Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2011 (UK show)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Ok Marcus, we know love you love big band now but you don't have to do every perfornamce in that style. Don't know if I like this.

When i heard he was doing Another one Bites the Dust, thought he'd do it in the style it was done in Glee... that was a very slick performance.

If anyone makes a song cheesy, it's Glee.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

He's so good at singing AND dancing which so many of them aren't.

Oh yeah, definitely

WTF with the comments from Tulisa and Kelly?? Especially from Kelly, ffs Janet went back to her comfort zone this week and previous weeks stayed within in, whats wrong with Marcus staying in his this week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Courageous Rabbit

Are the four that were voted off not going to sing their way back in? Even though it won't matter...just might have made it more interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

Why is Kelly telling Marcus he needs more freedom on stage? That choreography was great fun and Marcus did a fantastic job dancing and singing.

Didn't care much for Marcus but that performance just won me over :)

He seems like a really nice guy as well even if his accent does annoy me.

Well done Marcus!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

After Misha, Marcus is the most professional. The difference is, he's extremely likeable. Definite for the final, very possible winner.

surely you jest? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Gary's gonna lose interest in Marcus doing a Bruno mars impersonation every wek.
    Bruno Mars? I don't get that. At all...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

Gary needs to get over himself!

After Frankie last week. Louis was right!

So Gary should climb back into his cage!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 ei8dqb

Am I the only person in the ROI Pi**ed off with the TV3 treating us as second class citizens. Can't vote if we do not have internet access, can't vote on tonights re-entry of the Frankie replacment. I now watch xfactor on UTV and just not intreseted in supporting the TV3 Adertisers who pay good money to advertise with a company who treat there viewers as ( well I can't think of a word that describes what they think of us)
    When the viewer numbers drop than the these advertisters may see how second class TV3 treat their viewers. So BYE BYE TV3 and I will watch as many programs as I can on other channells when I have a choise, and not watch TV3 at all if possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Marcus, like a number of the others, can entertain an audience for 5mins once a week, but won't sell a record.

Janet certainly isn't appealing to everyone, but Louis knows what sells, and she's the only one in the competition that has a chance of been a recording artist.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Loving this performance by Marcus!

Even though it's a total rearrangement????

No no no, you don't change Queen arrangements or mess up the words!!!! ARGHHH!

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭wolfmoon87

Are the four that were voted off not going to sing their way back in? Even though it won't matter...just might have made it more interesting.

They probably don't have time to fit that into the show - they need to fit all the ad breaks in!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Why did Marcus have to be gay? :(

it's always the good ones.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

I don't know if I can handle this, I'm throwing the wine into me,

i'm just going to fall and wake up some time tomorrow thinking its yet to start.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

When i heard he was doing Another one Bites the Dust, thought he'd do it in the style it was done in Glee... that was a very slick performance.

Just went to youtube this - they've changed youtube home page :eek:

Marcus defo the best so far tonight, with Craig second

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

Ok Marcus, we know love you love big band / rock 'n' roll thing now but you don't have to do every perfornamce in that style. Don't know if I like this.

Agree completely. Needs to change it for next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Oh yeah, definitely

WTF with the comments from Tulisa and Kelly?? Especially from Kelly, ffs Janet went back to her comfort zone this week and previous weeks stayed within in, whats wrong with Marcus staying in his this week?

Wasn't she criticized by Gary for staying in her comfort zone?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

If anyone makes a song cheesy, it's Glee.

Normally yes, but when they did that song it was excellent. It wasn't the nornal Glee kids - it's was their rivals from another school.

Oh yeah, definitely

deep breath hold for 10 secs now exhale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Courageous Rabbit

xsiborg wrote: »

?

I think he's definitely more professional about what he's doing then the others (bar Misha and possibly Amelia??). His performances look as though he's worked really hard.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Oh Its Mishadiva yahy....(Not) and more damage control!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I've liked one performance so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

lol @dermot's explanation

ahhh misha b!!!! come on girl

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

xsiborg wrote: »

Yeah, her performances are that of a singer that has been established for years.

Even though it's a total rearrangement????

:D

As much as I don't like Queen rearrangements, Marcus was great! Kept pretty much the same melody, different beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Namlub wrote: »
    Bruno Mars? I don't get that. At all...

Did you not watch his VT before his performance, he said he was inspired by BM performance.

I'm expecting big things from missB tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

ei8dqb wrote: »
    Am I the only person in the ROI Pi**ed off with the TV3 treating us as second class citizens. Can't vote if we do not have internet access, can't vote on tonights re-entry of the Frankie replacment. I now watch xfactor on UTV and just not intreseted in supporting the TV3 Adertisers who pay good money to advertise with a company who treat there viewers as ( well I can't think of a word that describes what they think of us)
    When the viewer numbers drop than the these advertisters may see how second class TV3 treat their viewers. So BYE BYE TV3 and I will watch as many programs as I can on other channells when I have a choise, and not watch TV3 at all if possible.
    I can't imagine there being many X Factor viewers, especially ones interested enough to vote, who don't have internet access tbh. People in Ireland couldn't vote at all until a few years ago, we don't have it that bad

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭Caraville

Aw Marcus is just so lovely.

And I know there's lots of hatred for Gary here but I still love him :o Sure he's a bit grumpy but the man is extremely musical and talented and has so much experience. And man can he wear a suit... :pac:

I don't get Tulisa though, I just can't warm to her. I've nothing against her per se, just don't see why she's a judge.

I really wish I liked Janet, what with her being Irish and all, but Jaysus her singing is brutal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭dee.

In recent weeks it seems like they're trying hard to make Mischa likeable and it's just getting annoying!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

I'm a bit excited about this.....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement