Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2011 (UK show)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Lloyd from series 6 poses half-naked for Gay Times

(NSFW...or if you're in anyway queasy)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

GTFO IBC. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 dancom

Please God Franky or is it Cocky Cosossa to get the boot this week. I am sick of the sight of him. (Sorry Franky fans, if there are any). :D

GTFO IBC. :pac:

At least I did the decent thing and linked to it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Anybody think Marcus is worth sticking a few quid on?? He hasnt really shown his best so far and with a good song he could really shock everybody, I think hes worth a punt at 16/1 :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Anybody think Marcus is worth sticking a few quid on?? He hasnt really shown his best so far and with a good song he could really shock everybody, I think hes worth a punt at 16/1 :D

I do like him, both as a person and performer, but unfortunately he's pretty much the only contestant without some sort of 'gimmick'. He's going to get flushed out gradually in place of the more media friendly ones, I reckon. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 86,463 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I do like him, both as a person and performer, but unfortunately he's pretty much the only contestant without some sort of 'gimmick'. He's going to get flushed out gradually in place of the more media friendly ones, I reckon. :(

If he hooks up with Craig both will make the final (like BB media loves a good romance :p)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

Gringo180 wrote: »

well if your going to punt on him now is the time to, once he does get the good song that price wont last,

to get to the last three might be a more solid bet, I wonder what price that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

well if your going to punt on him now is the time to, once he does get the good song that price wont last,

to get to the last three might be a more solid bet, I wonder what price that is.

7/2 to finish in the top 3, not great odds unless your backing big money.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭keps

If Craig and Marcus became an item - they could call themselves

CRAMARC

it reads the same arse-wise as front wise:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

heard on tv3 this morning that now frankie is saying how he's apparently smitten with janet. i didnt even need to say what i was thinking as the presenters said it for me- he knows he's only hanging in there by the skin of his teeth, (the cynic in me says he's being kept in by producers), and now he's hitching his wagon to janet in the hope that the public keeps him in to see where it goes.

again, the cynic in me says this was just a story concocted by the producers to enhance frankies "im such a rocker and janet is my muse because she's so beautiful and angelic" kinda nonsense.

found a linky:

http://www.unrealitytv.co.uk/x-factor/x-factor-2011-frankie-cocozza-adores-janet-devlin/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

xsiborg wrote: »
    heard on tv3 this morning that now frankie is saying how he's apparently smitten with janet. i didnt even need to say what i was thinking as the presenters said it for me- he knows he's only hanging in there by the skin of his teeth, (the cynic in me says he's being kept in by producers), and now he's hitching his wagon to janet in the hope that the public keeps him in to see where it goes.

again, the cynic in me says this was just a story concocted by the producers to enhance frankies "im such a rocker and janet is my muse because she's so beautiful and angelic" kinda nonsense.

found a linky:

http://www.unrealitytv.co.uk/x-factor/x-factor-2011-frankie-cocozza-adores-janet-devlin/

This is obviously just an attempt to latch on to Janet's popularity. Stinks of a publicity stunt type thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Biggins wrote: »
    That is unbelievable. He said he went on the X Factor too for a bit of work. If that condition is true, then how come he would be rehearsing it all week and moving about all week? Sounds like utter nonsense to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭wolfmoon87

"His back is so troubling for him he prefers to sleep on the floor," the friend added.

I don't see how sleeping on the floor would help. :confused:

wolfmoon87 wrote: »
    I don't see how sleeping on the floor would help. :confused:

A hard surface is good for a bad back, doctors often recommend lying on the floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭wolfmoon87

Didn't know that. I'm learning here.:)

A hard surface is good for a bad back, doctors often recommend lying on the floor.

beats lying through his teeth:)

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

This is very true.
    jubella wrote: »
    This is obviously just an attempt to latch on to Janet's popularity. Stinks of a publicity stunt type thing.
    I wouldn't expect anything less from that piece of lecherous crap!

pumpkin8.gif

• Advertisement

The Times today reports that the so called argument of late on the show, has been exposed as they put it:
    ...a “sham” — that Cowell, panicked by the plunging ratings, had ordered the judges to heat up the show by staging a series of squabbles and feuds.

As for Frankie - they say the following:
    “What,” this year’s contestants, such as 16-year-old Frankie Cocozza, might think, “is the point of appearing on ITV1 every Saturday night — singing Rocks by Primal Scream, staggering around under a hair-do that looks like Chewbacca’s arse, and being thoroughly vilified on Twitter as ‘Frankie Cock’...

halloween13.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 86,463 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Rhythmix's new name is Little Mix

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

It sounds like a children's cereal.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Rhythmix's new name is Little Mix

I don't like it.

vamp2.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

That's a shocking name, even my suggestion (Shitmix) sounds better and would be more marketable. :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,944 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

That's a shocking name, even my suggestion (Shitmix) sounds better and would be more marketable. :pac::pac::pac:

Shitemix sounds better ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Apparently one of the guys from The Risk has quit and a guy from new vibe is replacing him. Ashley or something is it?

Also Kelly Rowland wont be on this weekend, and Nicole Sherzinger is replacing her.

wat

All to get ratings I assume.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

Apparently one of the guys from The Risk has quit and a guy from new vibe is replacing him. Ashley or something is it?

Also Kelly Rowland wont be on this weekend, and Nicole Sherzinger is replacing her.

wat

All to get ratings I assume.

- well it guarantees the show another full week in the "Red Tops" - don't know what else they can try after this................we've had the "fighting" judges, bullying, Rock's new Bad-Boy Mankie & his antics, public have Kitty to hate and boo at each week etc etc etc

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

1966 wrote: »
    - well it guarantees the show another full week in the "Red Tops" - don't know what else they can try after this................we've had the "fighting" judges, bullying, Rock's new Bad-Boy Mankie & his antics, public have Kitty to hate and boo at each week etc etc etc

Yeah but there's no need for everyone to keep mentioning it the whole time. :) It's not "all to get ratings", it's from stirring mundane stuff to sound more dramatic.

They are intentionally pushed to be dramatic all the time, this is part of the show. This is how it's always been and always will be, nothing new in any way.

Simon didn't "order" anything. They are always trying to get the most ratings possible, if they could get more ratings by spicing it up more they would have done that already. I know people love to think they have it all worked out but this is the same thing.

• Advertisement

I have a funny and dreadful feeling that Cheryl Cole might be lined up for a comeback:eek:

if that happens - I am outa dis place:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement