Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2011 (UK show)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

I want an Ollie hug :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Her chin is so annoying.. ><

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Good voice but there is no 'spark' for me.

Is she rubbing her boobs during the big notes?

Oooooh Kelly's had enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Fine. But you have to stay after class and put up the chairs.

And clean the paint pots I suppose...

• Advertisement

This guy's singing OMG better than Usher did last year.

I think that guy will always be a backing vocalist to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

In fairness her having that many tattoos is like most people having one.
    I doubt there's ever been a night she didn't feel like chicken.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

well im watching xfactor for the first time, cos simon cowell and that cole wan really grined,d my gears ,so glad they are gone..the 4 judges are a breath of fresh air to the show at last.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭T0mmyM

cats.life wrote: »
    well im watching xfactor for the first time, cos simon cowell and that cole wan really grined,d my gears ,so glad they are gone..the 4 judges are a breath of fresh air to the show at last.

I agree, Simon was beyond a broken record. Nice to hear some new sentences being said by the judges this year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Oh dear, so bad it's not even funny.

I'm so confused.

Jonny good but HATE the facial contortions.

Gary would have said no if the crowd werent there. A lot of crap getting through due to the crowd imo.

cats.life wrote: »
    well im watching xfactor for the first time, cos simon cowell and that cole wan really grined,d my gears ,so glad they are gone...

I agree but not taking to Kelly or Barlow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Just saw the start of The Beast's audition, missed it earlier. She was awful at the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭T0mmyM

I'm not taking to any of them tbh. I'm just thankfull Simons smug mug isn't there anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Really enjoying the show so far...... The judges really got emotional last night when the Scottish girl was singing Adele. I think they've all been great so far (the judges).......

Delighted the double shows begin next week:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Biggins wrote: »
    Kelly's great fun! Barlow, meh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

This is such a ridiculously evil programme, it is stunning. More proof with this one:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Df68ODCjiaQ

Yes, the guy is ridiculously untalented and when he lost the plot made a magnificent tit of himself. But that's not the point I am making - the point is that the judges went out of their way to provoke him.

1. The music stopping when he was off-stage and behind the panel was blatantly just to humiliate him, and this before he had done anything wrong (and had actually been apologetic about his previous appearance on the show). You can see how put out by this he was, as anybody would be. It was 100% uncalled for.

2. The prompting of the audience for the 'off, off, off!' chant was deliberately timed as well - otherwise they would have been doing it far earlier, as it was blatant how poor he was within 5 seconds of the song starting. Between this and the last point, anybodoy would be upset over this happening to them - his lack of talent was embarrassing enough, the production team's "timing" was only rubbing salt in the wound. Yet he was not aggressive here. Put out yes, noticeably irritated yes, but aggressive? No. He did quite well controlling himself at this point.

3. He then goes back on stage where Kelly Rowland first provokes him (only a bit though, and somewhat justified as he was letting the crowd get to him). Then Gary Barlow basically calls him a rotten person, which had nothing to do with his performance, and at that point was 100%, entirely unfounded. Then the middle judge he later blew up at calls him a very angry and aggressive person... although he had shown very few signs of it. At this point he was still trying to hold it together and to be nice/cordial/whatever, even if it did show that his claim of "I'm happy" was a front. So she tells him he is not happy - again porovoking (the 'not a good vibe' comment was fair, telling somebody they are unhappy is not). Then Louis Walsh comes out and tells him he has 'no likability at all' - again a personal attack and nothing to do with his performance and/or (lack of) talent. Sayin his singing was not good was very fair, of course.

4. His friend running up on stage. Come on! Obviously she was put up to it to add to their collective embarrassment, otherwise security would never let a randomer/friend/guest on stage unannounced. Note how the camera shows her running up the stairs, but never the point from where she goes from watching the monitor, to turning to go on stage. Funny, eh?

Everything he did after that was ridiculous and he made an unbelievable fool out of himself. Had they cut off his music when he was closer to the stage (and thus not having to make a humiliating walk of shame, knowing what would be coming next), and had they not spent the 'judging' part doing almost nothing but personally attacking and abusing him... his reaction may well have been the same. But we'll never know, since the show went entirely out of it's way to humiliate somebody who was already humiliating themselves in the first place.

His psychobabble backstage also makes me worry for the guy's mental health, as opposed to him simply being an ass (and there are a lot of mentally unwell people who are brought on stage to be laughed at by millions for this show).

X-Factor is the modern equivalent of the lion's den in Roman Times, where people go with the idea that while it would be great to see a 'hero' of sorts born, it would be far better to see blood (or basically, somebopdy being utterly humiliated like in the clip above). The only difference being that X-Factor only kills it's participants on the inside.

Morally bankrupt is really the only way to describe the whole thing.

EDIT: Just clarifying I am not talking about everybody that watches the show, but this type of stuff is where the majority of it's ratings come from.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

I personally wished they didnt show him again on the show.I couldnt even believe they wasted five mins of the show again on him who clearly couldnt sing and it wasnt going to change this year
    .I thought it was a waste of time and i agree was done on purpose to mock him.

The shows lack of showing of actual singers and giving good viewing to the people is boring me to tears at this stage last week was rubbish and last nights was also rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Billy86 wrote: »
    This is such a ridiculously evil programme, it is stunning. More proof with this one:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Df68ODCjiaQ

Yes, the guy is ridiculously untalented and when he lost the plot made a magnificent tit of himself. But that's not the point I am making - the point is that the judges went out of their way to provoke him.

1. The music stopping when he was off-stage and behind the panel was blatantly just to humiliate him, and this before he had done anything wrong (and had actually been apologetic about his previous appearance on the show). You can see how put out by this he was, as anybody would be. It was 100% uncalled for.

2. The prompting of the audience for the 'off, off, off!' chant was deliberately timed as well - otherwise they would have been doing it far earlier, as it was blatant how poor he was within 5 seconds of the song starting. Between this and the last point, anybodoy would be upset over this happening to them - his lack of talent was embarrassing enough, the production team's "timing" was only rubbing salt in the wound. Yet he was not aggressive here. Put out yes, noticeably irritated yes, but aggressive? No. He did quite well controlling himself at this point.

3. He then goes back on stage where Kelly Rowland first provokes him (only a bit though, and somewhat justified as he was letting the crowd get to him). Then Gary Barlow basically calls him a rotten person, which had nothing to do with his performance, and at that point was 100%, entirely unfounded. Then the middle judge he later blew up at calls him a very angry and aggressive person... although he had shown very few signs of it. At this point he was still trying to hold it together and to be nice/cordial/whatever, even if it did show that his claim of "I'm happy" was a front. So she tells him he is not happy - again porovoking (the 'not a good vibe' comment was fair, telling somebody they are unhappy is not). Then Louis Walsh comes out and tells him he has 'no likability at all' - again a personal attack and nothing to do with his performance and/or (lack of) talent. Sayin his singing was not good was very fair, of course.

4. His friend running up on stage. Come on! Obviously she was put up to it to add to their collective embarrassment, otherwise security would never let a randomer/friend/guest on stage unannounced. Note how the camera shows her running up the stairs, but never the point from where she goes from watching the monitor, to turning to go on stage. Funny, eh?

Everything he did after that was ridiculous and he made an unbelievable fool out of himself. Had they cut off his music when he was closer to the stage (and thus not having to make a humiliating walk of shame, knowing what would be coming next), and had they not spent the 'judging' part doing almost nothing but personally attacking and abusing him... his reaction may well have been the same. But we'll never know, since the show went entirely out of it's way to humiliate somebody who was already humiliating themselves in the first place.

His psychobabble backstage also makes me worry for the guy's mental health, as opposed to him simply being an ass (and there are a lot of mentally unwell people who are brought on stage to be laughed at by millions for this show).

X-Factor is the modern equivalent of the lion's den in Roman Times, where people go with the idea that while it would be great to see a 'hero' of sorts born, it would be far better to see blood (or basically, somebopdy being utterly humiliated like in the clip above). The only difference being that X-Factor only kills it's participants on the inside.

Morally bankrupt is really the only way to describe the whole thing.

EDIT: Just clarifying I am not talking about everybody that watches the show, but this type of stuff is where the majority of it's ratings come from.

Wow...someone's taking it all a bit too seriously...

Just watched last night's show. That Scottish girl...really? I obviously missed something there because I found her mediocre and forgettable. Dunno what was going on with all the tears! Glad that next weekend will be the final weekend of auditions, getting sick of them now. Roll on bootcamp!

They need to just show the top quality auditions with the judges opinions. After that, the one's that are so bad they're funny but with just the judges saying yes or no. Everyone else should just be in a montage type deal. A lot of the people they have shown have been awful but not the funny awful.

Just watched last night's show. That Scottish girl...really? I obviously missed something there because I found her mediocre and forgettable. Dunno what was going on with all the tears! Glad that next weekend will be the final weekend of auditions, getting sick of them now. Roll on bootcamp!

She'll get to the live shows, I reckon. They're going to whore off her Nan as much as possible.
    They showed the granny so much during her audition she's probably qualified for the show now :rolleyes:

Whatserface didn't do herself any favours bitching about Fyfe though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Wow...someone's taking it all a bit too seriously...
    I don't even watch the show, not a fan and just saw that randomly on a repeat earlier today.

I studied film in college by the way, somebody in my course did their thesis on this (how these shows are essentially evil) and so I was interested and asked them a bit about it. It was -really- obvious when watching that clip, hence why I felt like commenting on it. It also has an influence far beyond TV shows, and plays a significant role in the 'dumbing down' of the public via the media that we see so much of these days (see also: Mail, Daily).

• Registered Users Posts: 86,601 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Why was Kelly and Lulu crying :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Was it just me or was there a complete over reaction to Jade Richards?

I mean, she was very good but they made her out to be the greatest singer that ever existed!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

py2006 wrote: »

I mean, she was very good but they made her out to be the greatest singer that ever existed!

they actually got her to change her whole image so she would look ok, if she had of walked on stage as she norm looked things might of been different, to her advantage, but she is good yis will see it in the live rounds, for true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

py2006 wrote: »

Def over reaction... I dont think she was note perfect. Louis only cried coz kelly did!
    Shes good.... But shes not world class imo... Which is what they made her out to be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

I think Lulu cried as this would have been recorded around the time he was hitting the Headlines in the Summer.

Yea agree Jade Richards was average. Adele's song someone like you is an excellent teargerker ballad
    Tears = yes x 4

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement