Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2011 (UK show)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

The pregnant one from Two Shoes isn't due til Feb or something is she not? I think she was 5 months at the start of the live shows.

I'd like to see James back too but I think he'd be out fairly quickly. Amelia's the only one who's kept herself in the press, and she's the one who there was the most outrage over when she left. She'd last the longest out of the 4 IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

I hope Amelia comes back and wins,

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

The pregnant one from Two Shoes isn't due til Feb or something is she not? I think she was 5 months at the start of the live shows.

I'd like to see James back too but I think he'd be out fairly quickly. Amelia's the only one who's kept herself in the press, and she's the one who there was the most outrage over when she left. She'd last the longest out of the 4 IMO.

Afaik she would be about 8 months gone at the Final. And she could always give birth early! Imagine she went into labour on stage during their Christmas song :p

I remember reading somewhere (I think Digitalspy) that the reason the first week's twist was created was to eliminate Two Shoes because it was too risky having a pregnant contestant, because of the stress and stuff. I dunno how true that is though.

Apparently Amelia was slagging the X Factor off to the press at every opportunity after she was eliminated so I will be LOLing when I see her "this means everything to me" VT.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I'd like to see James or Jonjo back but I do think it's a bit unfair to the other contestants. People don't really have time to "go off" the new contestants i.e. the way Janet has seen her popularity begin to drop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Can't see anyone but Amelia being voted in but would it not have been easier just bring the last eliminated act (Johnny) straight back in? Technically whoever gets voted in was at an advantage by being sent home in week one, the way things have turned out. Bizarre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Just heard the news there :( its stupid ! why cant johhny be brought back as he was last to leave???

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

hondasam wrote: »
    I hope Amelia comes back and wins,

Me too especially since i had bet 5 euro on her to win with paddypower. I wonder will my original bet be still valid or will they argue that she was already eliminated???

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Oh God :rolleyes: That's so unfair to those who've gone out recently.

I think it'll be Amelia.

I actually think it's the fairest solution.

Johnny and The Risk were both put to the public vote already and failed to garner enough votes to stay. They were eliminated fair and square.

The public were never given the chance to vote for any of the contestants eliminated in week one, therefore I think it's only fair they get a second chance and allow the public to have their say.

In all honesty, it's a farce that Amelia was ousted so soon anyway and I hope she gets the chance to appear on the live shows.

I actually think it's the fairest solution.

Johnny and The Risk were both put to the public vote already and failed to garner enough votes to stay. They were eliminated fair and square.

The public were never given the chance to vote for any of the contestants eliminated in week one, therefore I think it's only fair they get a second chance and allow the public to have their say.

In all honesty, it's a farce that Amelia was ousted so soon anyway and I hope she gets the chance to appear on the live shows.

It was a double elimination though so they would have definitely gotten away with bringing Johnny back. Say if just Johnny was eliminated then I agree it would be a farce bringing him back as it would have rendered the voting last week pointless, but for all we know Johnny could've (and I'd say most likely did) got more votes than 2 contestants last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

cgpg5 wrote: »
    It was a double elimination though so they would have definitely gotten away with bringing Johnny back. Say if just Johnny was eliminated then I agree it would be a farce bringing him back as it would have rendered the voting last week pointless, but for all we know Johnny could've (and I'd say most likely did) got more votes than 2 contestants last week.

I understand where you're coming from, but I still think Johnny was given the chance to win enough votes to stay in and failed to do enough to survive.

I just think it's fairer to allow a really talented contestant to get the chance of appearing on the show, after they were essentially cheated of a place in the first week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

egan2020 wrote: »
    Me too especially since i had bet 5 euro on her to win with paddypower. I wonder will my original bet be still valid or will they argue that she was already eliminated???

Hard to know, tricky one really. I think she is good and should have been kept in the show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Neberkenezer

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT8DBU2UEnqdUNKB8LcqKAp-XHhtLaS8aEX19BlZC4jeDKK7tz23xFyT_Estumbled across this earlier,i've heard worse down-arrow.gif:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

caseyann wrote: »
    James Michaels should be brought back.I would like to see more of him and i think has way more to offer than any of the other boys that were on the show.

On side note i have the perfect song for janet,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRCNZ8JALms with her voice perfect :) might twitter request her to sing it :D

sophie already did a fantastic version this year:

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Amelia has been no bigger than 80/1 on betfair the last few weeks. They suspected something like this would happen. I cry a fix. The overall standard this year is so poor she could go on to win it now. 7/1 she is now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Amelia will or should destroy them with ease, it almost makes ya think it was a fix from the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

From the result so far with frankie kept in with teen girls voting him in its obvious they will turn their votes to James Micheal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT8DBU2UEnqdUNKB8LcqKAp-XHhtLaS8aEX19BlZC4jeDKK7tz23xFyT_Estumbled across this earlier,i've heard worse down-arrow.gif:D

I think Tulisa is a pretty good singer. Dappy kinda surprised me there too, I usually hate everything about him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Tulisa is a really good singer live, I've seen her!

This is one of her solo songs on the N Dubz albums, she wrote it about one of her boyfriends who died AFAIK!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

wow I went away for 1 week and its all gone tits up, I would like to see 2 shoes back, but I think the bump will stop it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Not a huge Amelia fan.

is that 7/1 odd for her to be the one to return or for her to win outright?

• Advertisement

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    Not a huge Amelia fan.

is that 7/1 odd for her to be the one to return or for her to win outright?

It's to win outright, she's 1/7 with ladbrokes to return on sat haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

caseyann wrote: »
    James Michaels should be brought back.I would like to see more of him and i think has way more to offer than any of the other boys that were on the show.

On side note i have the perfect song for janet,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRCNZ8JALms with her voice perfect :) might twitter request her to sing it :D

One of my favorite songs. But the guy from the calling has a very powerful voice. Who could match it from the x factor?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Who should replace Frankie - Poll

Amelia is currently in the lead with 59.8%

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Personally I dont think anyone should replace the little toad. They were all voted out by the public so they should stay out! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Dovies wrote: »
    Personally I dont think anyone should replace the little toad. They were all voted out by the public so they should stay out! :)
    No they weren't. None of them were voted out by the public. Their category judge got rid of them. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

No they weren't. None of them were voted out by the public. Their category judge got rid of them. :)

Ah knew I didnt recognise the names! Still, out is out! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

I hope Jonjo comes back i loved him and was gutted when Louie voted him off. But id imagine Amelia will come back hope she learns to smile

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

blondie7 wrote: »
    I hope Jonjo comes back i loved him and was gutted when Louie voted him off. But id imagine Amelia will come back hope she learns to smile
    Despite watching it, I didn't have the foggiest who he was. Then I saw a picture and I have some very vague recollection. Doubt he'll come back. Too bland and forgettable (IMO).

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Amelia will or should destroy them with ease, it almost makes ya think it was a fix from the start.

Yep, knew there was something up there. She was far to good to be kicked off so early. They made too much of a big deal of her at the start.
    Despite watching it, I didn't have the foggiest who he was. Then I saw a picture and I have some very vague recollection. Doubt he'll come back. Too bland and forgettable (IMO).

He was the bland dude strumming the beatles song while sitting on a few steps...

ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,938 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Larianne wrote: »

He was the bland dude strumming the beatles song while sitting on a few steps...

ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz

Nope, that's James you're thinking of. JohnJo was the army guy in the Overs who sang You Really Got Me in some bizarre purple suit.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement