Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2011 (UK show)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭dee.

Justask wrote: »
    that was his choice not the show. the show would not be allowed away with something like that

I didn't think the show would say "pretend you're straight" but maybe more along the lines of don't "come out" until after the show/don't answer questions about your sexuality/etc

I am glad they are allowed be honest though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

I dont like Misha B at all she has an awfull attiutude. /The silly shy acting is not working :rolleyes:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

God Mischa is the worst interviewee every, it would be a PR disaster if she won.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

misch is reallyy getting on my berves now,biting on her toungue ,bopping that stupid head , and "the real cool" act!!!

PMSL at Rufus hes dead right tho lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

I want to buy Rufus Hound a pint

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Rufus Hound- I couldn't have said it better myself fair play my man!

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭The Showstopper

Rufus has a point

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Yer man looks like a tard in the sunglasses!

:D

Rufus for judge

• Advertisement

Rufus Hound- X factor judge 2012!!! What a guy!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

I would donate money to pay Hound to be a judge, Love him!!

Oh f*ck off caroline and oliy and the dancing ffs

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Rufus Hound is amazing!

Except I'm not sure why he doesn't like Johnny - Johnny is great! But about everything else, he's spot on!

They need to boost ratings eh? Hound is your man- he actually talk sense, doesn't lack an opinion and says it as it is. He would also be the comic relief of the show.. Some man!

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭The Showstopper

Rufus Hound just telling it like it is, fair play to ya

He's class on Celebrity Juice

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

Why do the judges stand up in unison for the 'special guests'. It really riles with me.fRankie is basically a little sh*t. he wants to be a bad boy. He's about as bad as my big toe. Spoilt kid trying to be Chetto. Pathetic. Easy decision tonight for the jdges...

Speaking of judges how stupid did Kelly sound putting on the sore throat...:D

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

Oh yeah. Frankie's hair is just stupid...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Don't know why everyone is complaining about Misha - she's the best act that has appeared on the X Factor in years. She's the only signable one, and the only one who could be a genuinely good popstar. Who cares if she's a pr*ck? Loads of musicians are.

Sophie is boring as f*ck and not a particularly outstanding singer to compensate for it. She has all the charisma of a brick wall. At least Misha is somewhat interesting.

That Frankie though, what a little sh*t. I was watching 8 Out of 10 Cats last night, and one of panelists described him as "the most objectionable human being ever", it made me laugh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Missed the show tonight and last night. But I found out the result and have to say one thing... WTF?!

Sophie was honestly one of the best singers in the competetion.
    Sigh. Oh well.

Frankie lives on. Fag.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

To my mind there isn't anyone as good this year as Rebecca, Matt, Stacey or Danyel or other previous contestants. It seem s the judges have tried to pick those they thing have "star" quality. Tulisa is shocking as a judge, not knowing what a rock track is, and what she brought up in public about Mischa.
    Louis Walsh is the stereotypical uncle in the "oirish" movies, a rambling halfwit in the corner, drooling and repeating everything he hears around him, without an intelligent thing to say for himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Don't know why everyone is complaining about Misha - she's the best act that has appeared on the X Factor in years. She's the only signable one, and the only one who could be a genuinely good popstar. Who cares if she's a pr*ck? Loads of musicians are.

Sophie is boring as f*ck and not a particularly outstanding singer to compensate for it. She has all the charisma of a brick wall. At least Misha is somewhat interesting.

That Frankie though, what a little sh*t. I was watching 8 Out of 10 Cats last night, and one of panelists described him as "the most objectionable human being ever", it made me laugh.

I wouldn't go that far about Misha, yes she has a good voice but for whatever reason she doesn't do herself any favours when it comes to likeability - unless she firmly believes that this is a singing competition - which we all know for the past number of years it hasn't been.

If I was a member of the voting public I wouldn't vote for her. One thing Kelly does need to address with her is how she comes across on TV - her one line, slowly drawn out replies, (while the camera gets nothing but a view of the top of her afro mohawk) is excrutiating to watch. She can't even bear to make eye contact with the interviewer/camera which comes across as either painfully shy (which she's not) or arrogant (which has been alleged)

I have nothing against Sophie, but she was always destined to go in the first few weeks. She has a good voice but it's not very versatile. Club classics was NOT going to suit her.

The only reason Frankie is still in the competion is to keep us watching until he is fcuked out. He is a little scumbag, who doesn't deserve to be in Xfactor. He doesn't even deserve to be on Jeremy Kyle.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Mischa would be a pr nightmare if she won. 'mischa how do you feel' 'good'. 'what kind of direction will your music take?' ' I'll just keep it real and be myself' '......'

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

I read somewhere (probably on last year's thread) that any contestant who ended up in the bottom two has never went on to win the show. Does anyone know if this is the case?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

I wouldn't go that far about Misha, yes she has a good voice but for whatever reason she doesn't do herself any favours when it comes to likeability - unless she firmly believes that this is a singing competition - which we all know for the past number of years it hasn't been.

If I was a member of the voting public I wouldn't vote for her. One thing Kelly does need to address with her is how she comes across on TV - her one line, slowly drawn out replies, (while the camera gets nothing but a view of the top of her afro mohawk) is excrutiating to watch. She can't even bear to make eye contact with the interviewer/camera which comes across as either painfully shy (which she's not) or arrogant (which has been alleged)

Like I said, loads of musicians are pr*cks. It doesn't have any bearing on the fact that they're still good at what they do, and people will buy good music regardless of what the personality is like. That's why X Factor is farcical. People vote for the 'nice' people instead of the good people. The US version is marginally better because it seems as though the wealth of talent is far greater to begin with and there's less soap opera antics with all the focus on personality.

As for Tulisa, I think she is a shocking judge too. Her comments about Misha are the reason for the backlash, and she knows it. She keeps saying, 'Oh, I was just being myself and saying what I felt needed to be said', but there was nothing stopping her from 'being herself' and saying all that stuff backstage away from the glare of the public. It was nothing short of public humiliation, in my opinion and a deliberate attempt to turn people against Misha. A clever tactic, but a low blow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

That's why X Factor is farcical. People vote for the 'nice' people instead of the good people.
    Ahem... Frankie. Lovely chap, he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

egan2020 wrote: »
    I read somewhere (probably on last year's thread) that any contestant who ended up in the bottom two has never went on to win the show. Does anyone know if this is the case?

It would be very interesting if this was true.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Opps! More evidence of voices being 'fixed'.

See: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2055551/X-Factor-2011-Kitty-Brucknells-voice-altered-Halloween-performance.html
    X Factor bosses have admitted digitally altering Kitty Brucknell's voice during her Halloween performance.
    But they have stopped short of saying she had been autotuned, calling the vocals a 'robotic effect'.
    Viewers vented on Twitter after Kitty's rendition of the Eurythmics classic Sweet Dreams on Saturday night's live show....

They do say it was only for 20 seconds - as for auto-tuning, I don't believe them. It's been noticeable a number of time every year that they use it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

Missed the show last night but heard Sophie went?? :eek: What the hell! Why on earth were her and Misha in the bottom two. So annoyed that plonker got through.

Did I miss anything else? were the judges annoyed?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement