Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2011 (UK show)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

Trending on twitter now is Golden Rule. Soooooooooooooo funny. Oh Ffs i've ironing to do could he not have done this tomorrow when I had time :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭F-Stop

Kelly hears the news (apparently this is real...!!!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFCiDSiFoiI

F-Stop wrote: »
    Kelly hears the news (apparently this is real...!!!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFCiDSiFoiI

Nothing she says or does is real!!!!!;)

Whats really annoying me is that walking talking STD is going make a fortune out of this :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Justask wrote: »
    Whats really annoying me is that walking talking STD is going make a fortune out of this :(

It'll be gone pretty quick damn quick though. I get the impression with Jedward's family that all that money has been put away well. Also what would they ever spend it on? :pac: Mankie Cokeupthenozza on the other hand won't be booked for kids' TV shows or anything like that and hasn't the talent to make more than a getting-by existence on the music scene.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

This 'golden rule' thing is definitely a cover. It's just a way to get rid of him after all the stuff people were saying about the show being fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭shannie

This 'golden rule' thing is definitely a cover. It's just a way to get rid of him after all the stuff people were saying about the show being fixed.

No, he was booted off the x-factor because he brought 4girls back to the x-factor house, and that isnt allowed..

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    Listen, as much as I hated Frankie, Gary had 3 acts still in the show. That wasn't a fluke. He was responsible for that. It would be wrong of producers, I think, of kicking out one mentors act and giving another mentor their act back. If I was in his situation I would feel like I was being punished for something that wasn't really his fault. What goes on off the stage is the acts problem not the mentors.
    As much as some people here think that it is 'all about the acts', that is not entirely true.

Do you honestly believe the mentors give a shit about the final result at the end of it all? Yes, they might be happy that one of their acts won, but really that's about it. I can't honestly see Gary taking this personally, he'll probably be glad to be rid of Frankie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

shannie wrote: »
    No, he was booted off the x-factor because he brought 4girls back to the x-factor house, and that isnt allowed..

The official reason given was alleged drug use, wasn't it? But, it probably wasn't. After all the uproar this week over him staying, the producers needed a way to get rid of him.

The official reason given was alleged drug use, wasn't it? But, it probably wasn't. After all the uproar this week over him staying, the producers needed a way to get rid of him.

It was drugs, the show would rather it was just girls, as for his poor parents :(

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Not for a while yet.

All those that get through to the live finals are signed up to a ultra-tight contract.
    Part of that contract is that they CANNOT give interviews, release singles/songs/records, etc for a specific period of time.
    They CANNOT talk to newspapers or do TV interviews without prior express permission from Syco (in other words Simon).
    This bit "He is going to take some time out before continuing his career as a singer..." is reflective of that I suspect.

They at the present time till the show is over (for some time) DO NOT want him talking. He would be a serious liability and they probably suspect he would run off at the mouth to say the least!
    So having him tied up in a contract that includes his silence (and any money he tried to earn by singing/talking could be sued off him for not seeking their permission while in a timed contract) is double beneficial to Syco at this time.

It was drugs, the show would rather it was just girls, as for his poor parents :(

I strongly doubt his father does anything but encourage him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Remember that interview with his dad, where he bragged about how many girls Frankie slept with? (The fact that there are that many tasteless people still amazes me, but anyway..) You never know, he might be proud of that disgusting mophead for this!

amacachi wrote: »
    I strongly doubt his father does anything but encourage him.

I've not seen or heard anything from his folks
    :confused: Are they not nice?

His dad was talking about how many girls Frankie had been with. Make of that what you will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

I can see where Frankie got his charm in this article!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2049830/X-Factor-2011-Frankie-Cocozza-bedded-67-girls-proud-father-claims.html

Oh good god no wonder he has no hope :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Biggins wrote: »
    The party's started!

happy10.gif

dancing15.giffireworks.gifbday13.gifline%20dance.gifbreakdance.gif

band.gif

Whoopdidoooo!!!!! Absolutely delighted that he was axed - only heard 5 mins ago, been hiding under a rock with a college assignment/lectures most of the day! YESSS!!!

The party's started!

happy10.gif

dancing15.giffireworks.gifbday13.gifline%20dance.gifbreakdance.gif

band.gif
    The noise at that party of your Biggins is getting out of hand.....Is frankie in there with you :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Do you honestly believe the mentors give a shit about the final result at the end of it all? Yes, they might be happy that one of their acts won, but really that's about it. I can't honestly see Gary taking this personally, he'll probably be glad to be rid of Frankie.

Yes. Yes I do.

For one, the judges get a considerable sum of money if their act wins. It also works as a kind of job security and finally they have the best chance possible to continue to manage that act after the show... like Louis Walsh and Shayne Ward, Jedward and JLS.
    The judges holding on to their acts is far more important that the vast majority of people here think.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Kelly Rowlands reaction to the news :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

GBarlowOffcial Gary Barlow
    "Frankie Cokeupthenozza" that's taking it way to far people. No one deserves this... Retweet to get the message around to stop this trend!

Haha shut up Gary. :D

Johner wrote: »
    "Frankie Cokeupthenozza" that's taking it way to far people. No one deserves this... Retweet to get the message around to stop this trend!

hahah I guess that Gary doesn't realise that by tweeting that, he is adding to the trending topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

HALLELUJAH! HALLELUJAH HALLELUJAH HALLELUJAH HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!!!

Drinks all round people, they're on me tonight!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Yes. Yes I do.

For one, the judges get a considerable sum of money if their act wins. It also works as a kind of job security and finally they have the best chance possible to continue to manage that act after the show... like Louis Walsh and Shayne Ward, Jedward and JLS.
    The judges holding on to their acts is far more important that the vast majority of people here think.

They get a considerable sum of money just to turn up each win. Gary Barlow etc don't need job security. If Gary is depending on X-factor to bring in a few shillings then we all might as well give up now.

Most acts that have won it have not gone on to do much afterwards and realistically everything is controlled by Simon Cowell. I can't imagine Gary Barlow wanting to waste time on the walking liability that is Frankie or to be associated with him in the long run, it's not exactly the image Take That go for.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

All those that get through to the live finals are signed up to a ultra-tight contract.
    Part of that contract is that they CANNOT give interviews, release singles/songs/records, etc for a specific period of time.
    They CANNOT talk to newspapers or do TV interviews without prior express permission from Syco (in other words Simon).
    This bit "He is going to take some time out before continuing his career as a singer..." is reflective of that I suspect.

They at the present time till the show is over (for some time) DO NOT want him talking. He would be a serious liability and they probably suspect he would run off at the mouth to say the least!

But have they effectively ended that contract by kicking him off the show? Obviously without seeing the contract one wouldn't know exactly but it would come down to whether they had made provisions for this type of scenario in the contract. If they haven't he can talk to whoever he wants altho that depends on people wanted to talk to him of course ;)

SeaFields wrote: »
    But have they effectively ended that contract by kicking him off the show? Obviously without seeing the contract one wouldn't know exactly but it would come down to whether they had made provisions for this type of scenario in the contract. If they haven't he can talk to whoever he wants altho that depends on people wanted to talk to him of course ;)

I think these are the moments that the contract is effectively written for. I have no doubt that SYCO and Talkback Themes have this all covered up nice and neatly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

I think these are the moments that the contract is effectively written for.

I dunno. Again, speculating here, the bulk of the contract I suspect is to tie up the person and limit them totally under their control. They don't want a money maker to slip through their grasp.

Anyway, all that is academic. He's gone and that's the main thing. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Why is he gone? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Johner wrote: »

Stop the trend by drawing even more attention to it. I see...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement