Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2011 (UK show)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

keps wrote: »
    the more information that comes out about the amelia story- just re inforces what we all knew all along - this is a rigged show

i'm convinced the show was delayed tonight over legal injunctions

Who cares she's about the only good performer on the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭keps

Regardless of any of this fixing shíte, the girl still got 48% of the public vote so its not exactly a travesty.

of course it is a travesty if the result is already decided - while dermot is still telling people to vote

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭The Liquidator

ei8dqb wrote: »
    Well We nave been told she got 48% of the vote. Who varifies this.

Dermot said it just before he announced Amelia to have won the vote.:confused:

of course it is a travesty if the result is already decided - while dermot is still telling people to vote

I will go to effort of finding a link if I need to but it was stated that voting would close during Saturday nights show when the vote was opened to the public. I don't see a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Totally secret to the public maybe but I highly doubt everyone involved with the X Factor is walking around clueless as to the general direction of voting.

Actually, on the xtra factor on night of the final every year, they go thru the voting figures of the previous 12 weeks claiming that nobody connected with xfactor production knew anything about the stats until now, and even Simon Cowell sits there pretending to be shocked that Matt Cardle topped the vote every single week from week 3 onwards. Every now and again they trip themselves up tho. Like when one time when Louis Walsh was giving his comments on an act and mentioned that they had been in the bottom 3 the previous week - when there was supposed to have been no known 3rd last act the previous week.

• Advertisement

So are you implying that the judges week by week know what votes their acts are getting?

Possibly but I wouldn't say they're directly informed of such. To any logical person this weeks vote would have only one outcome as illustrated by the 48% Amelia received, almost as much as the other 3 acts received combined.

I will go to effort of finding a link if I need to but it was stated that voting would close during Saturday nights show when the vote was opened to the public. I don't see a problem.

The issue here is that at 20.08 tonight STV an arm of ITV announced that Amelia had been voted back on to the show.

When the show started late (and I still have my doubts if a power cut caused the delay) at about 8.30 - dermot said the voting lines are still open.

I went on to Betfair at 8.20 - before any outcome of the public vote and saw Amelia in a 5/1 to win the entire competition and no mention of the other 3

there is a set up here

Laois_Man wrote: »
    Actually, on the xtra factor on night of the final every year, they go thru the voting figures of the previous 12 weeks claiming that nobody connected with xfactor production knew anything about the stats until now, and even Simon Cowell sits there pretending to be shocked that Matt Cardle topped the vote every single week from week 3 onwards. Every now and again they trip themselves up tho. Like when one time when Louis Walsh was giving his comments on an act and mentioned that they had been in the bottom 3 the previous week - when there was supposed to have been no known 3rd last act the previous week.

So basically Louis knew that the previous week, one of acts still in the competition had finished just above the bottom two? I highly doubt this information isn't available to the judges at least after each weeks show is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

The issue here is that at 20.08 tonight STV an arm of ITV announced that Amelia had been voted back on to the show.

When the show started late (and I still have my doubts if a power cut caused the delay) at about 8.30 - dermot said the voting lines are still open.

I went on to Betfair at 8.20 - before any outcome of the public vote and saw Amelia in a 5/1 to win the entire competition and no mention of the other 3

there is a set up here

Amelia wasn't confirmed early, STV wrote articles in advance for all four of the possible returnees and published all of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

I am delighted Amelia is back and I hope she goes on to win the show, she is the best singer there.

• Advertisement

there is a set up here

I watched the show on TV3 so have no idea what the story is with the above information but on Wednesday night, Amelia was 6/1 on Paddy Power to win the show. Not that outlandish that she would come in to 5/1 baring in mind betting patterns, etc.

So basically Louis knew that the previous week, one of acts still in the competition had finished just above the bottom two? I highly doubt this information isn't available to the judges at least after each weeks show is over.

But the issue is that ITV /X Factor producers say that the judges have no access to the voting patterns

But the issue is that ITV /X Factor producers say that the judges have no access to the voting patterns

It might be dishonest but it makes no difference weather they no or not.

So why then pretend they're not getting any information like this.

By the way, about the Graham Norton interview. There are many links of people talking about Kelly being able to state before the phonelines opened that Amelia was the one coming back. See the comments at the bottom of this article for example from Phil
    at 11:12pm and before

http://www.unrealitytv.co.uk/x-factor/x-factor-prompt-fix-claims-as-amelia-lily-is-announced-as-winner-before-results-revealed/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

If it took 2 days to learn the song were the 4 of them in rehearsals before the vote. Hope the others got well paid for that effort.

Laois_Man wrote: »
    So why then pretend they're not getting any information like this.

By the way, about the Graham Norton interview. There are many links of people talking about Kelly being able to state before the phonelines opened that Amelia was the one coming back. See the comments at the bottom of this article for example from Phil
    at 11:12pm and before

http://www.unrealitytv.co.uk/x-factor/x-factor-prompt-fix-claims-as-amelia-lily-is-announced-as-winner-before-results-revealed/

I don't know why, never made any sense to me in the first place.

Fair enough but i'd like to see in what context all these comments were made. Again it could've just been presumed as Amelia is way ahead of any of the others that were knocked out the first week and most of those still there for that matter.

Again, going back to the voting argument , iirc, Matt won every week apart from the first last series so by week 7 should they have just wrapped the show up and announced Matt as the winner?

woodoo wrote: »
    If it took 2 days to learn the song were the 4 of them in rehearsals before the vote. Hope the others got well paid for that effort.

And why would they be paid when they have the opportunity to recommence in the competition?

It might be dishonest but it makes no difference weather they no or not.

Well I suppose that is true if you don't believe in the basic principles of honesty and transparency (which you obviously have no regard for)

Well I suppose that is true if you don't believe in the basic principles of honesty and transparency (which you obviously have no regard for)

Nope, no regard at all. On the other hand, if you feel so aggrieved, maybe its time to start watching Strictly of a Saturday night.

Nope, no regard at all. On the other hand, if you feel so aggrieved, maybe its time to start watching Strictly of a Saturday night.

I like this thread - most of the people here are great fun (and know how to spell whether).

• Advertisement

I like this thread - most of the people here are great fun (and know how to spell whether).

I agree. At the same time I'm not going to let a typical " X-factor is shíte, OMG the voting is fixed!!!!1111!!!11!!!! " bandwagon takeover the thread when there is very little evidence to suggest as such.

As regards my spelling, quite possibly all of the other posters in the thread are of a higher intelligence than myself but then but I do always start my sentences with a capital letter.

I agree. At the same time I'm not going to let a typical " X-factor is shíte, OMG the voting is fixed!!!!1111!!!11!!!! " bandwagon takeover the thread when there is very little evidence to suggest as such.

As regards my spelling, quite possibly all of the other posters in the thread are of a higher intelligence than myself but then but I do always start my sentences with a capital letter.

So you think that there is no element of contrivance by the production team from the start of the auditions to the announcement of the winner?

So you think that there is no element of contrivance by the production team from the start of the auditions to the announcement of the winner?

I completely think there is but it is mostly down to editing and the encouragement of certain characters behaviours than anything obviously untoward.

I completely think there is but it is mostly down to editing and the encouragement of certain characters behaviours than anything obviously untoward.

Well I suppose that depends on the definition of the word ' untoward'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

The could have brought the four acts back tonight and eliminated the bottom three, that way the public would have got a chance to see them perform.

Yes it looks like a fix and just a publicity stunt.

Well I suppose that depends on the definition of the word ' untoward'

e.g, fixing phone votes, kicking somebody off the show in order to bring a much more talented contestant back.

Were we supposed to have voted for them from memory?

e.g, fixing phone votes, kicking somebody off the show in order to bring a much more talented contestant back.

Well in that case Xfactor is a prime example of untowardness

Well in that case Xfactor is a prime example of untowardness

More or less, even though they did give a couple of minutes at the start of the show to a brief re-cap.

Examples please?

• Advertisement

I don't know why, never made any sense to me in the first place.

Fair enough but i'd like to see in what context all these comments were made. Again it could've just been presumed as Amelia is way ahead of any of the others that were knocked out the first week and most of those still there for that matter.

Again, going back to the voting argument , iirc, Matt won every week apart from the first last series so by week 7 should they have just wrapped the show up and announced Matt as the winner?

No they should have not pretended not to not have any knowledge of who's getting and not getting votes. But they know every week, it's obvious in the comments they give, and they know exactly who's in the bottom 2 every Sunday night and they know exactly who they're gonna be eliminating while they sit there pretending to rake thru the turmoil of their guilt while pretending to be trying to make up their minds on who to send home.

It's a start for your healing process that you have admitted there is some dishonesty at the back of the show at least. :D

As for the Graham Norton interview with Kelly, you can watch it anytime on iPlayer on the BBC website. While doing so, remember the context that this interview was taped on Wednesday night, AFTER they'd announced the public vote for the first 4 eliminated votes, and BEFORE those vote lines actually opened. i.e. since none of the 4 had any previous public voting pattern to go on, BEFORE it was possible to have any inkling that Amelia would be far ahead of someone like James Michael!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement