Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2011 (UK show)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

lizt wrote: »
    Cannot believe the cheek of Gary Barlow saying Louis Walsh is to blame.

If he had put his foot down and told him to sort out his behaviour then maybe things would be different.

At the end of the day Frankie is an adult and needs to accept responsibility. It wasn't as if Louis was holding a gun to his head and forcing him to do lines of coke.

If you had to blame anyone, it would be Gary. Encouraging Frankie to go out, "i'm not going to stop him being a teenager", telling us that Frankie only got half an hour sleep as a badge of honour as if he's some sort of Keith Moon figure. Every week it bring up the tabloid stories about him as if we should all be impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Well she's certainly better than Who Should Not Be Named.

Debatable. I just really don't like her. Konnie you could giggle at, Caroline is bloody irritating.

Paparazzo wrote: »
    If you had to blame anyone, it would be Gary. Encouraging Frankie to go out, "i'm not going to stop him being a teenager", telling us that Frankie only got half an hour sleep as a badge of honour as if he's some sort of Keith Moon figure. Every week it bring up the tabloid stories about him as if we should all be impressed.

That was Dermot though, not Gary.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Hope Amelia gets voted in and tells them to go **** themselves. I don't want her to win because she's far too talented for trash tv like that and I don't want her to line Cowell's pockets in exchange for pittance.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

been waiting for my 3000th post, thought it would be in here. Looks like I passed it a while ago, probably was in here giving out about Wankie Cokeupthenozza.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

Olly's alright but Caroline is terrible. If you like someone who shouts, asks stupid, banal questions, and ends every second sentence by propping her left hand on her hip and saying "hashtag"... nah. She kind of makes me want to break the television :o

People are so different. I really like her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

I don't like Caroline! She seems to ask questions of a jarring nature, that kind of embarrass people. She just seems to be "out of the flow" most of the time, IMO. Is there something "going on" between her and Ollie, or is she just trying to give the impression that there is?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

I didn't like Caroline at first, but I've grown to like her somewhat.

I think she would be good doing children's tv, with the personality and attitude she has.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Am I the only one to notice that Caroline has really shiny legs? I mean they reflect the studio lights like a pair of mirrors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Am I the only one to notice that Caroline has really shiny legs? I mean they reflect the studio lights like a pair of mirrors.

She has the build of someone who should have a lot more weight on them. There's just something odd about her build somehow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

She has a great pair of legs, probably her best feature so I'd say they put some highlighter on them to draw attention to them...and away from her terrible presenting perhaps? :pac: Yeah I'm in the I-don't-like-Caroline camp. The "are they/aren't they" joke that her and Olly insist on keeping up got old in about week 2.

Eyepatch wrote:
    I don't like Caroline! She seems to ask questions of a jarring nature, that kind of embarrass people. She just seems to be "out of the flow" most of the time, IMO.
    Yep. I get the feeling that once she has her list of questions prepared she is uncomfortable deviating from it; so whatever way the interview is going she refuses to go with the flow and butts in with her prepared questions, even if they don't really work at that particular point in the interview. It comes across as more of a quizzing than a conversation.

Her shouty interjections (usually over someone else who's speaking) are the most irritating part, though.
    They put so much baby oil on them that if they use any more she will be able to use them as a mirror.

And she should stop with the dresses that cinch at the waist, more especially if she's going to be adamant about exposing so much leg with high heels. It makes her already oddly short torso look even odder and more disproportionate.

Ok, I'll leave her alone now :o

I don't mind Caroline. She seems to carry the interview and Olly can barely get a word in edgeways though. Which is probably a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,936 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

I don't mind Caroline. She seems to carry the interview and Olly can barely get a word in edgeways though. Which is probably a good thing.

oh+no+you+didn%27t.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

So who is going this week?? I reckon Amelia will come back and Kitty and Janet will be in the bottom two :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Janet needs to knock it out of the park this week to have any hope. M

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Janet needs to knock it out of the park this week to have any hope. But I think it will be Mischa and Kitty.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

ziedth wrote: »
    Janet needs to knock it out of the park this week to have any hope. M

I agree her last two performances havent been great she needs to wow us all this weekend as does little mix they were shocking bad last week. Wonder will they do acapella like Kelly wants

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

blondie7 wrote: »
    I agree her last two performances havent been great she needs to wow us all this weekend as does little mix they were shocking bad last week. Wonder will they do acapella like Kelly wants

This is the week of lady gaga and queen.What song could she sing from them?
    Bad romance
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrO4YZeyl0I
    you and i
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9YMU0WeBwU&feature=related

Edge of glory
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeWBS0JBNzQ&feature=related

Or queen,so many wow songs she could sing by them.
    Love of my life
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3xwCkhmies&feature=fvsr

Janet doesn't have a strong enough voice for most Lady Gaga or Queen songs IMO. I think she's going to struggle again this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

I'm surprised that nobody has pointed out Kittys poor pronunciation when she is singing. She has a terrible habit of singing from her throat and through her nose. The only time I have noticed she is capable of having good control over the pronunciation of her words is when she is pushing a huge amount of air out of her lungs to hit the high notes.

I can't wait for:

I'm on the edge of gwowy,
    AnI'manginonamomenwiyooooooooo....
    I'm on theed, theed, theed, theed, theed, theed, theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed,
    I'montheedwiyooooooooooooooooooooooooo.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

ziedth wrote: »
    Janet needs to knock it out of the park this week to have any hope. But I think it will be Mischa and Kitty.

Think Janet needs to be knocked out of the park! :D

I'm surprised that nobody has pointed out Kittys poor pronunciation when she is singing. She has a terrible habit of singing from her throat and through her nose. The only time I have noticed she is capable of having good control over the pronunciation of her words is when she is pushing a huge amount of air out of her lungs to hit the high notes.

I can't wait for:

I'm on the edge of gwowy,
    AnI'manginonamomenwiyooooooooo....
    I'm on theed, theed, theed, theed, theed, theed, theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed,
    I'montheedwiyooooooooooooooooooooooooo.....

That has been pointed out and I agree. I do love Kitty but she's only really good with BIG songs! I hope she doesn't sing Edge of Glory again though. I'd love her to sing You and I. Or Judas (but they probably won't allow that song as it's too controversial!)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

anybody give me events of whats happpening with the vote in thing in a nutshell ,

A V A wrote: »
    anybody give me events of whats happpening with the vote in thing in a nutshell ,

Phone lines opened yesterday for the public to vote back in either Amelia, Two Shoes, James or the other dude. The winner of that vote will be announced in tomorrow night's show and presumably they'll then have to sing for their votes to stay in. The rest of the show will be going as normal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

how come the risk are not in that line up ??

A V A wrote: »
    how come the risk are not in that line up ??

It's just the four acts that were eliminated in week 1 by the judges, because the public haven't had a chance to have their say on them yet.

oh+no+you+didn%27t.jpg

I'm sorry but if I have to hear "was you" one more time, I will crack up.

Nice bit of eye candy but that's it really.

I'm sorry but if I have to hear "was you" one more time, I will crack up.
    You'll need to stop listening to Barlow then too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Definitely hope Amelia gets in, I thought she was great week 1. Does anyone know if there are numbers to call to vote for ROI?

Ollie & Caroline really grew on me, I had given up on Xtra factor because of Konnie last year, missed Holly too much :( Actually does anyone know what ever became of her?

Marcus FTW!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement