Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2011 (UK show)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Tinie wrote: »
    Of course hes going to say that :rolleyes:

Look its common knowledge that they have the bones of the show scripted and rehearsed already. The arguments are so fake and obvious. People knew this back when it was Louis, Sharon and Simon sure, with the whole glass of water incident etc.

Its called trying to get ratings.

I remember wasn't it in one of the early series where Sharon and Simon were caught actually training certain contestants to argue back to them..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,494 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Frankie and Janet to go tonight please.
    A few weeks ago I would have liked to see Kitty go but they're portraying her in a much better light. Also, she's stopped all the overly dramatic histrionics after she's performed and is coming across as a much nicer person now.
    Don't like Misha B either but there's not a chance the judges will vote her off.
    Janet has zero personality (bit harsh on a 16yr old but that's the way it is) and I'm sick of the "waif" act, it was tedious when Diana did it a few years ago and it's STILL tedious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

boratmankiniverynice.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Voting two off tonight people?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,494 ✭✭✭Heroditas

cannot_be_unseen.jpg?1257471121

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Kelly said she will quit the X factor if the mentors are switched.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,938 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

I thought she was just threatening to quit in general.

I really do not see her coming back next year (if there is a next year).

I thought she was just threatening to quit in general.

I really do not see her coming back next year (if there is a next year).

If there is a next year they'll surely have to get Simon and Cheryl back I'd reckon to boost ratings.

Marcus Collins has jumped to 10/3 favourite to win the show, which is incredible considering he was deemed a no-hoper early on. I know its early days but fair play!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

cgpg5 wrote: »
    If there is a next year they'll surely have to get Simon and Cheryl back I'd reckon to boost ratings.

That would turn me off. I wouldn't mind Simon coming back, I could deal with that but Cheryl? Thanks but no thanks! From reading digital spy and the comment section on the mail online she's not actually liked by that many people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Marcus Collins has jumped to 10/3 favourite to win the show, which is incredible considering he was deemed a no-hoper early on. I know its early days but fair play!
    I hope not, I find him just so incredibly irritating.

I hope not, I find him just so incredibly irritating.

Tbh it doesn't count for much, for example he could have a poor week next week and be put out to 10/1 I just thought it was interesting considering no-one gave him a hope. To be honest I can't call a winner at all. Regardless Little mix and the Risk may turn out to be the real winners as they're the only ones I could see being successful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

BQQ wrote: »
    Here they are next to each other. Beyonce sounds pretty good to me.

I knew this would be posted after my comment!:D
    I think Beyonce comes off 2nd best in this video.
    I just don't think Beyonce is as good as she would have us all believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭sgb

lizt wrote: »
    That would turn me off. I wouldn't mind Simon coming back, I could deal with that but Cheryl? Thanks but no thanks! From reading digital spy and the comment section on the mail online she's not actually liked by that many people.

Don't care what people say I would love to see Cheryl back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Missed last nights show so just watching the performance's on Youtube now!

Craig: Sensational! Best his voice has sounded since his first audition and judges houses!

Marcus: Absolutely charming!! A very entertaining performance and his best of all the live shows so far!

Frankie: Is there even any point? It's a joke that's gone way too far!

Kitty: Didn't like it, vocals were over the top and self indulgent! But I don't think she has anything to worry about this week.

Johnny: As fun as ever! Bit irritating on the chorus though! But you can't help smile when you're watching him! Some very good notes towards the end too! Luis doesn't take him seriously enough!

Mischa B: Could have done without the talking at the start but she sounded great!

Janet: She looked very uncomfortable, wasn't easy to watch! She sounded distinctly average! In fact, the end was way below par.

The Risk: Quite enjoyed them this week! Harmonies were tip top! Really benefiting fro their new addition!

Little Mix: Distinctly average. They still don't feel like they've gelled properly as a group.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,872 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Watching the US version now, talent is miles better than the UK. UK has a much weaker talent base this year than before. Cowell not being around perhaps?

Missed last nights show so just watching the performance's on Youtube now!

Craig: Sensational! Best his voice has sounded since his first audition and judges houses!

Marcus: Absolutely charming!! A very entertaining performance and his best of all the live shows so far!

Frankie: Is there even any point? It's a joke that's gone way too far!

Kitty: Didn't like it, vocals were over the top and self indulgent! But I don't think she has anything to worry about this week.

Johnny: As fun as ever! Bit irritating on the chorus though! But you can't help smile when you're watching him! Some very good notes towards the end too! Luis doesn't take him seriously enough!

Mischa B: Could have done without the talking at the start but she sounded great!

Janet: She looked very uncomfortable, wasn't easy to watch! She sounded distinctly average! In fact, the end was way below par.

The Risk: Quite enjoyed them this week! Harmonies were tip top! Really benefiting fro their new addition!

Little Mix: Distinctly average. They still don't feel like they've gelled properly as a group.

She may be a great singer but she lacks the popularity factor (which is down to herself acting the tool in judges houses etc.), she's getting a lot more fans but it won't be enough along with Frankie she has everything to worry about I feel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

She may be a great singer but she lacks the popularity factor (which is down to herself acting the tool in judges houses etc.), she's getting a lot more fans but it won't be enough along with Frankie she has everything to worry about I feel.

I'd say it will come down to her, Frankie and Janet but ultimately I dont think she'll go. As much as I don't like her , she wasn't the worst last night. If she goes, it's purely based on her personality.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

If Kitty goes I can't think of a single redeeming thing that would make me continue to watch that programme

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

If Kitty goes I can't think of a single redeeming thing that would make me continue to watch that programme

This thread and taking the pee out of the rest? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭sgb

ebbsy wrote: »
    UK has a much weaker talent base this year than before

Totally agree

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

lizt wrote: »
    Kelly said she will quit the X factor if the mentors are switched.
    That'd be great but she's full of shit and it clearly won't happen...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

ebbsy wrote: »
    Watching the US version now, talent is miles better than the UK. UK has a much weaker talent base this year than before. Cowell not being around perhaps?

I'd agree, but part of that is down to some of the crap decisions the judges made too. Frankie is the obvious example there - a waste of space on a couple of levels but clearly was never great to begin with. So many others could have taken his place and even if they had been knocked out by now, would have done a better job on the live shows. Choosing Goldie to go through to judges houses was another waste of a place that could have gone to someone more deserving.

It's become too much about pantomime and tabloid headlines and less about singing.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,422 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Who is the musical guest(s) tonight?

I'm hoping Olly Murs might perform his new single

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

JLS is one of them anyway. Olly could be a maybe actually. I don't think they mentioned anyone else. :\

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

JLS, don't know who else though.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

gsxr1 wrote: »
    boratmankiniverynice.jpg

I'm going to have nightmares tonight :eek:

If Olly is performing I may actually die.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Just saw the X Factor finalists singing When You Wish Upon A Star on an ad for M&S on Itv2.. weird!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

Florence and the machine :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement