio

Then why the hell are you commenting here? What a stupid thing to be thrilled about.

How is it stupid to be thrilled about it???????The show has gone down the toilet this year and anyone i talk to agrees with me,its all over the bloody news and in the media :rolleyes:
    The show is all about drama and advertising its like watching an episode of eastenders and the judges are shocking.
    I actually do like the usa version as its more about the talent than the dramatics around the judges.

I'm disappointed this year because(1) Not a very big "going out on Sat night person" so love when this show comes back on as after hard working week I look forward to takeaway wine and Pj's and X Factor and (2) Know friends and family with kids who actually sit down together and all enjoy watching the show making it a great Sat night activity for families. Thats why it's sad to see it so bad this year that so many people are saying they don't want to watch anymore..

There is some truth in what you say but if going by those rough same figures, that would allow for three times the bad singers, wackos and 'colorful' characters getting through as well - would it not?
    Has that happened? No!
    Why? Because the selection process was FAR, FAR better in the US and done a lot more professionally than by the shower of judges that is in the UK!

Who are the wackos and 'colorful' characters? There isn't any Wagner, Jedward and there isn't that Tai Chi Asian woman despite Louis' best efforts (she kicked herself out rolleyes.gif). So to be honest I don't know what you mean by "colourful characters". I hope you don't think Johnny is one because even though he looks a little odd and is a bit camp, he is a good singer and deserves to be there. Admittedly, maybe Johnny should have been kicked out by now ahead of Sami, however it's not the judges fault that the voters didn't choose that. Kitty is also a really high quality singer. Frankie is more or less the only colourful lamer left.
    jluv wrote: »
    If your mentor doesn't back you then who the hell will!He had the chance to support both his acts and let the public make the decision..

The judge is supposed to give his honest opinion on who should stay. I really dislike it when they say "I'll let the public decide", they should give their honest opinion like they're supposed to. Of course, it is assumed they will vote for their own acts against other ones.

It's like let's say you watch a movie (bear with me) and you think it's worth a 7. Much to your shock you see it being only a 3.5 on a site. Should you give it a 10 then to try to slant the vote towards what you think it should be? No, you should give it a 7, as your honest opinion of it.
    Colinboy wrote: »
    How is it stupid to be thrilled about it???????The show has gone down the toilet this year and anyone i talk to agrees with me,its all over the bloody news and in the media rolleyes.gif
    The show is all about drama and advertising its like watching an episode of eastenders and the judges are shocking.
    I actually do like the usa version as its more about the talent than the dramatics around the judges.

It is stupid to be thrilled about it. X Factor fans, including me, are either a little sad or don't care that their show isn't as good this year and isn't doing as well this year. Being thrilled about it is not a valid reaction to have, why should you care about what other people like to watch? Why should it make you happy?

I agree with a lot of the negative stuff they're saying the media, the acts and show aren't quite as good this year as other ones. Normal people don't have that reaction to it that you have. Why would you be thrilled that a show isn't doing so well? It's a perverse mentality.

• Advertisement

The judge is supposed to give his honest opinion on who should stay. I really dislike it when they say "I'll let the public decide", they should give their honest opinion like they're supposed to. Of course, it is assumed they will vote for their own acts against other ones.

It's like let's say you watch a movie (bear with me) and you think it's worth a 7. Much to your shock you see it being only a 3.5 on a site. Should you give it a 10 then to try to slant the vote towards what you think it should be? No, you should give it a 7, as your honest opinion of it.

Yeah get what you are saying. If any of his acts had been really bad and deserved to be in the bottom 2 then yes,vote that person off but in the circumstances,there were acts who they were better than so I just feel he should have been supportive. Others have pointed out tho that Sami had critisized the song choice so guess he may have reacted to this. Still not happy with Louis..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭keps

what an unfair comment

It is totally a legitimate comment to make - most of us are here because at one stage or another we liked the product 'X Factor'

Most of us have not changed

We are same the people who cheered when Leona said ' Ladies and gentlemen - Take That'.

We are the same people who wondered whether Mary Byrne was really any good or were we being over supportive as Irish people

We are the same people who cringed at being represented by Jedward - but then kinda warmed to them in a strange type of way

We are the same people who have seen this once 'intersting to watch show' being dragged to gutter level in terms of talent and lately just aimed at appeasing and getting headlines in the red top Tabloid newspapars.

'Dad tells of 67 girls bedded by Frankie'

We as people who watch and possibly vote ( and are put through up to 35 mins of ads/promotions per night) have total right to say we believe the producers are destroying what once was a decent show.

A show most of us liked

Anyway it's a dead format

If BBC decided to put Strictly up against it - it would be end of the line.

And once 'The Voice 'starts next year - ITV will close X Factor down

And don't forget Simon's X factor is floundering in the US with average ratings at 60% below average 'Idol' viewership.

His Red or Black show which ITV purchased from him for zillions of pounds died the death of deaths and will never be seen again

Simon's midas touch has deserted him as his greed for more bucks took hold.

and as he needed his forehead to be less furrowed:)

keps wrote: »
    what an unfair comment

It is totally a legitimate comment to make - most of us are here because at one stage or another we liked the product 'X Factor'

Most of us have not changed

We are same the people who cheered when Leona said ' Ladies and gentlemen - Take That'.

We are the same people who wondered whether Mary Byrne was really any good or were we being over supportive as Irish people

We are the same people who cringed at being represented by Jedward - but then kinda warmed to them in a strange type of way

We are the same people who have seen this once 'intersting to watch show' being dragged to gutter level in terms of talent and lately just aimed at appeasing and getting headlines in the red top Tabloid newspapars.

'Dad tells of 67 girls bedded by Frankie'

We as people who watch and possibly vote ( and are put through up to 35 mins of ads/promotions per night) have total right to say we believe the producers are destroying what once was a decent show.

A show most of us liked

Anyway it's a dead format

If BBC decided to put Strictly up against it - it would be end of the line.

And once 'The Voice 'starts next year - ITV will close X Factor down

I have no clue what you're talking about. For one not everyone here watched the X-Factor every year year in year out and then suddenly decide after this year to quit. It doesn't work like that. Not unless you're the sheepiest of sheep in terms of tv. Also I never "warmed to Jedward", what a load of aul' codswallop (your post).

And secondly, how is this supposed to contradict anything I said? I didn't say the X-Factor had a very bright future ahead of it, I would not predict that right now. I said it was a bizarre reaction to be "thrilled" that the show isn't doing as well this year.

Well just to say I am also totally thrilled that the show is not doing well this year because if it was doing well that would only
    tell ITV that what they have done and are continuing to do is right.

By not being thrilled and dropping viewership -we might just change their minds in terms of the direction the show
    is taking and maybe convince them to avoidsome things like

- takeing all the talented people out early on.
    - presenting the viewers with sob stories/ and 'large' biscuit factory worker etc( no offence to craig - just the easy option type story for XF)
    -tattoed arses,
    -mad chinese lap dancers
    - mad falsetto voiced male
    - and a collection of morose totally unintesting talentless individuals
    -including those you know you are going to accuse of being a bully later in the show just to get more mad media attention

I Not unless you're the sheepiest of sheep in terms of tv.

I LOVE that phrase I must say (genuinely):)

And it's good to have a bit of banter!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,463 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

More fake drama. Don't believe it for a second.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭k4kate

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Another way of garnering publicity for the show??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

k4kate wrote: »
    Another way of garnering publicity for the show??

But if its in the Sun surely it must be true?? :eek::rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement