Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2011 (UK show)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Disgraceful that Frankie stayed in ahead of Johnny and The Risk. He probably got a few sympathy votes after Louis tore strips off him.

He'd ****ing better be gone this time next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Also don't know if anyone has seen this....
    One Direction and JLS will star on this year's X Factor charity single, it has been revealed.

Simon Cowell is said to have asked the bands, both previous X Factor finalists, to sing on the cover of Rose Royce's 1978 hit 'Wishing on a Star'.

He was apparently concerned that this year's "average" contestants weren't enough to ensure the song becomes a chart success and so added established artists for the first time.

An insider told The Sun: "Simon and the other Syco execs want huge sales this year and weren't sure the contestants would get that on their own.

"Now they'll be using One Direction and JLS's combined fanbase to sell the song. It's a no-brainer and is bound to be a huge seller now."

A spokesman confirmed: "As Simon has a personal involvement in this year's charity he has asked two of the country's biggest acts to make this year's X Factor charity single the biggest of the year.

"He asked One Direction and JLS to sing on the track to give the song something extra special - and encourage all their fans to buy the single and raise lots of money for the charity."

Previous X Factor charity singles - 'Hero' in 2008, 'You Are Not Alone' in 2009 and 'Heroes' last year - have all reached number one.

'Wishing on a Star' is due to be released on November 20 and all proceeds will go to ACT & Children's Hospices UK.

http://www.digitalspy.ie/tv/s103/the-x-factor/news/a349313/one-direction-jls-join-x-factor-charity-single.html

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭mixed up

I can't believe people are so mad at frankie :eek: He's a young lad who enjoys going out and getting pissed and who cares what young women he is with?It's got nothing to do with his singing.He's a crap singer anyway but why the f**k are people giving out that he only got 30 minutes sleep? so what?I think you guys take this show to serious most of this crap is an act for the cameras anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

mixed up wrote: »
    I can't believe people are so mad at frankie :eek: He's a young lad who enjoys going out and getting pissed and who cares what young women he is with?It's got nothing to do with his singing.He's a crap singer anyway but why the f**k are people giving out that he only got 30 minutes sleep? so what?I think you guys take this show to serious most of this crap is an act for the cameras anyway.

'Cos he's a disgusting, shag-all, foul mouthed wanker! End of story.

If the reports are true, a lot of famous people has also voiced their anger at the outcome: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/x_factor/3918547/Fury-as-wild-Frankie-Cocozza-cheats-axe-after-X-Factor-flop.html
    ...anger over the eliminations saw the phrase "Fix Factor" start trending on Twitter — with a string of celebs furious at the decision to keep Frankie.
    Wayne Rooney tweeted: "Just turned X Factor off. Disgraceful. 1st time I've ever refused to watch it."

Cricket legend Michael Vaughan tweeted: "That's it. My X factor watching career is over. Joke." Viewer Paulie Fenty said on the microblogging site: "It's unfair that real talented people are losing the chance to get their dream while Frankie stays in."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

LOL, Wayne Rooney has never had the moral high-ground before. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

amacachi wrote: »
    LOL, Wayne Rooney has never had the moral high-ground before. :rolleyes:

Very true - but he likes people apparently with some sort of talent! ;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Biggins wrote: »
    'Cos he's a disgusting, shag-all, foul mouthed wanker! End of story.

If the reports are true, a lot of famous people has also voiced their anger at the outcome: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/x_factor/3918547/Fury-as-wild-Frankie-Cocozza-cheats-axe-after-X-Factor-flop.html
    LOL. Makes me like him now..

It is just a bit of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,276 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I thought she was just threatening to quit in general.

I really do not see her coming back next year (if there is a next year).

Yeah I don't see Gary or Kelly coming back next year to be honest - which is fine by me!

All together now - *chants - SIMON SIMON SIMON SIMON:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

mixed up wrote: »
    KeithAFC wrote: »
    LOL. Makes me like him now..

It is just a bit of fun.

Im in the same mind, dont see what the big fuss is. I wouldnt believe a word I read in the tabloids anyway, those vultures would tear anyone to pieces. I never thought of him as a condender on the show but I think the abuse they are giving that him is appauling. Who gives a crap if he has slept with x amount of girls? There is nothing offensive about him.

And wasnt that Derry guy done for mugging in the past? Why aren't people going apeshlt over that?

livinsane wrote: »
    ..There is nothing offensive about him.
    You obviously haven't seen/heard some of his interviews on the Xtra-Factor, his comments towards certain females/about them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

• Registered Users Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

Jedward and Wagner got the protest votes and people were keeping them in for a laugh as they were entertaining and it was fun to see what Louis would have them doing each week.

But I really don’t know who is voting for Frankie as he doesn’t seem to be getting the protest/joke vote. I haven’t met anyone who actually likes him as a performer or thinks he’s so bad they want to keep him in for the laugh. People say it’s young girls voting for him as they fancy him, but there was 4 gorgeous guys in The Risk who could also sing. It doesn’t make sense!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

Biggins wrote: »
    You obviously haven't seen/heard some of his interviews on the Xtra-Factor, his comments towards certain females/about them.

Ive seen all the Xtra Factor footage and the only questionable comment I remember was about "banging" a girl from......Geordie Shore. To be fair, she looks fithier than him.

But Im not pro Frankie or trying to rock the boat, I just think the vicious comments about him are a bit ott.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

Tbh i dont see the X-Factor returning to the UK next year. Look at the talent on the US one its hard to pick who to leave there all so talented! Frankie is a disgrace and should never have got through to bootcamp let alone the live shows, but Gary Barlow knows best :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

I think Gary saw another Robbie Williams in Frankie before the live shows - the cheekie chappie pop star with an eye for the ladies kind of type. That's why he chose him over better singers like John Wilding, who was infinitely more deserving.

What he failed to realise was that Robbie had built up a huge following of fans before embarking on becoming a mega star. He could also hold a tune rather well.
    You can't expect a singer to go off the rails before they become successful. That just makes you look like a tw@t. If, added to this, you have no discernable singing or songwriting ability on top of that, it makes you even more unlikeable. Frankie comes across as someone who's just in it for the publicity, the partying and the women, rather than having any interest in music whatsoever. In fact, I remember him saying during an early VT that he was blatantly just in it to meet women.

I'd love to hear what Cowell would say to him if he was on the judging panel this year. I don't think Frankie would have been allowed to get away with any of the same cr@p Gary has been happily tolerating from him. There certainly would not have been any 5 night benders on his watch....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

Its a joke this year. I liked the judging panel during the auditions but now its really just sinking faster than the Titanic. Axe it next year is all I'm saying. Either than or get the old panel back minus Cheryl. Louie is annoying me as well this year for some reason. Proof that Simon Cowell actually knew what he was talking about...never in my life thought I'd say that. Ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Sergio

Its a joke this year. I liked the judging panel during the auditions but now its really just sinking faster than the Titanic. Axe it next year is all I'm saying. Either than or get the old panel back minus Cheryl. Louie is annoying me as well this year for some reason. Proof that Simon Cowell actually knew what he was talking about...never in my life thought I'd say that. Ever.

Agree with everything your saying but i was happy to see louie speaking the truth sat night about frankie been bad and should not be there in the first place..........only thing though is JEDWARD were louies group 2 yrs ago and they couldnt sing either lol!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

Colinboy wrote: »
    Agree with everything your saying but i was happy to see louie speaking the truth sat night about frankie been bad and should not be there in the first place..........only thing though is JEDWARD were louies group 2 yrs ago and they couldnt sing either lol!!!!!

But at least Jedward were entertaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

egan2020 wrote: »
    But at least Jedward were entertaining.
    And nice lads. (Yes, I know many found them irritating, but there's nothing bad about them). Frankie on the other hand... ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Louocb

Frankie Cocoza needs to go he CANNOT sing! Somebody else who deserved a place is missing our on a massive opportunity because of him. you can already see he has given up! The British public need to stop voting for him!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

At least jedward could and still can entertain us, and they came out every week and gave is socks, your man frankie doesnt put any effort into his performances it seems like a chore to be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,394 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is the tour for all the 16 acts or only 8 of them?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is the tour for all the 16 acts or only 8 of them?

Last year it was 12 acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,394 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I like to see Craig or Marcus win but the fact Gary is their mentor makes me not wanna see them winning if they swap the mentors let Lulu get them :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,276 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Lads this changing of the mentors thing is ridiculous! Imagine how stressful that would be for the contestants - as if they aren't stressed enough as it is! (well most of them - not Frankie!):D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

regardless of who there being managed by marcus and craig i'm still cheering for them. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Ofcom has launched two investigations into the portrayal of Frankie Cocozza's behaviour on this year's X Factor.

The singer has attracted attention for his off-screen antics and for yelling "f**king get in there" when he was voted through on the October 23 results show.
    After receiving 102 complaints, Ofcom will investigate the ITV talent show for broadcasting swearing before the 9pm watershed, The Guardian reports.

The broadcaster later apologised for the incident and explained that it had not made an on-air apology because it did not know Cocozza's comments were audible to viewers.

A second investigation has been launched into a clip aired on the previous day's show, which showed the 18-year-old drinking in various nightclubs.

A total of 28 members of the public complained about the programme allegedly encouraging and glamorising the misuse of alcohol.

Cocozza survived the public vote on last weekend's show, as boyband The Risk and Johnny Robinson were eliminated.

A third investigation into the mishandling of an on-air competition has also been launched following 13 complaints.

Show boss Simon Cowell had said that this year's show will be toned down, despite ITV being cleared by Ofcom following complaints into performances by Rihanna and Christina Aguilera on last year's final.

http://www.digitalspy.ie/tv/s103/the-x-factor/news/a349528/ofcom-launches-two-frankie-cocozza-x-factor-investigations.html?visibilityoverride

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

My problem with the whole Frankie thing this year is people are whining and bitching about him and nobody seems to be trying to actively remove him; i.e voting for his rivals. His following seems to be the tween girls who will of course vote week in and week out which means everyone who doesn't like him will have to lump in behind someone else to get rid of him.

When has X factor been about the talent anyway. Jedward's run 2 years ago proved this. Even if he is in it for the women and boozing or whatever what 19 year old lad wouldn't be. He's just having his time in the sun for a laugh while it lasts and why not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

A showbiz reporter on Xpose said it's the One Direction fans voting for Frankie as they've been tweeting asking their fans to vote for him. Louis from One Direction knows Frankie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

ahhhh one direction, :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement