Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2011 (UK show)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Butterfly25

I dont think I have ever been this happy at a tv show in my life!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Absolutely gutted. He was one of the few, if only reasons I kept with what has been a dreadful series for the X Factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Yay. I can watch it next week now!

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

"I'd like to apologise to Gary, my fellow contestants and everyone who has voted for me, but, as of today (Tuesday, November 8), I will no longer be in The X Factor," he said.

"My life during the show has gone out of control and my behaviour off stage has over-stepped the rules of the competition. I no longer deserve my place in the show, so I am therefore leaving. I would like to thank everyone who has supported me."

Well that was very carefully written for him.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Well that was very carefully written for him.

Link?

Edit: Found it - saw site was updated. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Mrs Ron Burgundy

Woohoo!! He never deserved a place in the competition anyway imo. No doubt he'll be splashed all over the papers for a week or two and perhaps the odd kiss and tell and then he will disappear into obscurity...as it should be!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

KeithAFC wrote: »
    Absolutely gutted. He was one of the few, if only reasons I kept with what has been a dreadful series for the X Factor.

Watch X Factor USA.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

So he voted for himself a million times, who cares!

As much as I dislike Frankie, this is all leaving a very bad taste in my mouth. It's all just too convenient. The outrage from his fans and voters is going to be extreme. They're going to have to reveal what the "golden rule" he actually broke is. It has to be something illegal, I'd put a lot of money on it that it was drugs, however if it was something "outrageous" but not illegal then there'll be trouble!

• Advertisement

"I no longer deserve my place in the show, so I am therefore leaving. I would like to thank everyone who has supported me"

leaving or kicked off??? either way i'm delighted!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭rubberdiddies

Publicity stunt for falling ratings.
    Don't be surprised if he's given 'one more chance'

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

Thank god Frankie is gone, be interesting to see what Gary has to say for himself now :D

I wonder will they bring back Johnny or will they allow all the former contestants this year a chance to come back and leave it up to the judges to decide which one they will bring back??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

Oh, how Rock 'n' Roll. He's gonna love this. Instead of being voted off like everyone else, he gets to go out in a blaze of glory because of his hedonistic ways, like the true rocker he is :rolleyes: This will feed his delisional inflated ego no end.

If the brough back another act then Gary would be down and another judge would be up an act.

Its probably too late in the competition for gary to replace him with another boy from judges houses.

maybe they'll just carry on and wont have another double eviction later in the series?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I'd love if it was for riding another contestant, would show up a pretty huge double standard. :pac:

Can't think of anything other than drugs though.

I doubt they'll bring anyone back. They'll probably just have 3 in the final instead of 4. The only person it would be fair to bring back would be Johnny.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

If the brough back another act then Gary would be down and another judge would be up an act.

Its probably too late in the competition for gary to replace him with another boy from judges houses.

maybe they'll just carry on and wont have another double eviction later in the series?

Yeah, maybe they'll only have 2 in the final instead of 3.

There's no point bringing Johnny back imo. He's had time to get used to being out of the competition and reflect on it all. If they brought him back, he'd just have go through it all again in a week or 2 probably.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Johner wrote: »
    Watch X Factor USA.
    I don't watch American telly.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,393 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

When will Kitty and Misha leave now :p then I'm happy

• Advertisement

As much as I dislike Frankie, this is all leaving a very bad taste in my mouth. It's all just too convenient. The outrage from his fans and voters is going to be extreme. They're going to have to reveal what the "golden rule" he actually broke is. It has to be something illegal, I'd put a lot of money on it that it was drugs, however if it was something "outrageous" but not illegal then there'll be trouble!

They can't just say or try hinting to, that it was just his partying.
    He's been doing that all along.

Its has to be:

1. Drugs and/or
    2. Shagging someone in the house.

If they leave it blank or say it was just his partying, its a load of cobblers as a reason.

Biggins wrote: »
    1. Drugs and/or
    2. Shagging someone in the house.

Eww!! Who would be that desperate??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

amacachi wrote: »
    I'd love if it was for riding another contestant, would show up a pretty huge double standard. :pac:

Can't think of anything other than drugs though.

If he slept with another contestant, they'd be out too.

More likely he either brought back some random woman/women to the house and had sex or he was caught taking something he shouldn't.

Either way, it will be a relief to many he's out - not least Frankie himself. I actually wouldn't be surprised if Cowell had a hand in the decision to boot him out.

Eww!! Who would be that desperate??

He sorta was eyeing Janet IF you read some of the papers - but then I suspect she has more sense and her parents could have told her to keep away from him (I would have).

I think it was just drugs myself though.

The official statement will not give an accurate reason why.
    Just beat around the exact matter.
    They cannot say it was drugs. (a) it might land then in further trouble with the TV networks and/or Ofcom (b) it would be serious bad publicity for the show, proved (c) they would have to produce absolute proof or else Mankie could even sue for deformation.

Biggins wrote: »
    He sorta was eyeing Janet IF you read some of the papers - but then I suspect she has more sense and her parents could have told her to keep away from him (I would have).

I think it was just drugs myself though.

The official statement will not give an accurate reason why.
    Just beat around the exact matter.
    They cannot say it was drugs. (a) it might land then in further trouble with the TV networks and/or Ofcom (b) it would be serious bad publicity for the show, proved (c) they would have to produce absolute proof or else Mankie could even sue for deformation.

Yep I think it was drugs aswell! The say you cant have a criminal record either but if he had one I reckon they'd just come out and say it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭horsemeat

the sun now says it's because of boasting about cocaine use to producers...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/x_factor/3922033/Frankie-Cocozza-kicked-off-X-Factor.html

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Apparantly, Sky News ticker is reporting alleged drug use as reason for axe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

I think it's something worse than boasting about cocaine use . Because he was their golden hair boy . Maybe he tried it on with Kelly or worse Gary

horsemeat wrote: »
    the sun now says it's because of boasting about cocaine use to producers...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/x_factor/3922033/Frankie-Cocozza-kicked-off-X-Factor.html

Aye, the mail just mentions drugs in passing too at the moment:
    Show insiders revealed he was forced to leave after 'breaking a golden rule', sparking widespread speculation that he dabbled with drugs.
    Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2058998/Frankie-Cocozza-kicked-X-Factor-rule-breaking-connected-drug-use.html#ixzz1d7y5Gjpj

Whatever the reason, you can surely bet on two things.

1. They won't say on Saturday the exact reason.
    2. Gary Barlow (as its one of his acts) will come out with a wishy-washy statement along the lines of "We all take this show serious (:rolleyes: yea, I know...) and bla... bla... we wish Frankie well for the future..."

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

The guy has worst hair i'v ever seen, can't sing, and is ugly,
    Any girl who like this guy is a bit screwed up in the head,

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement