Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2011 (UK show)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

That they will be better is obvious from population size and has been observed for years in American Idol and Simon has even said it a few times on X Factor UK before, so I don't know why I see people stating that here. A very big part of it is due to the fact that they have about 3 times the population size or more, so you would expect the top 9 acts in the US to be about as good as the top 3 in the UK.

I stated it because it's a fact . America might have a larger population but the uk still has 50 million odd to pick from . So your argument that the us is better because they have a bigger pool to pick from is rubbish if the uk can't get 12 decent acts from the uk then the show should be cancelled. Even last years acts were a lot more talented than this crowd I can tell you in 12 months time we won't be able to remember one of them

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

I stated it because it's a fact . America might have a larger population but the uk still has 50 million odd to pick from . So your argument that the us is better because they have a bigger pool to pick from is rubbish if the uk can't get 12 decent acts from the uk then the show should be cancelled. Even last years acts were a lot more talented than this crowd I can tell you in 12 months time we won't be able to remember one of them

I like to think that there's some truth in the argument about population. Well that's what I always tell myself when watching Ireland's Got Talent :p

k4kate wrote: »
    Another way of garnering publicity for the show??

Looks like it. She's on a planned trip according to her spokeswoman.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/tv/x-factor/2011/10/25/x-factor-2011-kelly-rowland-la-trip-planned-and-not-down-to-show-rows-says-spokeswoman-115875-23513691/

• Registered Users Posts: 86,463 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Damn I was hoping she was gone for good :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭k4kate

Sun or Mirror, which one likely to be right?:D

• Advertisement

Don't want her back, don't want her back for good:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

as I did say before, Britains got talent is now better than x factor, the comments on here just show how much down the tubes the show has gone, its a fantabulous concoction of pure shiite,

off with their heads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

Don't want her back, don't want her back for good:)

that WAS the weakest link... oops, wrong show, haha ;)

good one though, gary barlow, take that... :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

k4kate wrote: »
    Another way of garnering publicity for the show??

But how would it work? I refuse to believe that producers told her: "hey Kelly, wouldn't it be gas if you pretended to quit the show for a few days and there was this big drama in the tabloids etc.?".

I can understand producers encouraging judges to let rip on each other and riling them up for the purposes of fake drama on screen. However such a scripted walk-out would be tantamount to criminal misleading of viewers. And what about when an aggrieved judge or producer gets fired? Couldn't they then spill the beans about it all?

Come to think of it, it is a little surprising that Louis is still there after all these years.... :P

Also, I'm waiting for this to come in a more reputable publication before I believe for certain that this is true.

*refreshes TV&Showbiz section on the Daily Mail Online*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Dovies wrote: »
    But if its in the Sun surely it must be true?? :eek::rolleyes:

The Daily Mail have the story too but apparently it's a business trip that has been planned for ages.
    It's meant to be about the birth of a star, but the judge's egos always interfere on reality show The X Factor.
    Instead of preparing her trio of girls for the next live show, Kelly Rowland has fled the country after a spectacular fall out with Tulisa Contostavlos.
    The Destiny's Child star is believed to have jetted back to her native USA, leaving Misha B, Janet Devlin and Sophie Habibis to fend for themselves.
    A worried ITV1 source told The Sun yesterday they 'don't know where she is', as pictures of her landing in Los Angeles surfaced today.
    Her flight home came hours after Sunday's tense show, in which she refused to speak to fellow judge Tulisa or even look at the N-Dubz star, 23

Sparks started flying on Saturday night after Tulisa accused Kelly's 19-year-old protégé of stirring trouble backstage, provoking Louis Walsh to call Misha a bully on live television in front of 10 million viewers.
    Yet Walsh apologised on air 24 hours later on Sunday's show, while Tulisa also seemed to backtrack saying Misha was the performance of the night.

A show insider said: 'If I was one of them (from the girls category) I'd be thinking, "Great, thanks".
    'As the contest heats up, she's left them in the lurch all week. It's very arrogant.'
    But Rowland's representatives played down claims that the 30-year-old singer has fled after clashes with her show colleagues.
    Her spokeswoman said the 'business trip' had been planned for a long time and her client will return on Thursday.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2053184/X-Factor-2011-Kelly-Rowland-abandons-Misha-B-Janet-Devlin-Sophie-Habibis.html#ixzz1bpGbcqWo
    She added: 'Kelly is not missing anything and will be in constant contact with the contestants by Skype and talking to them every day, and she is being sent MP3s of the songs.
    'This has been in her diary for a long time.'

But it seems the reasons behind Tulisa's allegations may have been caused by Misha flirting with her boyfriend and bandmate Fazer.

The same article also says
    According to The Mirror, Misha and Fazer swamped numbers after meeting backstage, causing the singing hopeful to brag about it.
    A source said: 'Fazer was impressed with a couple of the contestants and said he’d be happy to produce with them once the show is over.
    'He thinks Misha has incredible raw talent - and if his girlfriend wasn’t mentoring the groups, he would definitely be backing her to win the series.'
    The insider revealed 'the pair swapped numbers' and 'have been texting a bit', adding: 'She was boasting about it backstage, in a not very nice way.
    'Word quickly got back to Tuilsa who was not amused. In fact she was livid.'

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Wouldn't believe the Sun's spin on that story for a single second.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Sergio

keps wrote: »
    Well just to say I am also totally thrilled that the show is not doing well this year because if it was doing well that would only
    tell ITV that what they have done and are continuing to do is right.

By not being thrilled and dropping viewership -we might just change their minds in terms of the direction the show
    is taking and maybe convince them to avoidsome things like

- takeing all the talented people out early on.
    - presenting the viewers with sob stories/ and 'large' biscuit factory worker etc( no offence to craig - just the easy option type story for XF)
    -tattoed arses,
    -mad chinese lap dancers
    - mad falsetto voiced male
    - and a collection of morose totally unintesting talentless individuals
    -including those you know you are going to accuse of being a bully later in the show just to get more mad media attention

Thanks for the support to my original comments and for typing up a big reply to the person who is so upset that im thrilled the uk version of the show is getting so much negative press at the moment.
    I just couldnt be bothered waisting energy typing up a reply ;):D!!!!

Colinboy wrote: »
    Thanks for the support to my original comments and for typing up a big reply to the person who is so upset that im thrilled the uk version of the show is getting so much negative press at the moment.
    I just couldnt be bothered waisting energy typing up a reply ;):D!!!!

Yeah but the point is that he is thrilled they are getting negative feedback so they will make a better show, you are apparently thrilled they are getting negative feedback for some macabre necrophilia at a show's demise without the hope that it will get better, which amounts to sadism. That's why I denounced your post, and after all this is the X-Factor thread.
    keps wrote: »

If BBC decided to put Strictly up against it - it would be end of the line.

You think so? In fact, by the time Strictly finishes the X Factor is already 30 minutes underway. http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2011/10/17/strictly-come-dancing-holds-off-x-factor-in-saturday-night-ratings-115875-23494760/ So the Strictly Extra or whatever it's called must be head to head with it, while Strictly itself is already partly head to head with it.

The X-Factor ratings are better than they were for season 5 (and probably all the seasons before that), but less than they were for season 6 and 7. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_X_Factor_(UK_series_8) So it's hardly at crisis point.

Another thing is that up until a few days ago we were getting incredibly good weather for this time of the year. The hottest and probably driest september and october for decades. This hugely influences people's decision on whether to go out or not. Unfortunately now that the season is underway, people may be less likely to become as interested in and vested in the acts, also maybe the X-Factor will be less "cool" and less the "in" thing but I have no doubt that it will weather this.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Holy crap Shayne Ward looks good with hair :eek:

article-0-0E86AF9800000578-69_224x585.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Holy crap Shayne Ward looks good with hair :eek:

article-0-0E86AF9800000578-69_224x585.jpg

Hell Yeah! I Would!! :D:P

Hell Yeah! I Would!! :D:P

Would what ?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Would what ?:)

Far too many impressionable people on here to tell you that!! :D:D:eek:

Far too many impressionable people on here to tell you that!! :D:D:eek:

Ah go on ! Tell us :)

Is it ballad theme this week?

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Same as last week then!

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Halloween them I thought?

egan2020 wrote: »
    Halloween them I thought?

Same as every week then (outfits wise) :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Sergio

Yeah but the point is that he is thrilled they are getting negative feedback so they will make a better show, you are apparently thrilled they are getting negative feedback for some macabre necrophilia at a show's demise without the hope that it will get better, which amounts to sadism. That's why I denounced your post, and after all this is the X-Factor thread.

Wow there mighty big words your using.What are you doing watching a show like X factor as you sound like a very intelligent person :D;):p

Colinboy wrote: »

Wow there mighty big words your using.What are you doing watching a show like X factor as you sound like a very intelligent person :D;):p

I thought those were fairly standard words, macabre is slightly rare maybe, but if you don't know them you probably should as they're useful words. If they weren't the only words I could think of, I wouldn't be using them. ;)

Necrophilia is a bit rare, but once you've heard the meaning of it once you are unlikely to forget. :P Sadism, sadistic, s&m... you hear all over the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

More than likely they'll have that Mikael Jackson spooky dance somewhere!

X Factor girl group Rhythmix forced to change their name after charity posts open letter to Simon Cowell

It's a catchy name befitting of any funky young girl group with ambitions to top the pop charts.
    But unfortunately for X Factor stars Rhythmix, they have been forced to change their moniker as it is already trademarked to a charity.
    The four-piece will have to undergo a mid-series name change after the children's music charity wrote an open letter to X Factor boss Simon Cowell.

The letter was written by Mark Davyd, chief executive of Rhythmix which is a charity that helps vulnerable young people to create and perform their own music.
    Davyd claimed that Cowell's company Simco had applied to trademark the name Rhythmix while aware that it was already in use by the charity.
    The letter, which was posted on Facebook today, said: 'Rather than seeking any discussion with the Charity, considering any of the moral implications of their actions, or checking with the Charity whether the pursuit of an exclusive trademark might have a negative impact on the activities of the Charity, Simco and their legal representatives apparently sought a way to use the law to circumvent the trademark of the Charity.'
    The letter recognised Cowell's charity work and praised it but said the X Factor's decision to use the name threatened the charity's work.
    It said: 'Rhythmix the charity has worked with over 40,000 young people in the last twelve years. All of that work is placed at risk by the actions of your company.'
    Davyd ended the letter with a simple and blunt request to Cowell that said: 'Just change the name.'
    Tonight, X Factor producers issued a statement that said: 'At the request of the charity Rhythmix, the members of the girl group Rhythmix have decided to change their name, a decision which has the support of Syco and TalkbackTHAMES.

'The group's new name will be announced in due course.'

The publication of the letter followed the initiation of a Facebook campaign supporting the charity, which gained over 65,000 followers.
    The group urged music fans to download Nirvana’s 1991 track Smells Like Teen Spirit this December, thereby ensuring an X Factor contestant would not make Christmas number one.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2053849/X-Factor-2011-Rhythmix-forced-change-charity-complains-Simon-Cowell.html#ixzz1byT4k7Kp[/QUOTE]

Ah well, they more than likely won't be around for much longer anyway!

Ah well, they more than likely won't be around for much longer anyway!
    Rythminx ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Shitmix

• Advertisement

Shitmix

lol ****minx it is so,

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement