Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2011 (UK show)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

You want Kelly to be condescending towards your cock?!

:D

Seriously though, this series is fcuking dreadful, a train-wreck. I'd say Simon Cowell is seeing red with the childrens antics going on at the judges table. I always thought i didnt like Cowell before but when he was playing bad cop he always seemed fair and knowledgeable at least, Barlow is just a dick. Not to mention Louis's little tantrums.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Tomorrow will see Frankie and Janet making their exit from the competition.

Marcus or Misha B will win the X Factor.

Misha B has no chance, no likeability factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

darlett wrote: »
    Im jealous! Remote outta reach. Might throw my brick of a phone at tv in desperation.

well when i saw the song list i made sure i had the remote by my side. i like that song too much.
    Biggins wrote: »
    Crown back?

Good luck putting it on that head!

lol i thought that myself.

btw what with putting your one from little mix in black?? i know she's not skinny, but she's not heavy ether.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Tomorrow will see Frankie and Janet making their exit from the competition.

Marcus or Misha B will win the X Factor.

Thought Misha would be a goner but she's really pulling it back now. She is very good. And.......

They are editing her now to show her softer side. Bringing in the family, and showing her messing around with yer man from The Risk in the house. The production team know they've a winner here so they're trying to get the audience to like her again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

I think out of all who are left I think that Marcus is going to win the competition. Relatively speaking, he hasn't really had a bad performance. He's a nice and genuine guy who I think, with the right songs, could be very successful if he wins.
    I think the final 3 will be :

1)Marcus
    2)Misha B
    3)The Risk (I'm not a huge fan of this band but I think they have strong support.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭swizzle123

x factor a load a muck.. totally scripted... but yet ya cant find yourself addicted!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,278 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Thought the best tonight were Misha B, Marcus (love him!), Craig and the Risk

They all seem to be upping their game this week though...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

leahyl wrote: »
    Thought the best tonight were Misha B, Marcus (love him!), Craig and the Risk

They all seem to be upping their game this week though...

I agree . I also think janet did well this week . Frankie was the worst

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

In fairness, Kelly has a good pair of pipes on her too, anyone will look average beside Beyonce.

I actually don't think Beyonce is all that good and she would look and sound average next to Shakira.:)

Every year people are touted as the next big thing and tbf they all go pretty much nowhere.

I don't think any of this lot will go anywhere except perhaps Kitty (whom I think is the best this year by far) - tbh this year the overall talent seems pretty dire.

Compare this lot to say Shayne Ward for example or even say Ruth Lorenzo and where are these two now.

As for last night - Frankie deserves to go - as for the second - does anyone really care anymore?

• Advertisement

Agree 100% here! Plus it's fair to say her mentor is starting to annoy people as well which will count against her as well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Larianne wrote: »
    ...They are editing her now to show her softer side. Bringing in the family, and showing her messing around with yer man from The Risk in the house. The production team know they've a winner here so they're trying to get the audience to like her again.

I thought that too. The PR on her is becoming consistent.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Frankie and Janet 10/1 to go.

Tempted by this but I really don't want Janet to go.

Edit: Although Frankie has the support of the girls so at 25/1 for Kitty and Janet is tempting too.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

py2006 wrote: »
    Frankie and Janet 10/1 to go.

Tempted by this but I really don't want Janet to go.
    Well I don't think you putting that bet on is going to increase her chances of going :pac:

I can't see Janet going though, as crap as she was last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

So I'm sad to say I was sitting down with mrs Ziedth last night waiting for x factor to come on and we just kind of looked atbeach other and said are we really that bothered to watch it? We both said no! Put on a film instead.

What we're gonna do now is just tape them both and flick through both shows in less then 30min. For the wife to say that I can really see how they are loosing viewers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Well I don't think you putting that bet on is going to increase her chances of going :pac:

I can't see Janet going though, as crap as she was last night.

Hah,

I like Janet but yea last night wasn't great!! But then again she was asked to do an up tempo song but it didn't suit. Her talent is in the slower songs.

I think we are due a shock elimination (one every year) and that would be Janet.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    oh no, dermot not dancing again. why?

What was the song that was playing for Dermot as he introduced the show?

Slightly off topic but still speaking of a previous X-Factor...

I see Simon Cowell stole Gamu Nhengu's version of a Katrina And The Waves song for his X Factor USA contestant Rachel Crow - and said he came up with it. Gamu should come back to see justice be done! http://lnw.me/BtyLXQ

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭BQQ

The Guvnor wrote: »
    I actually don't think Beyonce is all that good and she would look and sound average next to Shakira.:)

Here they are next to each other. Beyonce sounds pretty good to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

As much as I don't like saying it I just can't see Frankie getting the lowest vote. I reckon it'll be Kitty unfortunately. There is always a shock elimination however or shock person in the bottom (Laura White, Maria Lawson for elimination and JLS, Olly Murs for bottom 2 come to mind). Reckon we'll see a surprise tonight. I think Marcus incredibly is the only one that's safe.

• Advertisement

I think Frankie will be in the bottom three for sure.
    Along with the Irish lass and one other.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

Just catching up now. Janet was appalling. I can't believe the judges were so easy on her for forgetting her lines like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,872 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Frankie was really bad from the start but the judges really buried the young lad. Walsh has the two female judges ( who are they ? ) under the cosh. He's out of control. Barlow can handle him because he has the experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,278 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Biggins wrote: »
    Slightly off topic but still speaking of a previous X-Factor...

I see Simon Cowell stole Gamu Nhengu's version of a Katrina And The Waves song for his X Factor USA contestant Rachel Crow - and said he came up with it. Gamu should come back to see justice be done! http://lnw.me/BtyLXQ

I was thinking that when I was watching it the other day!! He is such a smug git!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

Ok seen it all now. Thought Micha b was the best followed by the mix.

Louis still my fav judge but I think tulisa is great. She's not getting involved with the catty arguments. Kelly and Gary need to realise that Louis is stirring it purposely. It's embarrassing for them when they take everything he says so seriously and get overly defensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

The Guvnor wrote: »
    Every year people are touted as the next big thing and tbf they all go pretty much nowhere.

I don't think any of this lot will go anywhere except perhaps Kitty (whom I think is the best this year by far) - tbh this year the overall talent seems pretty dire.

I don't think that's the point of the show anymore and hasn't been for the last few seasons. It's a massive money spinner for Cowell, ITV, the production companies etc, without any of the contestants ever making it big. They're all tied into contracts once they sign up and are at the mercy of the X-factor for the guts of a year I suppose once it all kicks off, with the tour after the live shows are finished. Cowell etc are making millions from all this stuff. They don't need to find the next big thing. If they do, it's a bonus. If they really wanted to spend time pushing the winner they'd have a truckload of songs waiting for them, and have them released every 2-3 months after Christmas to strike while the iron is hot.

Instead they wait 8-9 months when people have forgotten about them release something and it either sells or it doesn't. Doesn't matter, the new season is starting, last year's winner is old news. They've lost the fanbase they had either because while we all sit and watch and say Marcus is great, Frankie is shit every week, we're still only watching them do covers so it's hard to say if we'd like them doing original stuff cos we don't know what that original stuff is.

Cowell is a very clever man, X-factor isn't a whole lot different to Stars in their Eyes in reality.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Bottom 3 will be Kitty, Frankie and Janet I think, with Kitty and Frankie going, but I hope rythmix goes. Their cringe worthy, especially when they try hip hop.

dolliemix wrote: »
    Louis still my fav judge but I think tulisa is great. She's not getting involved with the catty arguments. Kelly and Gary need to realise that Louis is stirring it purposely. It's embarrassing for them when they take everything he says so seriously and get overly defensive.

You do know most of those arguments are scripted and just done to make the show slightly interesting and get people talking? Their not really fighting and are likely told what to say and do in the "arguments"...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Doirtybirdy

Tinie wrote: »
    You do know most of those arguments are scripted and just done to make the show slightly interesting and get people talking? Their not really fighting and are likely told what to say and do in the "arguments"...
    Actually they aren't.
    I've met Louis,asked him about this and he looked me in the eye saying it's spontaneous,they don't rehearse it and I believe him.

Sadly If Janet is in the bottom 4 she will probably go.So will frankie but obviously deservedly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Actually they aren't.
    I've met Louis,asked him about this and he looked me in the eye saying it's spontaneous,they don't rehearse it and I believe him.
    Of course hes going to say that :rolleyes:

Look its common knowledge that they have the bones of the show scripted and rehearsed already. The arguments are so fake and obvious. People knew this back when it was Louis, Sharon and Simon sure, with the whole glass of water incident etc.

Its called trying to get ratings.

• Advertisement

Tinie wrote: »
    ...You do know most of those arguments are scripted and just done to make the show slightly interesting and get people talking? Their not really fighting and are likely told what to say and do in the "arguments"...

I have NO doubts about that. Its just another, one more stunt to ratchet up some further publicity for the show.
    They might not be EXACTLY scripted but when given the opportunity, they turn it on and play it up for the cameras and the viewing people at home.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement