Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2011 (UK show)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 lightningga

Really enjoying the new look X Factor and a fair few great voices being found but the best part of the first stage auditions is also watching the bad ones...is it me or does there seem to be a real lack of these being shown.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

This week's episode was MUCH better than last week's. Although I watched it online yesterday so didn't have to put up with all the adbreaks! There seemed to be a lot more auditions squeezed in. I agree with someone saying that they do show too much of some people though. They should do more "montages" where they show a load of good people together, and give them about 10 seconds each.

Does anyone know how many weeks til bootcamp?

I totally agree...there seems to be an ad break after every audition. Sorry, not sure when boot camp will be televised but think they are filming it at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 86,603 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

X Factor's Louis Walsh 'fuming' after Sinitta, not Adele, is his guest mentor Louis Walsh is said to be furious with Simon Cowell after being given Sinitta instead of Adele as a guest mentor at the X Factor judges’ houses round.

The long-serving X Factor judge was hoping to be joined by woman-of-the-moment Adele in the later stages of the talent contest, but Cowell made the decision to switch Walsh’s partner to former flame Sinitta.
    A source told the Sunday Mirror: ‘[Louis] was fuming. He saw it as yet another snub after he lost out to Gary as head judge.
    ‘One minute he was lined up with an international star who’s the woman of the moment, the next he was lumbered with an Eighties has-been whose high point was the questionable No 2 hit So Macho.
    ‘Adele was really up for it and had agreed in principle. Louis was thrilled because he absolutely loves her.’
    Rumours suggest either Usher or Beyonce will join Kelly Rowland on the show, while Tinie Tempah is said to be Tulisa Contostavlos' X Factor aide.

Cowell is thought to have held a number of meetings with Adele about her being a guest judge on the show and it is rumoured that given her recent international success he is holding her back for the US version of the X Factor.
    Another source said: ‘Louis was livid, as a decision was made and it wasn’t up for discussion.
    'Everyone was gobsmacked. Louis tried to find out what had changed and if there was a chance they could keep Adele.
    'But he was told Sinitta was on and it was final.’
    Sinitta has been Cowell's sidekick at the judges’ houses ever since X Factor started in 2006.
    However, in the stateside version of the talent contest the media mogul will be joined by diva Mariah Carey.

http://www.metro.co.uk/tv/873743-x-factors-louis-walsh-fuming-after-sinitta-not-adele-is-his-guest-mentor

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

Oh god, Sinitta not her again ! forgot she existed. There really is too many ads. one audition and then an ad, seriously? Also the way the judges give their opinion and then are like now let's vote! it goes on forever they should just say yes while giving their opinion that's what they used to do. They also show waaaay too many bad people and not enough good people. The last episode there was just so many bad people. It's all gotten a bit stupid the way they go to people's houses and stuff. we're at the audition stages!! I hated how they moved the auditions to stadiums or whatever. There's so many things that annoy me about it but I will always still watch it. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

the best part of the first stage auditions is also watching the bad ones...is it me or does there seem to be a real lack of these being shown.
    They also show waaaay too many bad people and not enough good people. The last episode there was just so many bad people.

Lol, which is it?

ha ha :D i guess can't please us all...totally agree about how annoying it is that they are visiting people's houses etc at audition stages, surely at that stage they haven't seen these people yet...or have they??????? love it or hate it - its must see tv

• Registered Users Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭keps

Louis gets paid over £500k by Simon -for about 6 months ' part-time work' a year.

He will do what he is told - and will come back for more.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

keps wrote: »
    Louis gets paid over £500k by Simon -for about 6 months ' part-time work' a year.

He will do what he is told - and will come back for more.

i dont think he needs the money

• Registered Users Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭keps

i dont think he needs the money

so you think he is doing it because he loves Simon:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Can't believe I'm saying this...but that 1D tune is actually good!

Christ, kill me now. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

keps wrote: »
    so you think he is doing it because he loves Simon:eek:

he is doing it to stop you getting the gig

http://www.digitalspy.ie/tv/s103/the-x-factor/news/a337959/x-factor-judges-categories-revealed.html

Gary Barlow, Kelly Rowland, Tulisa Contostavlos and Louis Walsh have been given their X Factor categories ahead of the Judges' Houses stage of the ITV1 reality show.

The judges have flown out with eight acts each and must pick their four favourites for the live rounds, which will kick off in the autumn.
    Louis Walsh has missed out on the popular Boys and Girls categories for the seventh time, landing the Over 25s, who haven't had a winner since Steve Brookstein in series one.

Walsh has flown out to Barcelona, with Sinitta as his co-mentor, to try to find his first winning act since Shayne Ward in the second series.

Kelly Rowland has been given the Girls for her first series as a judge and will be hosting the acts at her 'home' in Miami.

Tulisa Contostavlos is tasked with finding the first ever Groups winner and will be hoping one of her acts can go one better than runners-up JLS and G4.

Gary Barlow is expected to team up with his Take That bandmate Robbie Williams in LA as he starts mentoring the Boys category.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Has it been said who Tulisa and Kelly are getting as their co-mentors?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭whatcartoget

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I heard Kelly got Beyonce.

gnfnrhead wrote: »

Usher and Beyonce have been mentioned for Kelly and Tinie Tempah and Tinchy Stryder for Tulisa

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Interesting mentors choosen for Kelly.

I guess tonight is Manchester yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Once again I will be missing the show tonight. I really need to get my priorities straight before the live shows start. X-factor...number one. Social life/boyfriend/friends...down the list somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

I'll be there with bells on *jingles bells*

Jessie J is the latest name rumoured to be with Tulisa

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Jessie J is the latest name rumoured to be with Tulisa

Ugh.

Red October online.

Who else is about tonight?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Me! hi5.gif

Christ tonight. That intro was longer than the show itself.

The Bobski also.

:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Was afraid for a sec' they were going to have that twat (that sings that rubbish "swagger) on the show.

Oh my god. It's Storm Lee meets Iggy Pop meets Frank Spencer.

The ladies eh, hmmmmmm.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTK9en3kvlN4wMMHkcVR73EH4RutOjsa4ysse9xqC9amx1JNLWgxA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

What the bloody hell is that?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement