Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2011 (UK show)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

Love Kitty, she is by far the best singer and entertainer in the competition.

She wasn't even that bad in the start, a bit daft and mad sure but if everyone was the same the world would be a very boring place.

surely not, we would have world peace

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

I met her... I banged her': X Factor's Frankie Cocozza stuns viewers with crude description of one night stand with Geordie Shore's Holly Hagan

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2055253/X-Factor-2011-Frankie-Cocozza-stuns-viewers-admits-banged-Geordie-Shores-Holly-Hagan.html

He's a cheap piece of garbage that is trying to be a something - when in fact he's a talentless idiot all dressed up with nothing to show but his slapper behaviour.

Simon Cowell should be ashamed that he's on the show.
    ...And Simon wonders why is viewing numbers are dropping massively? He just needs to look at the inclusion of this creep for some answers!

cat28.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭YumDeiseMum

The competition is definitely still wide open at this stage, there is no clear front runner.

Kitty - as much as I hate to admit, is growing on me. Her performances are getting less desperate with each week, however the talent is there in abundance.

Janet - definitely disappointed but I think her face after she sang said it all.

Misha - I enjoyed more when she just sang and wasnt rapping in the middle.

Marcus - coming into his own, his confidence seems to be improving, but as much as I love Marcus, he can be somewhat forgettable.

Johnny - Really enjoyed him last night, I dont think he can win but he has thrown off the perception that he is this years joke act

Frankie - is rapidly becoming this years joke IMO, no talent whatsoever and even less respect for himself and others around him

Sophie - good voice, not great, but dull as dishwater

Craig - like him, he can definitely sing but every song he sings just sounds the same

Little Mix - have broken the girlband curse, I was impressed with their staging and make up last night, their performance actually stood out for me

The Risk - It will be a crying shame if this band win x factor, a mish mash of 2, no make that 3 different groups now. Yes maybe they can sing, but come on. If Little Mix get voted out will they bring back one of the girls as a new member of the Risk? Its getting ridiculous!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

Craig still looking into the camera like a convicted sex fiend....

Stuart Heritage on the Guardian described him as Adele going to a Halloween party dressed as Justin Beiber, and his singing looks like a crying baby chewing a toffee.

I love that Heritage guy.

I missed the show last night, so waiting to see the repeat today. Checked out Johnny, Kitty and Misha on 3Player based on people's comments here and on the guardian liveblog and they were all brilliant. Don't want to see anyone elses!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭BQQ

Frankie has to go this week. Nobody wants him there next week, even himself by the looks of it.
    Can't see the judges saving him. Even Gary looks like he wants rid of him.

Him and Sophie bottom, i'd say. Frankie to go (I'm on @15/8 with paddypower) :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,278 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Thought the best this week were Little Mix, Johnny and Kitty. The others were all meh! Was really disappointed in the Risk - wrong song wrong song!!

Oh and Marcus was pretty ok too!

Biggins wrote: »
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2055253/X-Factor-2011-Frankie-Cocozza-stuns-viewers-admits-banged-Geordie-Shores-Holly-Hagan.html

He's a cheap piece of garbage that is trying to be a something - when in fact he's a talentless idiot all dressed up with nothing to show but his slapper behaviour.

Simon Cowell should be ashamed that he's on the show.
    ...And Simon wonders why is viewing numbers are dropping massively? He just needs to look at the inclusion of this creep for some answers!

cat28.gif

To be fair he is a young lad caught up in a big show to fill the pockets of others, how is he to know what he is doing, saying, going to effect him,

I would of taught it was up to the show to protect him or try to show him the error of his ways, but no they don't give a fook its all good for the xfactor,

forget about the fact some young lad topped himself because of the choices he made at the age of 18 (not sure what age he is) the statement he made is the exact same as if he was talking to his mates,

so is it he is pure dirt or just pure naive, I know we are living the moment but when this is all over for us he will still be living what ever or how ever the show has effected him,

I would not like to be Frankie when he is 23 (if he makes it that far) I think this show will truly damage him and it might take him some time to shrug the tag dirt bag (if he makes it that far)

he is still a kid.

To be fair he is a young lad caught up in a big show to fill the pockets of others, how is he to know what he is doing, saying, going to effect him,

I would of taught it was up to the show to protect him or try to show him the error of his ways, but no they don't give a fook its all good for the xfactor,

forget about the fact some young lad topped himself because of the choices he made at the age of 18 (not sure what age he is) the statement he made is the exact same as if he was talking to his mates,

so is it he is pure dirt or just pure naive, I know we are living the moment but when this is all over for us he will still be living what ever or how ever the show has effected him,

I would not like to be Frankie when he is 23 (if he makes it that far) I think this show will truly damage him and it might take him some time to shrug the tag dirt bag (if he makes it that far)

he is still a kid.

Mentally he is still a kid but as he is 18 he's also supposed to behaving with a bit of kop on.
    He can vote, he can drive, he can apply for the army, police, he can go to jail as an ADULT for murder (and he's murdered some songs!).

The BBC dancing show last night had royalty visiting it - seriously do we think for one second they are going to equally show up to see this piece of scumbag garbage as part of Simons show?
    I suspect not - they wouldn't want to be seen connected to this piece of trash - even in support of the show!
    If this was any other yobo on our streets behaving the same way - we would condemn his actions without hesitation - why should he get special treatment just because he's now on TV.

He's behaving like an asshole, speaking like an asshole - and in fact IS an asshole!

butcher.gif

Mentally he is still a kid but as he is 18 he's also supposed to behaving with a bit of kop on.
    He can vote, he can drive, he can apply for the army, police, he can go to jail as an ADULT for murder (and he's murdered some songs!).

The BBC dancing show last night had royalty visiting it - seriously do we think for one second they are going to equally show up to see this piece of scumbag garbage as part of Simons show?
    I suspect not - they would let be wishing to be seen connected to this piece of trash!
    If this was any other yobo on our streets behaving the same way - we would condemn his actions without hesitation - why should he get special treatment just because he's now on TV.

He's behaving like an asshole, speaking like an asshole - and in fact IS an asshole!

butcher.gif

jasus B I was of the thinking we had to make mistakes to learn from them, the language you direct at him is very harsh (close to violent) he is 18 and being 18 can take part in all the different activities you mention, as can everyone else who is that age, male or female,

are you saying if he was 17 it would be ok, the world we are living in today being as it is I would think there are plenty of 18 year old kids who live it large,

its not for me to tell you how to summarise the personalty of someone we know a short while,

but I do think the words you choose to describe Frankie are very harsh and verging on being a bully,

...I do think the words you choose to describe Frankie are very harsh and verging on being a bully,

Your entitled to your opinion - as am I - and I call it as I see it.

He's not 17 anyway - he's 18. End of story.
    If he was 12, 17 or 24 - either way, I'd expect with that age, to have an appropriate amount of good behaviour, know when to keep his mouth shut - and at least some modicum of talent.

From what I can ascertain, he's none of the above good qualities.

My words are harsh? Cobblers - but if they are hard on him, he certainly deserves them!
    My words are nothing compared to the comments after the Mail write-up.
    There is a hell of a lot of people there that feel the same way as many here!

"Living it large" ? O' well - that makes such behaviour ok then? Rubbish!
    As for he learning from mistakes? IF as his father said in the papers, he's "banged" now close to 70 young girls - you think he would have leaned something by now - but he hasn't. His rotten behaviour still continues...

One reaps what one sows!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭YumDeiseMum

If he was 12, 17 or 24 - either way, I'd expect with that age, to have an appropriate amount of good behaviour, know when to keep his mouth shut - and at least some modicum of talent.

My words are harsh? Cobblers - but if they are hard on him, he certainly deserves them!

"Living it large" ? O' well - that makes such behaviour ok then? Rubbish!
    As for he learning from mistakes? IF as his father said in the papers, he's "banged" now close to 70 young girls - you think he would have leaned something by now - but he hasn't. His rotten behaviour still continues...

Agree with you wholeheartedly Biggins.
    As a mother of a teenager I find it absolutely disgusting that Frankie and /or his parent would be proud of the fact he has had 70 sexual partners at the ripe old age of 18 and feels it ok to discuss it in front of millions on live tv!!

What is the world coming to?

Fair enough, I do believe in the saying you are who you hang around with and family and stuff (there are some who can break this mould) I think if he got to spend time with the right people for long enough he could turn out to be a decent person,

I do know a few people who fooked up in life and looking back on it could not believe the way they acted, but they got away with it and got the chance to prove they were decent people,

they were lucky they were not on the same type of media hunt as Frankie,

I am now wondering if he had not auditioned for the show who else would we be talking about,

anyway nuff said, you believe what you believe and I will reserve my opinion of him just in case, enjoy your lunch.

Agree with you wholeheartedly Biggins.
    As a mother of a teenager I find it absolutely disgusting that Frankie and /or his parent would be proud of the fact he has had 70 sexual partners at the ripe old age of 18 and feels it ok to discuss it in front of millions on live tv!!

What is the world coming to?

He brings great shame to the show. No wonder folk are turning off - and the judges still supporting him, bring further shame to themselves and to the show by their continuing efforts to keep him on the show.

He was a local yobo disgrace - now by he being allowed to publicise his rotten behaviour, showing up his sexual treatment of young girls and stinking disgusting attitude, he's now an English national disgrace!

...And I speak not just as a parent of three girls (and one boy) - but as a simple viewer too, seeing and hearing what is set before the public!

fu.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

This is the order I hope they're voted out:

1. Frankie - no explanation necessary.
    2. Craig - I know it's really unlikely he will be, but I just can't stand him. Even last night when they said he gave an amazing performance, when he hit the loud notes it was almost like you could hear the thickly accented meat-head coming out.
    3. Janet - I'm getting sick of her baby voice and fake innocence at this stage. I think a lot of English people were drawn to her accent as much as anything else. The fact that she's Irish has nothing to do with me wanting her there and neither should it. I wish Melanie McCabe, someone far more genuine and talented IMO, was there.
    4. Sophie - Too boring, she would put me to sleep.
    5. The Risk - Generic boy band. Good, I guess?
    6. Little Mix - I can't see these girls becoming anything special, especially with Tulisa mentoring them. Their new name is dreadful. They may be able to sing in harmony but none is particularly impressive. Their main talking point last night was the fat girl saying she was being called fat, it was ridiculous. fwiw, the fat girl is the only hot one. A toss up between these and Sophie. I can't imagine Girls Aloud or any successful band being like that ever. They are like typical 16 year olds, not material for a world class girl band.
    7. Marcus - As a male, he does not really excite me like Kitty does. However I do think he is a great contestant as a performer and singer.
    8. Johnny - Has an extraordinary voice, which was shown off numerous times now but especially last night.
    9. Misha B. - Probably the best vocal in the competition, effortlessly hitting every note imaginable. There's something about her personality lacking a little bit though.
    10. Kitty Brucknell - I think she proved last night that she has both the incredible voice AND she has the personality and the X-Factor. She has it all, I love her, and it would be a travesty if she got voted off tonight.

I know it would take some sort of miracle for Kitty to be voted number 1, just saying who I would like to see there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭keps

Sohie is favourite to go this evening on betfair at 5/4

Frankie is 7/4 mainly I suppose as punters reckon he'll be saved by the panel if in the bottom 2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

I enjoyed the show last night . Great to see the yank missing but Alexandria was not shy was she. I thing Janet could be in trouble tonight along with frankie

nah can't see Janet being in trouble - few more weeks left in her yet- and she is still joint favourite with Riskto win outright

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

Have to say the lack of personality among the contestants this year is painful. Even the acts that are fiery on stage (Kitty and Mischa), are so dull and dreary when they speak.
    Its as if no one is actually buzzing to be there. Maybe they are over coached in how to present themselves but I find it very difficult to listen to any of them speak ( although must say I always enjoy backstage footage of Littlemix, the blonde girl seems mad as a hatter).

Actually, I will exclude Johnny from this, he always speaks with ease. Maybe it's an age thing and the younger contestants do not have the confidence.

I thought Alexandra Burke was great on the judging panel this week. I didn't watch the show when she was a competitor, so had no opinion on her before this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭Shelflife

when i first saw frankie i thought he was a "cheeky chappie" sort of guy, as the weeks have passed he has turned out to be more and more of a sleaze ball and something i would hate my own son to turn into.

if i saw him sniffing around my daughter the baseball bat would be out very quickly.

i detest the whole sure as long as he produces the goods he can do what he likes. he has a basic limited talent but gets kudos because he treats others like commodities.

if Janet ended up in the bottom 2 with Frankie this could only be a good thing as it would be Frankie voted out by the judges, then the world could move forward in a positive manner

• Advertisement

livinsane wrote: »
    I thought Alexandra Burke was great on the judging panel this week. I didn't watch the show when she was a competitor, so had no opinion on her before this.

This was Alexandra's contribution to the show:

"okay dot com, you go girlfriend *snaps fingers*, mmmmhmmmm"

This was Alexandra's contribution to the show:

"okay dot com, you go girlfriend *snaps fingers*, mmmmhmmmm"

so you only got to see a few seconds of the show?

so you only got to see a few seconds of the show?

I saw all the show, I don't think she contributed much. For example insinuating Kitty was cabaret.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

keps wrote: »
    Sohie is favourite to go this evening on betfair at 5/4

Frankie is 7/4 mainly I suppose as punters reckon he'll be saved by the panel if in the bottom 2
    Wouldn't mind the betting last week Frankie was odds on to go wasn't even in bottom 2, I actually see Sophie being safe, she is quite likeable and people will vote for her, unlike Kitty and Frankie.

I bet a €5 to go to charity if Louis Walsh does NOT say

'Frankie - youv'e got your swagger back' or words to that effect

Posted yesterday week

He was a week late saying it - but he did say it so I keep the fiver:)

cgpg5 wrote: »
    Wouldn't mind the betting last week Frankie was odds on to go wasn't even in bottom 2, I actually see Sophie being safe, she is quite likeable and people will vote for her, unlike Kitty and Frankie.

Very true and I would have thought a person who finished in the bottom one week and was saved (Kitty) - would generally be in contention to be in the bottom 2 the next?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

SuperInfinity, I have to agree 100% with your ranking and comments on Alexandra Burke.

I'd love to see Kitty win, Kitty and Johnny make the show interesting and seem to genuinely care about being part of it. Mischa doesn't need to care, she'll get success out of it on account of being so good, unless she has an attitude problem, or develops one. Those people tend not to get good song material afterwards.

I really liked Little Mix's performance last night, thought it was the best band performance I've seen in all the years of X Factor.

As for Alexandra Burke, she often seemed to struggle to find something to say and just came out with random words. Her negative comment about Kitty was off the mark as well. She doesn't have the experience to be a judge on the show and was a bad sit-in decision. Says a lot about the programme that they couldn't get anyone of a higher calibre to stand in.

I thought alexandra was a disaster - her mouth was not connected to her brain(if she has one):)

Posted yesterday week

He was a week late saying it - but he did say it so I keep the fiver:)

come on K give the fiver to charity

• Advertisement

come on K give the fiver to charity

OK - it goes to the Vincent de Paul - that's a promise

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement