Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2011 (UK show)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

It would be very interesting if this was true.

Yeah it is true.

Biggins I noticed that with Kitty's voice, but it wasn't "fixed"...it was obviously just a mic affect, it didn't actually improve her voice, we would have still heard if she was out of key.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Its a bad sign when you prefer Cher Lloyd over someone... thats how much of a plonker that Frankie is.

He clearly couldn't care less about the show, and is just using it to get 15 minutes of fame.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

egan2020 wrote: »
    I read somewhere (probably on last year's thread) that any contestant who ended up in the bottom two has never went on to win the show. Does anyone know if this is the case?
    Yep, that's true. Another strange bottom two statistic is that the person who stands on Dermot's right is usually the one to go home.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

Biggins wrote: »
    Opps! More evidence of voices being 'fixed'.

See: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2055551/X-Factor-2011-Kitty-Brucknells-voice-altered-Halloween-performance.html

They do say it was only for 20 seconds - as for auto-tuning, I don't believe them. It's been noticeable a number of time every year that they use it.

Rubbish. Biggins, no. The effect was for 20 seconds just as part of the production value of the song. It was openly altered, like they do all the time in music to produce an openly altered voice in parts. It's not autotune or helping their voice at all. It's an effect.

Singing was only ever auto-tuned in the auditions and never in the live shows. It was said to be because it's very, very hard to get the acoustics right to show what contestants actually sound like.

The show would be a sham if it were autotuned all the time, that is a ridiculous theory and I think you should withdraw that allegation.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Like I said, loads of musicians are pr*cks. It doesn't have any bearing on the fact that they're still good at what they do, and people will buy good music regardless of what the personality is like. That's why X Factor is farcical. People vote for the 'nice' people instead of the good people. The US version is marginally better because it seems as though the wealth of talent is far greater to begin with and there's less soap opera antics with all the focus on personality.

Well then it's the wrong platform for Misha then.
    As for Tulisa, I think she is a shocking judge too. Her comments about Misha are the reason for the backlash, and she knows it. She keeps saying, 'Oh, I was just being myself and saying what I felt needed to be said', but there was nothing stopping her from 'being herself' and saying all that stuff backstage away from the glare of the public. It was nothing short of public humiliation, in my opinion and a deliberate attempt to turn people against Misha. A clever tactic, but a low blow.

I have to laugh at the entire backlash falling on Tulisa. Louis was the judge who outright said that Misha was a bully, not Tulisa, who gave her some constructive advice on how to behave herself. Every other judge tells every other contestant to "be yourself/focus your energy" type of thing - yet when Tulisa tells Misha to put her competitiveness into her performance rather than unleashing it backstage she's accused of a "low blow"

Next thing we'll have the judge that tells Frankie to take it easy on the partying and to stop being a male slapper as it's effecting his performances and popularity will probably be accused of trying to stifle his creativity.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

The effect on Kitty's voice was just a phaser, it was glaringly obvious at the beginning and it was just a vocal effect. The entire rest of the song she sang herself and sang really well.

The X Factor trick for bad singers is to drown them out with backing vocals, so they can maintain their 'singing live' reputation while masking Frankie a bad singer's weaknesses.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Biggins wrote: »

This is hilarious! Another case of the Daily Mail stirring up crap!

Any somewhat bright individual would have been able to tell, musically trained or not, that Kitty's vocal pitch or tune was not being altered.
    I mess around with this "robotic effect" quite a lot on guitars and vocally as well. It is called a phaser. It modulates the sound. It does not auto-tune one bit.

I can only sit back and laugh at some of the medias reaction to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I really liked Sophie. :(

Novella wrote: »
    I really liked Sophie. :(

I agree. Her performance last night is the only one out of the whole night (other than, probably lidl mixx) that I would listen to on a regular basis on my MP3.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭saralou2011

who the hell is voting for frankie?? i know everyone hates kitty but i think she's the only one that can actually sing! i like johnny too! (when louis lets him sing a song to suit his voice)

• Advertisement

So who do you think is going to do well next week in the club classics....

THIS IS THE RHYTHM OF THE NIGHT!
    THE NIGHT, OH YEAH!
    THE RHYTHM OF THE NIGHT!

*everyone dancing wildly in their chair*

*sound of vinyl scratching and being stopped and everyone stops suddenly*

o_O

So anyway as I was saying, the club classics....

WHEN I DANCE THEY CALL ME MACARENA,
    AND THE BOYS THEY SAY THAT I'M BUENA...

*wild dancing in chairs*

*waves arms to stop, sound of vinyl being scratched and abruptly stopped again*

Ughhh... anyway I think that Kitty will shine most of all again this week in the..... Johnny probably will as well, but I just fear that some time he might make a mistake with his dangerous song choices or on stage.

IMO Garry won't have a notion of what to do, and acts like Craig who've been relying on ballads will be found out as one trick ponies, while Marcus will do really well. I can't even imagine how Janet is going to be. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

So who do you think is going to do well next week in the club classics....

THIS IS THE RHYTHM OF THE NIGHT!
    THE NIGHT, OH YEAH!
    THE RHYTHM OF THE NIGHT!

*everyone dancing wildly in their chair*

*sound of vinyl scratching and being stopped and everyone stops suddenly*

o_O

So anyway as I was saying, the club classics....

WHEN I DANCE THEY CALL ME MACARENA,
    AND THE BOYS THEY SAY THAT I'M BUENA...

*wild dancing in chairs*

*waves arms to stop, sound of vinyl being scratched and abruptly stopped again*

Ehhhh WHAT :confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Highlight of both shows last night was them playing YMCA for Louis. LOL :p

Justask wrote: »
    Ehhhh WHAT :confused::confused:

Whenever someone said "club classics" on the Xtra Factor last night they played this classic club song really loud and everyone started dancing for about five seconds when they cut the music.

They went around to each judge in turn first getting them to say the word, Louis being the last who got YMCA. :P They also did it when interviewing the contestants. It was fun. :)

It was fun. :)

Was it :confused: If you say so :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

phasers wrote: »
    ...The X Factor trick for bad singers is to drown them out with backing vocals, so they can maintain their 'singing live' reputation while masking Frankie a bad singer's weaknesses.

Absolutely!

Are / Did Craig and Sophie going out / went out together?

not sure. I know that he had a bet on her to win the thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

I thought Craig was gay? Didn't he come out a couple of weeks ago?

I dunno its just they seem to talk about each other a lot and sophie said something on xtra factor like "I love craig, I really do love him and will miss him".

Didnt know he was gay, I presume Marcus is also though.

• Advertisement

Wow, is there anyone who isn't gay apart from Frankie? It seems Marcus is gay.

I dunno its just they seem to talk about each other a lot and sophie said something on xtra factor like "I love craig, I really do love him and will miss him".

Didnt know he was gay, I presume Marcus is also though.

No Craig is gay, I think they are just good mates

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Wow, is there anyone who isn't gay apart from Frankie? It seems Marcus is gay.

There's two gay people (that we know of) in the series... So yeah, there are lots who aren't gay apart from Frankie

• Registered Users Posts: 7,763 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

I really liked Sophie but apart from Frankie she was probably the one that deserved to go last night. She really failed to shine on the live shows unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

There's two gay people (that we know of) in the series... So yeah, there are lots who aren't gay apart from Frankie
    Frankie would shag anything. He surely has to go this week. He will do his normal routine, come out and murder a song and then go get pissed, a quick shag and then to the sunday show for the results.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,255 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

whoever's voting for Frankie needs to be quarantined, neutered and, maybe, if their condition is severe enough, killed mercilessly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Out of 4 male solo singers- 3 are gay.. so yes that actually is a lot...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

cgpg5 wrote: »
    Out of 4 male solo singers- 3 are gay.. so yes that actually is a lot...

I knew johnny was gay but did not know about anyone else . So who else is gay on the xfactor this year. Anyone notice it's always the boys that are gay never the girls?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

I knew johnny was gay but did not know about anyone else . So who else is gay on the xfactor this year. Anyone notice it's always the boys that are gay never the girls?

Craig, Johnny, and Marcus!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Sami and Stefan from Nu Vibe are gay too iirc. :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement