Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2011 (UK show)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

At what stage is it completely up to the public as to who gets eliminated? I know they conveniently changed the rules last year to keep Cher Lloyd but in previous years, when was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

cgpg5 wrote: »
    Can someone clarify something? I didn't hear it but the housemates reckon Olly said Little mix topped poll last week? BUt surely he's no way of knowing...? I don't believe them

It was the poll on digitalspy. They conduct a poll every week after the Saturday show to see its users think was the best. Last week Little Mix got the most votes, this week it was Marcus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

egan2020 wrote: »
    At what stage is it completely up to the public as to who gets eliminated? I know they conveniently changed the rules last year to keep Cher Lloyd but in previous years, when was it?

Generally when it's down to 5 I think. There is usually 2 weeks where its completely down to public and then its the final!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

It was the poll on digitalspy. They conduct a poll every week after the Saturday show to see its users think was the best. Last week Little Mix got the most votes, this week it was Marcus.

Ah ya cheers knew they were talkin bull haha, no way little mix are toppin poll I'd say! Can't wait to see when results come out though at end of series, always a few shocks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

They should get rid of the sing off, since the judges dont use it

Regardless of anything else, they should be makin their decision on the sing off performance, but they just keep who they like. tis bollix

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Wasn't on tonight, will have a look through the thread now but I can pretty much guess what people's reactions were.

So pissed off that Wankie Cockozza is still in. I never normally believe in the claim of fixes but this week I am beginning to! the only thing that I can think that kept him in was the sympathy vote which is unfair.

I know it's not always the best singers that win, it's about the whole package. but at least they actually had some talent.

The Risk did not deserve to go. If it had been a sing off and they had been saved I think that they would be safe for another few weeks.
    Sad to see Johnny go but he's probably better off out of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭horsemeat

kitty has some set of snooker balls between her legs i'd say. she looks like a bloke.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Wankie, Manky, Skanky... hahah!

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

WTF are The Risk doing? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Awh The Risk.. cheesy Boys to Men. Ah, Charlie so swoony. Olly getting nervous, he wants to ask his stupid questions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,947 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

WTF are The Risk doing? :confused:
    Its like the weirdest job audition ever. They obviously realise thats the last opportunity they will have to play to a decent size audience ever again.

In fairness The Risk are very good. I feel like they just needed an amazing performance one week to show everyone what they are capable of - it happened last week with Little Mix and this week with Marcus. Pity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

lizt wrote: »
    Wasn't on tonight, will have a look through the thread now but I can pretty much guess what people's reactions were.

So pissed off that Wankie Cockozza is still in. I never normally believe in the claim of fixes but this week I am beginning to! the only thing that I can think that kept him in was the sympathy vote which is unfair.

I know it's not always the best singers that win, it's about the whole package. but at least they actually had some talent.

The Risk did not deserve to go. If it had been a sing off and they had been saved I think that they would be safe for another few weeks.
    Sad to see Johnny go but he's probably better off out of it.
    Its the people who vote. If more people decided to vote for the other acts, then Frankie would have no chance.

But he has obviously got a bit of a following and it seems to be growing week by week.

Think this is what I love about Little Mix.

article-2058317-0EB1F54000000578-656_634x338.jpg

They look so genuinely shocked every week when they get through.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

I'm not watching the tv and just asked the husband who the girl was singing with JLS.....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

Fact......the Xfactor is a load of boll*x.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

I really wish that Frankie, Janet and Mischa went, not only because they're all extremely irritating, but to wipe the smile off their mentors' faces. Grrr :mad:

They've been concentrating so hard on making Mischa look lovable, Janet look like she has a personality, and Frankie look like he's a cheeky chappie and not a filthy idiot, that they haven't been hyping up The Risk or Johnny half as much.

I'm glad Kitty stayed, but Johnny was one of the highlights every week :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Butterfly25

I bet the producers are keeping Frankie in so he'll make the tour. The exact same thing happened last year with Katie Waissel, as soon as it came to the final 5/6 contestants Katie was booted off just in time to make the tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Roisin87

I think Frankie realistically should have gone he is Sh1te, I won't even say a Sh1te singer because he is can not sing! Delighted that Kitty is still there :) Great entertainer and singer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

unreggd wrote: »
    They should get rid of the sing off, since the judges dont use it

Regardless of anything else, they should be makin their decision on the sing off performance, but they just keep who they like. tis bollix

I remember a few years ago one of the overs was a guy in his 40's who Simon and Louis ragged on and he was in the bottom two with some hip hat wearing tool. Anyway, said tool obviously thinks he's already through and comes out and half asses his sing off and the over sings his song to his dead wife and did this heart breaking singoff. Louis had the chance to put it to deadlock but put the older guy though. Real emotion not the stagged ****e we see now.

I'm 99% done with this now. I'll only tape the results for the day when Frankie goes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,255 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

1. whoever the Frankie voters are...seriously, throw yourself off a bridge.

2. this week, possibly worse than ever, was such contrived bullshít. from the attempt to make Frankie out to be a serious artist, to the attempt to make Mischa B look like a decent person with the family coming and making her cry.

then you have Marcus and Craig, the only two with a modicum of actual talent, not needing an iota of gimmick to make it through.

embarrassing crock of shíte.

though The Risk didn't deserve to leave, my God, it was worth to hear all those poor girls peeing in their pyjamas with disappointment.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Just found out the result - absolutely gutted to hear that Frankie is still in, he does not deserve to be there over The Risk or Johnny. Wonder how much Gary is shelling out each week to keep him in. Frankie spoke his way through another song last night, a really half arsed attempt to perform, looked like he made no attempt with his wardrobe or anything

Really disappointed for Johnny, was really starting to like him and enjoy his performances.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

I honestly think Louis' comments last night brought in a big sympathy vote for Frankie.

If all the judges were lovely to him next week, I bet he'd be out on his @rse....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

I don't think Louis' comments necessarily brought in a sympathy vote. The same thing happened with Jedward - the more they complain about an act and slate them, the more people vote for them just to keep up the drama because they think it's hilarious to watch sh*t people. I also think there are a lot of people who hate X Factor and deliberately vote for the sh*t people to make a mockery of the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

:rolleyes:Things must be very bad for M&S

They are using the xfactor's singing wishing on a star. Am I last to see this ad :confused:

I don't think Louis' comments necessarily brought in a sympathy vote. The same thing happened with Jedward - the more they complain about an act and slate them, the more people vote for them just to keep up the drama because they think it's hilarious to watch sh*t people. I also think there are a lot of people who hate X Factor and deliberately vote for the sh*t people to make a mockery of the show.

The difference is that Jedward were bad in a way that was entertaining.

Frankie is just bad.

lizt wrote: »
    The difference is that Jedward were bad in a way that was entertaining.

Frankie is just bad.

Oh I agree. I was cheering for Jedward. I actually think that despite the fact that they're a bit silly, I think they're good kids at heart and I don't think they've a bad bone in their body. They took the criticism the got on the X Factor well, and just got on with it and had a laugh. Frankie is a bad singer and not entertaining in anyway, and furthermore Gary Barlow is pretending that he's good. At least Louis Walsh never pretended Jedward were anything other than a bit of craic.

However, I still think the same principle is at play here.

Wow, Mischa and Craig getting the most screen time there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

Can't take Shakira seriously at all - she's basically a glorified belly dancer, in my opinion.

Also, Beyonce an average singer? She has pretty much a flawless vocal.

:D Anymore of this quality and I 'might' be forced to do a bit of retracting on my comments. I'll start now...

I think what happens is the personalities come through and this can affect our perception of the person and also our view on them as artists etc.:)

• Advertisement

The Guvnor wrote: »
    :D Anymore of this quality and I 'might' be forced to do a bit of retracting on my comments. I'll start now...

I think what happens is the personalities come through and this can affect our perception of the person and also our view on them as artists etc.:)

Not really. I'm not the biggest Beyonce fan the world has ever seen, but I'd never deny that she's an incredible singer.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement