Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2011 (UK show)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

cgpg5 wrote: »
    Out of 4 male solo singers- 3 are gay.. so yes that actually is a lot...

The post was "Is there anyone that isn't gay?" no mention of "male" or "solo singers"!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Craig, Johnny, and Marcus!

Craigs gay? O:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Going on people mentioning partners or discussing their sexuality:

Gay:
    Craig
    Marcus
    Johnny
    Sami
    Stefan from Nu Vibe

Straight:
    Frankie
    Amelia
    Johnjo
    Kitty

Unknown:
    The rest

I reckon there's still a straight majority

• Registered Users Posts: 28,948 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

phasers wrote: »

Gay:
    Craig
    Marcus
    Johnny
    Sami
    Stefan from Nu Vibe

Straight:
    Frankie
    Amelia
    Johnjo
    Kitty

Unknown:
    The rest

But its definitely not in proportion to the rest of society, especially when it comes to the males.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Craig, Johnny, and Marcus!

johnny's gay??:eek:never
    deise_girl wrote: »
    Craigs gay? O:

well that one was obvious.... i thought anyway

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Well then it's the wrong platform for Misha then.

I have to laugh at the entire backlash falling on Tulisa. Louis was the judge who outright said that Misha was a bully, not Tulisa, who gave her some constructive advice on how to behave herself. Every other judge tells every other contestant to "be yourself/focus your energy" type of thing - yet when Tulisa tells Misha to put her competitiveness into her performance rather than unleashing it backstage she's accused of a "low blow"

Next thing we'll have the judge that tells Frankie to take it easy on the partying and to stop being a male slapper as it's effecting his performances and popularity will probably be accused of trying to stifle his creativity.:rolleyes:

I agree it probably is the wrong platform for Misha. Doesn't take away from the fact that the whole show is a farce.

Like I said before, say it backstage if you want to say it. The thing is, all these issues of personality are brought up in public and are made to be the most important thing. That's what ruins the credibility of the show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

who the hell is voting for frankie?? i know everyone hates kitty but i think she's the only one that can actually sing! i like johnny too! (when louis lets him sing a song to suit his voice)

Nobody is voting for Frankie. The producers are keeping him in for the sake of ratings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Butterfly25

who the hell is voting for frankie??

He must have a HUGE family!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

He must have a HUGE family!!

Probably has a few kids at this stage too...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Nobody is voting for Frankie. The producers are keeping him in for the sake of ratings.

They wouldn't get away with that. He's probably turning people off watching.

• Advertisement

Namlub wrote: »
    Probably has a few kids at this stage too...

LOl

• Registered Users Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭keps

If you had planned to write a satire to debunk the entire X Factor experience- you could not have written a better script than the producers /judges have presented us with this year.

First of all you get 3 new judges - one of whom (Gary) is morose/dull and stupid and a self proclaimed liar.

Then you pick two untested but feisty female 'superstars' who you know are going to clash with each other( but that is why we pick them).

Then the production team in cahoots with the judges pick 16 'acts who will attract media attention' rather than people with genuine talent.

Then on week 1 you get rid of four of the acts you picked as possible outright winners the previous week.

Then when ratings surpisingly start to fall the producers tell the judges to create a bit a false drama by 'having a go at one another' and the contestants.

That then backfires and one on the judges leaves in a bit of a tantrum

Bullying and racist rumours then emerge.

I just cannot understand why they have to go down the path of the gutter press headlines and aim for the lowest common demoninator?

If they had picked the genuine best 12 acts from all the auditions- no matter whether they had tatoos on their arse or had the voice of a demented roman eunach - then the show would succeed

They cannot believe that people want to watch genuine talent and not some freak/oversexed/dull as dishwater wannabees with no real talent

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭A.Partridge

What are the chances that young Janet will end up in the bottom two this week?

I'd say fairly high, because she was brutal last week and yes, ok I know she's young and all that but really her performance was dreadful.

Anybody else feel that she should be back at school studying hard to be an accountant or something?...or am I being a bit unfair?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

keps wrote: »
    They cannot believe that people want to watch genuine talent and not some freak/oversexed/dull as dishwater wannabees with no real talent

Agreed... The way I used to look at it was the first auditions were there to serve your craving for cringe worthy performances. However, come bootcamp and live shows, that's when the competition starts to heat up!
    It seems that the producers are trying to make a full series out of the goings-on of the typical 1st episode of The Xfactor.

I think the chances of Janet ending up in the bottom 2 to be zero.

She was poor last week - but she is one of the few people left on the show whose photo you can actually imagine on the cover of a Cd and who could have a 'career'.

And the producers need to keep her type of talent in the show.

So next week I bet on a big song and a big performance as the last act of the Saturday show from Janet.

And safe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

I'd say fairly high, because she was brutal last week and yes, ok I know she's young and all that but really her performance was dreadful.

Anybody else feel that she should be back at school studying hard to be an accountant or something?...or am I being a bit unfair?

Not a hope of her being in bottom 2 I'd say, agree 100% with what keps said above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

The cynical side of me wonders whether producers have told judges to give Frankie more positive comments, in order to manipulate the public into believing he is improving and thus they will vote for him. Similar to Katie last year. The longer he stays in the competition, the more enraged the public will get and hense more publicity for show and consequently higher ratings. It would be interesting to see should he be in the bottom 2 on Sunday, would the judges vote to keep him in should he be up against (most likely) Kitty or Marcus for example?

The cynical side of me wonders ....

and what does the non-cynical side wonder?:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

phasers wrote: »

Gay:
    Craig
    Marcus
    Johnny
    Sami
    Stefan from Nu Vibe

Straight:
    Frankie
    Amelia
    Johnjo
    Kitty
    Janet
    the guy from the risk lead singer

Unknown:
    The rest

Helped with your list :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

keps wrote: »
    I think the chances of Janet ending up in the bottom 2 to be zero.

She was poor last week - but she is one of the few people left on the show whose photo you can actually imagine on the cover of a Cd and who could have a 'career'.

And the producers need to keep her type of talent in the show.

So next week I bet on a big song and a big performance as the last act of the Saturday show from Janet.

And safe

Did you see her sing at beginning of the Sunday show that is the type of songs they need to have her singing.More up beat and can also hear she has a good voice.
    I agree last week thought she was in trouble with that song and she thought so aswell.Luckily the public want her there and she gets another chance to up her game.After Gary barlows comments i would imagine Janet will be fighting Kelly for her song choices this week and from now on.She also need to tell them wardrobe people to feck off as her own style is much nicer and more endearing and pretty.

• Advertisement

caseyann wrote: »
    Helped with your list :)

charlie is straight, he said he has a g/f

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

If you can put any further trust in the papers, sleazeball has been supposedly now been shagging in a carpark!: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2056017/X-Factor-2011-Frankie-Cocozza-leaves-Amelia-Lily-tears-cheating-her.html

*sigh*

This show has really turned to schite - or at least allowing schites on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Biggins wrote: »
    This show has really turned to schite - or at least allowing schites on it!

The former me thinks.

It's days are numbered the way things are going. Contestants dropping out, judges changing, group names changing. Its really gone to schite.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Kitty is now in trouble after apparently calling Derry from the risk "an evil black bast*rd"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2056476/X-Factor-2011-Kitty-Brucknell-apologises-racially-abusing-The-Risks-Derry-Mensah.html

lizt wrote: »
    Kitty is now in trouble after apparently calling Derry from the risk "an evil black bast*rd"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2056476/X-Factor-2011-Kitty-Brucknell-apologises-racially-abusing-The-Risks-Derry-Mensah.html

Aye, actually read that in the Indo a few days ago.
    It was quickly shoved aside as a story by the producers for obvious reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

I would expect the boos to be back for Kitty on Saturday night if this has any truth to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

This could be the end of Kitty if the allegations have any truth in them... We saw what happened to Misha B when she was alleged to have bullied Sami. I suspect that we will see Kitty in the bottom two this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Janet will get to the final based on the N.I vote alone IMO. If it can work for that Eoghan quigg guy, it can certainly work for Janet.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,448 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

lizt wrote: »

Tulisa should tackle her on this on the show like she did with Misha

• Advertisement

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    This could be the end of Kitty if the allegations have any truth in them... We saw what happened to Misha B when she was alleged to have bullied Sami. I suspect that we will see Kitty in the bottom two this week.

I suspect that it won't even be mentioned or hinted at.
    The last thing the producers of the show would want is racist problems.
    ...And besides, the only fighting and arguments they want to see getting publicity, are the ones they make up as they try cleverly spinning as real, as publicity for the show!

It looks like sleaseball is in trouble again: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2056983/Better-late-Frankie-Cocozza-hauled-X-Factor-bosses-12-hour-booze-bender.html

The Huffington Post:
    ...There's always a fine line when it comes to provocative drama and controversy, and the difference between compelling and pathetic is usually about a couple of inches. Currently, X Factor is miles away from the Katharine Hepburn end of things and firmly in the drunk guy at a party end, the kind who thinks it's a great idea to pour washing up liquid on the floor with a view to getting a foam party going. With the BBC sizing up yet another punter-gets-shot-at-bigtime hit with The Voice, X Factor needs to sober up pretty quickly.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/paddy-duffy/x-factor-just-aint-got-it_b_1066430.html

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement