Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2011 (UK show)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

...Simon didn't "order" anything...

I agree with your contention that to a definite certain extent, this is the way its always been.
    Anyone that can't see that, needs glasses.
    However it been reported that due to massive drop in the figures (three million now) that Simon did indeed instruct his judges in a number of ways as to how to improve the ratings.
    This has been much reported from the Tv reporters, from the cheap tabloids, etc right up to (English) The Times.

pumpkin7.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

Biggins wrote: »
    I agree with your contention that to a definite certain extent, this is the way its always been.
    Anyone that can't see that, needs glasses.
    However it been reported that due to massive drop in the figures (three million now) that Simon did indeed instruct his judges in a number of ways as to how to improve the ratings.
    This has been much reported from the Tv reporters, from the cheap tabloids, etc right up to (English) The Times.

Could I trouble you for a link of where it says it in The Times or any broadsheet newspaper?

I've been searching for about 10 minutes and it's not on the times website and most of it seems to be rather asking provocatively: "Did Simon order a bust-up between the judges?", not reporting it as fact. Searching for it in the news just shows all the usual suspects in terms of tv gossip, with the usual clever people saying about how it's so obvious this is what Simon did. It's a theory, not a report based on some genuine evidence.

There are so many stories and rumours and theories floating around, and so much of it turns out not to be the slightest bit true at all. If this were true then I think it would be at step beyond the show's usual antics and openly abusive and you could make a report to Ofcom.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

If Kelly is gone I will dance like noone is watching for the rest of the weekend. I didn't think it was possible for someone to anoy me more then Cheryl but in some comes with this "Don't you saay swagga againnnn" and calling people mama.

In any event, If frankie goes i'll be a happy man.

Could I trouble you for a link of where it says it in The Times or any broadsheet newspaper?

I've been searching for about 10 minutes and it's not on the times website and most of it seems to be rather asking provocatively: "Did Simon order a bust-up between the judges?", not reporting it as fact. Searching for it in the news just shows all the usual suspects in terms of tv gossip, with the usual clever people saying about how it's so obvious this is what Simon did. It's a theory, not a report based on some genuine evidence.

There are so many stories and rumours and theories floating around, and so much of it turns out not to be the slightest bit true at all. If this were true then I think it would be at step beyond the show's usual antics and openly abusive and you could make a report to Ofcom.

Your NOT going to get The Times one sometimes because its behind a paywall - and we're not supposed to post stuff thats behind such a wall - but seeing as you question my honesty - here you go:

* http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/4348/20111028234903f.jpg

Plus:

* http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2053549/X-Factor-2011-ratings-Did-Simon-Cowell-order-judges-war-spice-show.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

* http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2051996/X-Factor-2011-Simon-Cowell-orders-10--improvement-week.html

* http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/showbiz/television-news/2011/10/22/simon-cowell-warns-x-factor-judges-their-jobs-are-on-the-line-in-ratings-rant-86908-23506153/

* http://www.entertainmentwise.com/news/64292/Simon-Cowell-Threatens-To-Axe-All-X-Factor-Judges

* http://www.heatworld.com/XFactor/2011/10/Ooh-Simon-Cowell-threatens-to-axe-judges-over-X-Factor-viewing-figures/

* http://ghanapolitics.net/Showbiz/x-factor-2011-simon-cowell-orders-10-improvement-each-week.html

* http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/simon-cowell-orders-x-factor-27158

* http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/tv/2011/10/22/x-factor-finals-2011-simon-cowell-warns-judges-they-face-axe-over-plummeting-viewing-figures-115875-23505739/

* http://www.unrealitytv.co.uk/x-factor/x-factor-gary-barlow-admits-simon-cowell-told-them-to-up-their-game/

* http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/tv-radio/stop-losing-viewers-cowell-orders-judges-2914131.html

* http://www.contactmusic.com/news/simon-cowell-demands-x-factor-shake-up-after-ratings-drop_1252185

Want more? You mustn't have looked too hard!
    It was reported from Hollywood to The Times, to even Ghana - ALL of which are above in links.

It was also in a number of todays papers too that they had been rumbled!
    (O' and by the way, many reporters refuse to squeal on their sources!)

Of course all the papers, the TV presenters, the countries, etc could all be lying and your right!
    I'm hedging my bets on them though!

freddy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

Looking forward to tomorrow night. Was so bored tonight. Watched x factor USA which is good but looking forward to the debate here. And Biggins smilies!

• Advertisement

jluv wrote: »
    ...And Biggins smilies!

dog56.gif

Your NOT going to get The Times one sometimes because its behind a paywall - and we're not supposed to post stuff thats behind such a wall - but seeing as you question my honesty - here you go:

I didn't question your honesty, I said it wasn't on the times website (I should say the public part of the times website). I asked you as politely as I possibly could if you could provide a link to it as I couldn't find any. How could I have asked any more politely?

That is in the opinions section, not a news story and she just says it "was reported" earlier this week, not by The Times. You said it was reported in The Times.

Yes, they question DID he. They don't report that he did. It's a theory based on IMO very flimsy evidence as I stated in my previous post.

These are all to do with Simon telling them to up their game and improve their acts, to work harder. It's nothing about him ordering them to start a fight.

1:28 PM PDT 10/14/2010 by Mimi Turner, AP

Oops, lol.

Again, these are all about Cowell telling them to work harder and perform better. In particular that Herald one, which looks from the headline like it might support your contention actually contradicts it.

"And the situation has not been helped by simmering tensions between Gary and his fellow judge Louis, who is the only remaining personality to last all eight series."

Also, did you know that unrealitytv.co.uk is a (unintentional) joke website?

http://www.unrealitytv.co.uk/x-factor/x-factor-2011-simon-cowell-orders-gary-barlow-to-lose-some-weight/

Notice the...: UPDATE: ALL YOU TAKE THAT FANS MAY BE INTERESTED TO KNOW THAT UNREALITY TV WAS CONTACTED BY GARY’S SPOKESPERSON TODAY AND REASSURED THAT THERE IS NO TRUTH WHATSOEVER IN THIS STORY.
    Want more? You mustn't have looked too hard!
    It was reported from Hollywood to The Times, to even Ghana - ALL of which are above in links.

It was NOT reported in The Times. It was stated in The Times opinion section that it was reported elsewhere.
    It was also in a number of todays papers too that they had been rumbled!
    (O' and by the way, many reporters refuse to squeal on their sources!)

Of course all the papers, the TV presenters, the countries, etc could all be lying and your right!
    I'm hedging my bets on them though!

Okay, I can't say I enjoyed our exchange Biggins, don't expect me to reply again.

Notice the...: UPDATE: ALL YOU TAKE THAT FANS MAY BE INTERESTED TO KNOW THAT UNREALITY TV WAS CONTACTED BY GARY’S SPOKESPERSON TODAY AND REASSURED THAT THERE IS NO TRUTH WHATSOEVER IN THIS STORY.

Aye yes, a spokesman for a man that admitted himself to millions ON AIR that he lies!
    Sorry - I don't trust anything they say. I think I'm justified.

Anyone that is foolhardy enough to think that Simon is not yet again using this drummed up 'feud' to create further headlines/publicity/ratings, is being very silly.

Conclusion: Its because of all this silliness, tricks, stunts, smoke and mirrors publicity games that they are playing, that is (rightly) turning people off in their millions.
    People want to be entertained but underneath it all, they wan real talent more so.
    The last two years in particular, they are getting one more of the former by the schite load and feck all of the latter.

ghost1.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Jesus christ, so one group has a new name, one group has changed members, and one category has a whole new mentor. This is going to be an interesting show. It'll be the first live show I won't be watching live this series :( I'll miss posting here!

Jesus christ, so one group has a new name, one group has changed members, and one category has a whole new mentor. This is going to be an interesting show. It'll be the first live show I won't be watching live this series :( I'll miss posting here!

Seems a bit of a mess alright! :(

witch1.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,279 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Seems a bit of a mess alright! :(

witch1.gif

LOVING your halloween faces Biggins!

leahyl wrote: »
    LOVING your halloween faces Biggins!

halloween14.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

when the 1st eviction oops wrong show, 1st sending home happened I did say I was finished with the show,

but it is interesting how it has killed this thread, people have got so involved with the heart,

it might just be me but I used to see similar types of groups forming at schooling level, the ones who felt they could not be questioned and the ones who sometimes did the questioning and those like myself who just watched,

look im getting effected, the show is still getting a big amount of viewers even if it was to drop by 2/3 more million.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Good riddance to Kelly, royal pain in the ass she is anyway. I think it is just a publicity stunt. Nicole will not take crap either.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

According to the xfactor site, Kelly is sick and Alexandra Burke is standing in for her tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

egan2020 wrote: »
    According to the xfactor site, Kelly is sick and Alexandra Burke is standing in for her tonight.

I dont remember any judge before missing a show, for someone was 'dedicated to her girls' that not very professional now is it :rolleyes:

I think she thinks shes above and better then the show, shes a know all

Whatever the reason, stunt or legitimate - it better be good because I assume all the judges are signed up to hefty pay employment contracts with possible just as serious penalties if they decided to jump ship!

halloween27.gif

Justask wrote: »
    I dont remember any judge before missing a show, for someone was 'dedicated to her girls' that not very professional now is it :rolleyes:

It is the height of being professional. She has a terrible throat infection, doctors have told her not to travel. Her voice is worth millions and she can't take chances with doing any damage to it. Not everything is a big conspiracy ffs.

I guess a roll eyes smiley pushes all logic out the window though.

However it was not very professional for her to fly over there in the first place and miss out on her acts for most of the week, I'll give you that. And it is also possible that she really didn't want to face the amount of work that built up this week and is using something mild as an excuse. But it's also possible that it is something severe.

It is the height of being professional. She has a terrible throat infection, doctors have told her not to travel. Her voice is worth millions and she can't take chances with doing any damage to it. Not everything is a big conspiracy ffs.

I guess a roll eyes smiley pushes all logic out the window though.

Lol take a chill pill there love :rolleyes:

Lol take a chill pill there love :rolleyes:

I wouldn't taker it personal, he's jumping down everyone throat, both in the UK and the USA thread's.

halloween25.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

I thought they announced last week that Nicole whatsherface is standing in for Kelly this week?

I wouldn't taker it personal, he's jumping down everyone throat, both in the UK and the USA thread's.

I'm sorry if it seems this way, but I just don't like to see a good show getting trashed like this. The dramatics were there from the start every year. I strongly feel it's more a case of the judges being wound up than any direct orders. And the judges are intentionally put into a psychologically stressful situation. But it's not contrived and directed like a movie every week on that type of level. The majority of supposedly real tv, even serious tv, is contrived and fake in some way.

I don't like this attitude of the X-Factor US being so amazing, while the poor naive sods at home lap up their fake show. The majority of people in the UK know that there is always more talent in the American shows, partly because they have nearly 6 times the population. That doesn't mean they're getting the short end of the stick, it's just that it's a different show. Thanks for giving me a chance to explain my views.

I'm sorry if it seems this way, but I just don't like to see a good show getting trashed like this. The dramatics were there from the start every year. I strongly feel it's more a case of the judges being wound up than any direct orders. And the judges are intentionally put into a psychologically stressful situation. But it's not contrived and directed like a movie every week on that type of level. The majority of supposedly real tv, even serious tv, is contrived and fake in some way.

I don't like this attitude of the X-Factor US being so amazing, while the poor naive sods at home lap up their fake show. The majority of people in the UK know that there is always more talent in the American shows, partly because they have nearly 6 times the population. That doesn't mean they're getting the short end of the stick, it's just that it's a different show.

Listen this is a 'Thread' no matter what we say here will have no difference to the show. This thread is great fun and the banter and slagging has been funny and take as it has been intended. It would be great if you would let he thread stay fun :) If someone disagrees with you its not that you or the other person id wrong or right. Maybe you shouldnt take both show so seriously. :)

1 hour till we all see frankie fail yet again :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Song list for tonight, some interesting ones there!!
    Sophie Habibis - Bang Bang
    Little Mix - ET
    Janet Devlin - Every Breath You Take
    Johnny Robinson - Ole Devil Called Love
    Craig Colton - Set Fire To The Rain
    Frankie Cocozza - Should I Stay Or Should I Go
    Marcus Collins - Superstition
    Kitty Brucknell - Sweet Dreams
    Misha B - Tainted Love
    The Risk - Thriller

I don't think anyone is longer in doubt as to the superficial the show really is.
    Due to the numbers so dramatically dropping though, many suspect that the makers have even by their standards, resorted to more drastic measures to garner further print and publicity - it seems to be working to some extent!

pumpkin13.gif

Song list for tonight, some interesting ones there!!
    Sophie Habibis - Bang Bang
    Little Mix - ET
    Janet Devlin - Every Breath You Take
    Johnny Robinson - Ole Devil Called Love
    Craig Colton - Set Fire To The Rain
    Frankie Cocozza - Should I Stay Or Should I Go
    Marcus Collins - Superstition
    Kitty Brucknell - Sweet Dreams
    Misha B - Tainted Love
    The Risk - Thriller

I think Frankies one is a joke - they have to be baiting the viewers or taking the piss! :pac:

bat.gif

Ok im going to ask probably the most stupid question but its doing my head in. :o

When someone posts spoilers it comes up with a big grey thick line :confused:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Frankie's is
    another one he can talk through
    , Janets one fitting into a Halloween theme????

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Ok im going to ask probably the most stupid question but its doing my head in. :o

When someone posts spoilers it comes up with a big grey thick line :confused:
    Yes, it does... What exactly is the question?! :confused:

• Advertisement

Yes, it does... What exactly is the question?! :confused:

Is there a way I can see behind the grey line

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement