Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2011 (UK show)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,165 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

If Frankie was there he'd sing a mash up of:
    Born This Way (Gaga)
    and
    Don't Lose Your Head (Queen)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭swordofislam

CiaranK wrote: »
    He wants to sing the
    Laddy Gaga
    song called
    Paparazzi
    But if it
    Lady Gaga
    vs
    Queen
    doesn't that mean that he has to do a mashup?

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

But if it
    Lady Gaga
    vs
    Queen
    doesn't that mean that he has to do a mashup?

Maybe, I think it's either of the artists songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

When does it get to the stage that they sing twice a night?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,165 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Prop Joe wrote: »
    When does it get to the stage that they sing twice a night?

The final 5 Normally, last year it was the final 7 though! IIt's always the 8th week of the live show as far as I know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Butterfly25

Have the producers given their statement about Saturday's show yet??

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

IF they decide to bring anyone back it should only be Johnny!

The Risk shouldnt come back as they had the lowest votes!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

I would be VERY surprised if they brought anyone back to be honest.
    Have the producers given their statement about Saturday's show yet??

They said there would be one today ...but it seems they are keeping everyone waiting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

The show is a complete disaster this year, none of the contestants are good.
    The judges are crap,Frankie stopped some one else getting a chance, the judges picked him, so I cannot really blame him.

I have no interest this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

no statement yet? Come on Talkback!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

whiterebel wrote: »
    The missus reckons Johnny and The Risk back for an elimination this weekend. it would give them a chance to get back one of the favourites for the win. If they realised that people had stopped voting because they thought the risk were safe, it would be a nice cynical way to get them back in. Think of the money from the votes.......

Gary is a twat for going for the caricature, rather than talent. And for Louis "The Gimp" Walsh to turn on Mankie this week, after all his previous comments? Even for him, that's some turn around. The one who has interest in anything other than novelty acts......Mind you, as someone said earlier, that Kitty would worry me. She's more bunny boiler than Glenn Close ever was.:eek:
    I think your missus has a great point! The risk going out was a shock but they seem too"ok" with it. Did they have a plan to oust Frankie anyway but this was a good way to create a twist,
    On the M&S ad. Whoever goes out each week,their voice will remain but pic will go i feel. Have you noticed who has the pivitol spot. Misha B! Has the winner been announced?!?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

deise_girl wrote: »
    Oh God :rolleyes: That's so unfair to those who've gone out recently.

I think it'll be Amelia.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Fantastic. I always thought Two Shoes had to the potential to go all the way just as the likes of your Journey Souths and your Diva Fevers did.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Hmmmmm, I don't know.

While I wouldn't mind them having a chance as they haven't faced the public vote, we have no performance bar week 1 to judge them on. They should have them singing at least to warrant a place in the final 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Can someone post the text to this please? I'm on my phone and the page is taking forever to load!

I thought at first it was stupid - but it actually makes sense too.

Short version:
    At that week for the selection for the live shows, he filled the place of another that (we know now) might have made more of the opportunity.
    Those that were subsequently voted out afterwards (including Johnny sadly) most probably would have gone anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

None of those should be brought back. They're all sh*te.

Can someone post the text to this please? I'm on my phone and the page is taking forever to load!
    With a place now available on the show, from tomorrow - that's Thursday - you will have the chance to vote BACK IN one of the four acts who left The X Factor in week one.

That’s right people, this is your chance to hand a lifeline to either James Michael, Amelia Lily, 2 Shoes or Jonjo Kerr.

Tomorrow we'll reveal the all important phone line numbers you'll need to dial and then it's down to you to decide which of the acts deserves to come back. All four have never faced the public vote so their future is in your hands.

And to find out who will be returning, tune in at 8.15pm on Saturday night on ITV1 to see who performs either a Queen classic or Lady Gaga hit on our famous X Factor stage. Only one will get a second chance. Who will it be?
    :)

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    I'd say Louis is delighted!

It will be one of Garry's acts that will come back and I think it is going to be this guy.

X_FACTOR_James_Michael-300x296.jpg

James Michael

Or do you think he will go and pick one of his "judges house" contestants?

There's not a chance they'll bring James or anyone else in.

HAHAHA!!!!

Look who got it right! ... well potentially right! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭paulgalway

Simon must have thought up this idea, just means more money for him from the calls and txt's.

He is making more money resulting from someone's misfortune.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

I'd say be Amelia for sure who'll be voted back in.

Although whoever gets voted back in, I can't see them going much further. Everyone has their favourites now and the other acts have had those extra few week to iron out any kinks in their performances so will probably be that much better then whoever gets brought back.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Thanks Biggins!

Fair enough gavmcg, I may be eating my words :p

It's all just a shambles though, isn't it? It's so unfair on the people who've sung on the live shows and been eliminated. Although I suppose the public have never got to have their say on these four. It would be great if one or all of them told the producers to shove it up their arses after what they've already been through!

No doubt Amelia will be back, she should have been there in the first place and I'll look forward to seeing her perform. But I still think the whole thing is a mess!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Ya it makes no difference now who gets back in, they are no threat to those who remain who have built up a following over the last 5 or 6 weeks. It's just filling a space on stage, it gets ratings up and makes Cowell a shedload of money on texts and calls.

I bet it also says in their contracts that they are obliged to go on the show on any given week up until the final (when they bring them all back to sing a group song) in case of any eventualities such as this.

Thanks Biggins!

Fair enough gavmcg, I may be eating my words :p

It's all just a shambles though, isn't it? It's so unfair on the people who've sung on the live shows and been eliminated. Although I suppose the public have never got to have their say on these four. It would be great if one or all of them told the producers to shove it up their arses after what they've already been through!

No doubt Amelia will be back, she should have been there in the first place and I'll look forward to seeing her perform. But I still think the whole thing is a mess!

Can't wipe the smile off my face but yes I agree. Seems like the producers are in a bit of a scramble to retain viewers.
    I have no doubt that next year Simon Cowell will be back to try and retain credibility.

On another note just after reading a few comments on the Xfactor page from people complaining that there was a problem with the risk's phone line during voting. Do you think this could have any truth in it?
    Was quite weird imo that they were suddenly the bottom act. I thought they had a big fan base (risquettes?)

Here is the comment ...
    So because Frankie left, the public are expected to pay for the vacant place to be filled? More money in the X Factor coffers or is this round of money going to Charity? Why can't The Risk and Johnny come back, cancel last weeks elimination and have a double this week. Judging by the comments on FB and talking to friends it would seem there was a problem with the voting line for The Risk, if this is the case it is only fair that The Risk are given a second chance... votes meant for them were going to Frankie.... where's the justification in that? Common XF do the decent thing, listen to your fans!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,938 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

If Amelia does come back, I hope she's without the ridiculous candy floss hair :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

James Michaels should be brought back.I would like to see more of him and i think has way more to offer than any of the other boys that were on the show.

On side note i have the perfect song for janet,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRCNZ8JALms with her voice perfect :) might twitter request her to sing it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

The problem with bringing an act back like this is the mentor element - now one judge will get an unfair advantage. Last week should have just been reset, and The Risk and Johnny should be brought back. Manky could be replaced with James if we need the numbers to add up.

I reckon Amelia will come back but I want it to be Two Shoes because they're actually good and I want to see what happens when the pregnant one goes off to have her sprog. I suppose they can get someone from The Risk to fill in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

Anyone else get the feelng that Cheryl Cole is sitting at home very smug this has all gone tits up :cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement