Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2011 (UK show)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭keps

What happens in a double elimination - I forget

is there a sing or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

keps wrote: »
    What happens in a double elimination - I forget

is there a sing or what?

The results are revealed as usual, with all acts on stage named one by once until the bottom 3 are revealed.

The person with the lowest number if public votes is voted off straight away, and the remaining 2 carry on to the usual sing off.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Well the producers must be as thick as shit, because anyone with even half a brain cell could tell them that swapping the groups won't boost the ratings, but that people are sick of the likes of Frankie on it every week being shoved down our throats and the judges lying through their teeth about him singing well.

They had no problem in the past telling contestants they were crap and out of tune, why is this idiot the exception?

The public don't like being lied to and don't like to see an injustice, so ratings will continue to drop as the judges give people the boot that don't deserve to be kicked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

um i don't understand something here, frankie is being "celebrated" for being a womanizer and a party animal and gary is like meh whatever. but wasn't that one of the reasons gary and robbie had their blow out back in the 90s?

plus if a girl did this, there would be an even bigger gasp and hoopla. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭CarMe

Frankie is exactly the same as that Mafia skanky girl from a few years back, remember the one who couldn't sing and was always out on the piss? She wasn't celebrated or even let on the live shows so I don't know why Frankie is :( ugh!

can't understand it ether

cgpg5 wrote: »

I cant see all the judges agreeing to that!

I'd say it was just floated to try to gain publicity -without actually going ahead with it.

Also the bookies have taken loads of bets on 1st judge to be 'eliminated'- based on their acts. Maybe they could refund?

i think gary might change his mind on not wanting the overs now. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

CarMe wrote: »
    Frankie is exactly the same as that Mafia skanky girl from a few years back, remember the one who couldn't sing and was always out on the piss? She wasn't celebrated or even let on the live shows so I don't know why Frankie is :( ugh!

No? :confused:

• Advertisement

keps wrote: »
    I cant see all the judges agreeing to that!

Is it up to them to agree to it though? And let's face it, I'm sure they're (almost) as interested in upping the ratings as the producers are.

Is it up to them to agree to it though? And let's face it, I'm sure they're (almost) as interested in upping the ratings as the producers are.

Cant see Kelly agreeing to take Misha or gary agreeing to take Louis' lot.

It's just my opinion that this is a 'spin' for the tabloids and that it will not happen - but I'm generally wrong when I make predictions like this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

i watched usa xfactor lastnight and my god it was good. the talent there was realy brilliant, compared to uk its a different show. there is no talented person on the uk xfactor, production was good, makeup was normal as in they didnt do them up like'' throw the paint at them and hope for the best,'' cloths were ok ,they didnt do hair like a dead monkey on the head, its what it should be a singing contest, not judges biting at each other. so fed up of uk xfactor, production is ****e, hair and makeup is ****e, sack them all, that includes the twat judges.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

I watch x-factor and the oh gets a bit of the gossip from the sunday papers - was/is there a rumour that they want to axe a judge and it's down to Louis to decide?

The Guvnor wrote: »
    I watch x-factor and the oh gets a bit of the gossip from the sunday papers - was/is there a rumour that they want to axe a judge and it's down to Louis to decide?

I thought it was Louis who was going to be axed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

I thought it was Louis who was going to be axed.

According to the paper - LW is SC's right hand man - eyes and ears in the UK and his seat is safe but other's are up for grabs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Hypothetically Johnny and Kitty, for example, could both be sent home tomorrow night. Should they change mentors that could, for example, leave Gary with no acts when he should have 3. It's a ridiculous notion switching mentors in my opinion.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

Hypothetically Johnny and Kitty, for example, could both be sent home tomorrow night. Should they change mentors that could, for example, leave Gary with no acts when he should have 3. It's a ridiculous notion switching mentors in my opinion.

It's the stupidest thing they have ever done if they go ahead and do it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

Ah, Chloe. Ew.

Oh she was a hottie, come on. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

It's the stupidest thing they have ever done if they go ahead and do it.

I agree. It would be unfair on the acts too. They are really scrambling for viewers now if they have to have a double eviction and this big twist.

I don't understand why they think they need to change the format, they had the most amount of viewers last year and there were barely any changes.

They just don't have the talent this year, no one cares who wins as long as it's not Frankie.

that's another excellent reason to realise that this was just a story 'leaked 'to the press to bolster interest - but was never a runner

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

They're the Club Classics?????
    Jesus.

The Risk's song is disco, not Club classic.
    The re-make of Craig's song is technically a Club Classic, but I reckon they're going to stick with the original ballady version of it for him.
    Johnny's is going to be brilliant, and the 2 songs are probably the closest to club classics than anyone else's.
    Mankie - Fook off.
    Janet's song - No. Not Club Classic. Just no.
    Kitty's is a stretch, but close enough.
    Little Mix - Safe choice, dance song, but it's not a club classic.
    Mischa - A motown classic is not a club classic.
    Marcus - Never even heard of it to be honest.

Is it just me, or is Louis pretty much the most consistent in terms of picking songs that stick with the theme?

in order to continue liking the song that frankie is singing tonight, i'll mute my t.v

um, misha b's song is a club classic??

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

They're not sticking to the theme :eek::eek:

That's NEVER happened before :P:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Once again very prudent song choice for Frankie. :(

• Advertisement

um as well how on earth is frankie's song a club classic when the song is only like 2 years old

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement